“Nice place for a stroll”
Review of Place d'Youville

and up
Quebec City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #60 of 225 things to do in Quebec City
More attraction details
Owner description: This square is a popular place year-round for activities including walking, in-line skating and skateboarding.
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We walked through this area a few times. It is fun to see people skating in the city. It is nice at night when all of the lights are on.

1  Thank Lisa015

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Place d'youville is a great place to start a walk on rue St-Jean you can also stop there to enjoy the skating ice during the winter.

During summer it is a busy place where you can see soem shows especially during the "Festival d'été de Québec)

2  Thank Martin C
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I am not a skilled skater so the small rink here was a perfect place for me to have fun, learn to skate, and repeatedly land on my butt while laughing my head off. My friend and I had a great time here. The fellow skaters were friendly and helpful with their encouragement, though they were speaking French so I suppose maybe they were telling me to get the hell off the rink?

You can't come to Canada in the winter and not wear skates at some point!

We took our own skates but you can rent skates at the venue itself.

4  Thank Simon J
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We found this a beautiful place to watch the skaters on the outdoor rink listen to the music and enjoy the evening. Being at the entrance to Old Quebec it is a great place to start your tour down St Jean st.

1  Thank MarkMac69
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Free skating. Has a small building with benches, locker and rags to dry off your skates. Rentals available as well. Wish we had something like this near me. Free flapjack breakfast on weekends during Winter Carnivale.

2  Thank LJtravelin