“Now that's a bed!!!!”

Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate
Ranked #20 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Ok... I was a little annoyed that an hour before arriving I saw the room online at $166 but wanted to wait till we got to the hotel because I had a new 'small business' corp # and hoped to get an extra 10%. Well by the time we checked in the room was 185 plus taxes and fees.
Sigh
This hotel looks new or newly renovated.
Everything was clean and modern.
When I went to wash my hands the towels edges were all shredded. (I brought this to the front desk's attention the next morning, she said they had a service but she would address the issue)
We saw a rain head shower and worried that the pressure would be bad.... Ahhhh so wrong... Shower was great!
Now the bed... It wouldn't fit in my suitcase... That is the only issue I had. Amazing sleep. Black-out curtains did a great job too:)
So it may have been pricey for a Best Western, especially one that didn't include breakfast... but the night's sleep made up for a whole lot.
We were there for a family event but the hotel even offers a shuttle to old Quebec. For tourists this is a great thing, you wouldn't want to drive downtown or try to park.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Bonjour katzmeow13,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel following your recent stay with us.

Our rain shower head and mattresses are amongst the most appreciated features of our renovated rooms; I am glad that you share this opinion.

I wish that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again

Best regards from Quebec, city,

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Overall very clean hotel. Rooms are nice and quiet.....until about 7am. If you want to sleep in here forget about it, The party starts with the cleaning crew who could not be louder as they laugh and carry on like a bunch of drunken sailors on leave all through the hallways banging walls and carrying on. The front desk staff are very rude and the crew running the restaurant for breakfast could be the rudest people in Canada. I was told by the front desk that my room came with free breakfast. The guy in the restaurant told me that was not the case and when I went up to the check in area they acted as if they forgot how to speak English all together. I would not stay at this place again ever.

Room Tip: rooms at another hotel would be much better
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank treynolds555
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

I want to offer my sincere apologies for not having met your expectations during your last stay with us..

Our goal is to provide a high quality service to each of our clients and the description you give me obviously does not correspond to the quality of service you are entitled to receive.
It is difficult for me to act on this situation because I do not have all the necessary details. So I would appreciate if you can contact me directly so we can discuss the situation.

Again sorry for the inconvenience and I will for your response.

c.cote@hotelaristocrate.com

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Pretty much close to everything we visited within 30 mins drive. Two minutes from the Aquarium, close to shopping malls and also right off a highway. When we entered the lobby, very nice and clean. The front desk people were very friendly, greeted us in French but once they knew we spoke English, they spoke English fluently. The rooms were clean and looked like they were refurbished. We asked for a room on the 2nd floor and was accommodated. We left a tip per day for the cleaning lady but on the first day, she was kind enough to leave us a note thanking us for the tip even though her day was pretty busy. We didn't visit the restaurant on site because we weren't there long enough, we did get a 15% coupon for the restaurant from the front desk. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Bonjour pwaqui,

Thank you for your excellent review, you can be assured that all our team members will be overjoyed with your great comments.

We are proud to offer to our guests a brand new décor and a personalized service.

Thank you again for your recommendation and I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed 2 nights and it was a taste of luxery. Lovely room with walk in shower and nice toiletries. Breakfast is served and we had a 15% off voucher. Shuttle bus to town which is very convenient. Nice restaurants nearby. Staff are extremely helpful. Overall a lovely stay and it will be our hotel if we ever go back to Quebec.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Theresa D
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Bonjour Theresa D,

Thank you for your great review and for giving us a perfect score of 5/5.

I am glad that we have fully meet your expectations and we will wait the pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Really nice place, the room was really clean and the service was awesome. The room we took had a king size bed and patio and the price was really good!! Nice view of the bridges and close enought from the shopping center. We will go there again that's for sure!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Mylene4

Bonjour Mylene4,

Thank you for taking time to share your opinion following your stay at our hotel and thank you for nominated our hotel one of the best hotel close to Quebec city.

You can be assured that all our team members will be enthusiastic with your comment and we will wait the pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is my yearly must go to hotel when I go to Québec. The beds are absolutely the best. (I get the King size). It is like sleeping on a cloud! The mattress is ultra comfortable and the bed linens are luxurious and there are plenty of soft fluffy pillows. If you want to go into old Québec, the city bus stops right across from the hotel and will take you into town for $3. Tell the drivers where you want to go and they are always super helpful. Internet is free and the service is good. Definitely recommend. There is a mini-bar, but items are expensive (normal) and a balcony with chairs if you want to byob and have a drink before going out on the town!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Guekjian

Bonjour Guekjian,

A sincere thank you for your great review following your recent stay at our hotel.

We are very proud to offer real upscale bedding packages which is really appreciated by our guests.

Thanks again for your definite recommendation and we will wait the pleasure to welcome you next year for your yearly visit!

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We arrive at this hotel after going to Montreal. The hotel is far from the centre of Quebec but it is very comfortable. It has a little pool and very good persons at reception, Alexandra was very nice with us. In the room there was hair in the towels but they changed them immediately.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Velasco1998
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Bonjour Velasco 1998,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel; you can be assured that I will be more than glad to share your excellent comment with Alexandra.

I am really sorry that we have not fully met your expectations. You can be assured that your comment regarding the towels will be reviewed with our housekeeping team.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again should your plan brings you back in the beautiful city of Quebec.