N Hotel Quebec
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel Giffard(Quebec City)
  • Pool
Le Motel Chevalier(Quebec City)
  • Pool
L'Hotel Port-Royal(Quebec City)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
L'Hotel Belley(Quebec City)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Le Saint-Paul(Quebec City)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmontmorency fallsmurphy bednormandin restaurantminute drivediscount couponwood floorsnot hesitate to stay here againcoffee and juiceadjacent restaurantenglish speakersst huberthotel chainminutes by carcomfort innthe room was nicedesk clerkeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A ten minute drive to the popular old part of Quebec City. Many restaurants - mostly all fast food-within a short walk and we had good breakfasts in an affiliated restaurant next door. Room was modern, quiet and fairly well equipped. A queen-sized Murphy bed is a good addition to the regular kingsized bed. (We kept ours closed as not required.) No pool or exercise room but for the budget price, one really couldn't expect such. We did miss not having an electric kettle or coffee maker in the room but there was free coffee (many choices) available from a machine 24 hours a day in the lobby.Would certainly stay again even though it does feel out of the bustle and excitement of the old town.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SeasideChris
Louis M, Responsable commercial at N Hotel Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write your review on our Tripadvisor page. I am glad that you found the comfort and value for money you were expecting by choosing the N Hôtel. It’s also nice to read that you enjoyed the 20% breakfast discount coupon provided for the Normandin Restaurant.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back at N Hôtel next time you visit Quebec City.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 31 August 2013

This hotel was surprisingly good for the price. I was apprehensive booking as it almost seemed too good to be true at $75 a night. The photos do the rooms justice, they were spotless and modern. The fold down bed is a great idea, it’s a full queen bed with a proper mattress. It's nothing like those fold out couches. If you don’t need the extra bed you have plenty of space. The king size bed was one of the best I have slept on in a hotel. Better than many much higher priced hotels.

Someone said the AC was noisy. I do have to agree here but it really wasn’t much worse than any other budget hotel room AC. It would have been nice if you could leave the fan running between compressor cycles, just for the white noise. We couldn’t make it do this even in the on position, the whole thing would shut down for periods. It could disturb your sleep when it kicks back in. It took a bit of getting used to. This is my only real criticism, it could also be that I missed a setting.

The coffee machine in the lobby was a nice touch. Someone said it was complicated not sure how they figured that, its two button presses. You had a choice several types of coffees, good not great but then again its a machine. They provide fresh creamer so no fake powdered stuff.

The location was good. It's not downtown and it takes about 10 minutes to drive into the city. The hotel is very close to a highway that takes you straight in. Parking costs are between $15 and $18 a day. This can add up if you are making several trips. There are a couple of restaurants and several fast food places within walking distance. Not much else though its pretty residential (decent neighborhood). We drove by a hotel that was also on short list, glad we didn’t pick it, bit of a sketchy neighborhood. Not sure I would pick this hotel if I didn't have a car though. I believe you can catch a bus but that didn't seem all that practical. The hotel is located on the same road as the Montmorency Falls Park, maybe 10 minutes away.

There is no pool. That’s not all bad though. I think this helps keep the costs down and also makes for a much quieter stay. The place wasn't overrun with screaming kids.

Lastly the staff were great, very helpful and friendly. If I travel back to Quebec for business or pleasure I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Just a great little hotel!

Room Tip: I think the rooms are all pretty much the same.
3  Thank MaineTraveler2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for having taken few minutes of your time to write your good comments on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that you were positively surprised by N Hôtel. As you mentioned, pictures of the rooms that some little hotels provide are unfortunately not always reflecting their true nature which is not the case on our Web-site. We want to offer the best value for money and I think that this is what our guests gets by staying with us. Indeed, we are only few minutes driving from Old Quebec but also from le Parc de la Chute Montmorency and l’Île d’Orléans which gives us a great location for our customers who want to visit major touristic attractions. I am also pleased to know that our team gave you the support that you were looking for.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to N Hotel during your next business or pleasure trip in Quebec!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Hotel is located 5 minutes from Quebec City by car (I would not recommend using public transportation to access it from the city) and easy to find. Friendly service. Our room was on the upper floor, king-size bed plus an extra queen-size bed pretty much filled up the room once the queen-size bed was made. Decent size, extremely clean. Had a microwave oven and a fridge, bathtub in the bathroom. Very quiet. Free parking and excellent price for what you get. Only thing I would recommend them to improve are the toiletries: we only got a minuscule bottle of shampoo and a tiny soap for three! Except from this minor thing, everything was great. Would recommend it to families and budget-conscious travelers, not to those who want to experience the charm of the old city at all time during their travel or boutique hotel fans.

3  Thank IsaPhD

Dear guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write your comments on Tripadvisor. As you mentioned, N Hôtel is very near from the Old Québec and offers a great value for budget-conscious travelers. I am glad that you appreciated the amenities of the room and its cleanliness. We know the importance of this aspect and we put many efforts to continuously offer the highest level of cleanliness in all or of our rooms and public areas. I am sorry if you didn’t get enough toiletries in your room; normally you should have get enough of every items for the number of people staying in your room. Be sure that I will make the appropriate follow-up on your case, although, I do invite you next time to contact our staff at the front desk, it will be a pleasure for them to provide you with the extra items you need.

We’ll be pleased to welcome you back at N Hôtel during your next trip to Quebec City!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

This hotel is conveniently located to Quebec City. The rooms are modern, nice TV, clean and comfortable bed and sofa, and nice bathroom made my stay enjoyable. All the little touches like microwave, fridge, and wi-fi came in handy for us! The only downside, albeit small, was the lack of service at the front desk. They were all friendly, but they were all overwhelmed with their jobs. They all seemed to be stretched to the limit multitasking on the phone, on the computer, and speaking with guests at the front desk. They did not help very much, but they did make an effort to be friendly! This is a modern and comfortable hotel at a very good price.

Room Tip: Hotel has only 2 floors.....very long corridors. Ask for a room near the elevator. Rooms are quiet, so guest traffic is no problem!
1  Thank moishe613

Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your comments about your last stay at N Hotel. I am glad to read that you did many details in your room. As you mentioned, the microwave, the fridge and the Wi-Fi access are pretty useful for most of the travelers and that is why we knew that it was important to provide those amenities in all of our rooms. I am sorry that our team couldn’t give you the support you would have needed. Indeed, our staff is really friendly and welcoming, but we’ll make sure to make a follow up about the situation you went through.

We hope to see you back to N Hôtel for your next stay in Quebec city!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Excellent value for Quebec City. What lacks in certain services like no breakfast, it more than makes it up in the modern look and upkeep.

Very clean, and the wood floors help tremendously. And the beds... Oh, what a great night we all had,

Staff was friendly too. Free wifi and free coffee as well. No breakfast however, but coupons for their restaurant. They do offer free juice in the morning but promptly shuts the machine off at 10am.

For the price, specially when you factor in parking, it's a great value.

3  Thank rsuaver
Louis M, Responsable commercial at N Hotel Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that you had a great stay with us. It is great to know that you and your family really enjoyed the comfort of our beds! As you mentioned, we don’t offer any breakfast in the hotel, but we give a 20% discount coupon on all breakfasts at the Restaurant Normandin on the hotel permises.

We hope to see you back soon in Quebec city!