“Comfortable stay in 2-Queens Signature Room”

Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate
Ranked #20 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Our family of four stayed for two nights towards the end of July. We paid a bit more for the 'Signature' 2-queens room (booked via the Best Western website) instead of the 'Comfort' room offered via other online discount booking websites.

From what I see, the Signature rooms are slightly longer with space for two extra seats and a small table, plus there is an extra dresser . Its decor is a bit more upscale but both types of rooms have hardwood floors. I would still opt for the Signature room but in my opinion if you can get a much better rate for Comfort rooms, they are good as well.

The bathroom was a bit on the small side but it was clean and modern. We had no complaints on the comfort of the beds.

Hotel guests were given 15% discount to eat at the in-house restaurant. We tried dinner there one night and opted to pay $20 more for a four-course meal including soup, appetizer, hot entree and dessert. We thought it was actually not a bad deal as all the courses were quite delicious.

We also tried the Italian restaurant across the hotel, called Michaelangelo. The decor and food were also very good. Its wine offering was very impressive.

All in all, we had a great stay. Considering the hotel was clean, modern, had free WiFi, free parking and a heated pool for a quick dip, we thought it was generally a good value as opposed to hotels closer to the tourist areas.

3  Thank WahEee
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Bonjour WahEee,

Thank for taking the time to share this excellent review.

You are absolutely right about our Two Queen Signature rooms, they are 20% larger than our Two Queen Comfort rooms. I am glad that you enjoyed the quality of our services and free amenities.

Thanks again and we will wait the pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

First of all, I will start the review by saying that we rely on Best Western quite a lot when going on trips because of the price and what they can give you, but this was by far one of the best Best Western's we've been to in our experiences.

Firstly, the staff was beyond understanding. They were very helpful and ensured that everything was to our liking. Our favourite staff member was the lifeguard who's shift was during our stay because he was very helpful and patient. He talked to all the guests and gave us tips on what to check on what we were there. I do speak French, but my family doesn't, and it wasn't necessary in the hotel at all. The staff speaks fluent English.

The rooms are small, I'm not going to lie, but what do you use a room for? Storage and sleep! The size didn't make a difference at all because it was exceptionally clean and chic, and the beds and pillows were SO comfy that the hotel had a FAQ filled with questions about where they were from!

The restuarant is also very chic and tidy despite it's size. We'd only gone there for breakfast and they were very quick and kind with the service and the food was delicious. Although it is a bit expensive, it's very good.

The hotel is a 10 - 15 minute drive to old Quebec and various other attractions. The Aquarium of Quebec is literally a walking distance away (5 minutes)! I would recommend driving if you have a car, but there is a shuttle which comes at fixed times that you pay 3 dollars for that takes you there instead.

Overall, the great service, staff, and cleanliness really made our stay memorable. We fell in love with Quebec City and if we go back, this is the hotel for us!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back (ours of in the 250's) are VERY quite.
3  Thank fm2mm

Bonjour fm2mm,

Thank you for your extensive review and for your mention of best Best Western’s you have visited. This comment from Trip Advisor’ Senior Contributor is meaningful for all our team members.

You can be assured that all our team members will be delight with your excellent comments.

I am glad that you felt in love with our beautiful city and wish to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

This hotel was really the only place we could find as we normally stay at the marriott downtown closer to the old city, but it was booked up. We found the pool relaxing, and it was a short drive to old Quebec where you could park. Hotel is not quite as Luxurious as the Marriott, but thats fine, it was 1/2 the price also. Restaurant was very slow, so we ate elsewhere, and there are lots of places within a short drive and a couple within walking distance. Beds were very comfy.

3  Thank John F
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Bonjour Faber_family,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay.

I am glad that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds as well as the good value for money that we are able to offer.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again

Reviewed 24 July 2013

My family stayed 1 week (July 13 - July 21) at the Best Western l'Artistocrate and truly enjoyed our stay. We originally had requested a room with 1 king size bed but realized after one night that it was not suitable for us and we were immediately offered a room with 2 queen size beds which we gladly appreciated. We found the staff to be very polite and helpful with whatever request we made. The premises are very clean and the restaurant is top notch in terms of service and food. The outdoor pool met our needs and the complimentary shuttle bus to/from Old Quebec City was an added bonus. The hotel is 15 minutes from the airport. The aquarium is 0.5 km and the major malls are about a 5 minute drive.We look forward to returning to this hotel in the future.

1  Thank Instruc2r

Bonjour Instruc 2r,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for your perfect score of 5/5.

You can be assured that all the team will be more than pleased to read your comments. We are very proud to have a team who really care for our guests and being enthusiast to respond to guests’ needs.

We look forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I ended up at the Best Western after the B&B I booked turned out not to have air conditioning. With the temperature being over 30 degrees Celsius, AC is a must for me in this weather.

I came to Best Western as I met with a nice couple earlier who suggested I contact them for my stay. I stayed from July 14 to July 16 and the rooms were very comfortable, clean and have an awesome shower. The attractive staff was very accommodating in getting me a room with a nice firmer mattress as I prefer that over the comfortable albeit softer plush ones they have in most rooms.

The rooms have very good Air Conditioning and when the outside temperature was 35 degrees, the room can stay very cool at 19 degrees or warmer if set accordingly.

The hotel is very nicely located next to shopping malls, highways, and other destinations. The rooms are VERY quiet and good size.

I will add this as my go to hotel whenever I am visiting Quebec.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Hightechto
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Bonjour Hightechto,

Thank you so much for your great review and I am glad that our hotel will now being part of your ‘’go to hotel’’ list.

It is always motivating for all the team to read such a review done by a Senior Reviewer. You can be assured that we will be more than please to welcome you upon your next visit to Quebec city,

Reviewed 12 July 2013

This Best Western Hotel is rated by the chain as "Premier" but overall I was a bit disappointed. The decor is lovely - unique. The rooms are large with modern art. I had what looked like a crossing guard beside my bed which gave me a bit of a start in the middle of the night.

The bathroom was small and, although the fixtures were very modern and new, there was little room for personal items. Our room only had a shower - no bathtub.

Even though the hotel offered a 15% discount on meals at the adjacent restaurant, they were very expensive so we ate out or bought our meals at a Metro nearby.

The shuttle bus to Old Quebec City was not available until after we left but the city bus was quite convenient.

The Internet service was very good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra G
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Bonjour Sandra G,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel following your recent stay.

I am sorry that we have not been able to fulfill all your expectations; however, I am glad that you have appreciated our new décor. For your information, even though the majority of our rooms have glass shower with rain showerhead with still have rooms with bathtub. I would suggest that next time you are visiting our hotel, call us directly in order to give us your preference for a bathtub hence we will more than pleased to accommodate your preference.

Best regards from Quebec city,

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I booked this hotel based on other reviews. When we first pulled up, I wasn't sure what to expect because it is at the heart of a busy intersection and near highways. We were pleasantly surprised by the entire hotel. The staff was friendly and responsive to all of our needs and questions. Would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: We had room 251 which was on the back side of the hotel. It was very quiet.
1  Thank DMool
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Bonjour DMool,

A sincere thank you for your excellent review and I am glad that your expectations have been exceeded.

I am sure that our team members will be happy to read your excellent comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.