We decided to have a weekend get away to Quebec City (more particularly Old Quebec) and where we are frequent Best Western customers we picked this one as we read it has been recently remodeled.
Check in was a breeze and both young ladies working at front desk were very friendly and spoke english very well.
Location--We came from New Brunswick, so though the location is not right in Old Quebec, it was easily accessible as soon as you cross the bridge (which was more important to us).
We took a cab the first day to Old Quebec, which cost $33 per way however the nice young lady working at reception mentioned to us about the City Transit that picks up you up right outside the hotel and drops you off at the bottom of Old Quebec, only $3/per person each way.. We were busing it to and from hotel to Old Quebec as well as other customers at hotel. Bus is a great mode of transportation (very clean)
Room--Bed and pillows are soo comfy. Stand up shower (no bath --would have been nice since we are staying three nights and after walking all day in Old Quebec, but oh well, that shower made up for everything)... had an amazing shower head that I am going to go out and buy for our showers at home. The room was a little small, which we were surprised based on other Best Western we stayed at. However we know this hotel was remodeled so there is only so much a contractor can do. We were a little suprised that there was no microwave in the room. This would have been nice as one night we ate pizza and brought left over back but had no microwave to reheat. We had a balcony on the second floor... definitely worth it. on our last day and night, we just sat outside and enjoyed an adult beverage and watched the traffic go by. FYI... though this hotel is located right beside the highway, our rom was facing it, and I had no trouble sleeping (and trust me I am a light sleeper)
Coffee-Tea---Every Best Western we checked in always had a complimentary coffee-tea self serve bar in the lobby. Yes there is free coffee and tea in your room, but I dont know about the rest of you tea drinkers but I need milk with my tea... not coffee whitner. I went downstairs and spoke with a man at front desk, he suggested I check with restaurant. My husband and I went to the restaurant which was now closed :( We ran into the man from the front desk in the hall way and he appeared to be on his way home, though he did ask how we made out with restaurant, we told him we can hear people inside (must be cleaning restaurant) but we were out of luck. Anyway next day we walked across to service station and got a small container of milk for our fridge in the room. I understand where there is a restaurant at this location, they want customers to frequent it... but just a friendly suggestion LéAristocrate, it is nice to have a complimentary coffee-tea self serve bar with (real) milk and creamers .... not coffee whitners from room(yuck)
Hallway-very narrow, but the same goes for the reception, we just looked at this as an old hotel that go remodeled.
Would we return--Absolutely.. We are Loyal Best Western Customers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Park Aquarium, Laval University and the shopping centers; you will also benefit from La Fenouilliere, known as one of the finest restaurants in Quebec will delight you with its exquisite cuisine. Each room offers a brand new decor; our pillow-top mattresses and our high quality bedding will provide a perfect comfort. Free amenities included: parking, high speed internet access and local calls. In addition, you will find a work desk with ergonomic chair, flat screen TV of 42 inches, clock radio with dock for iPod and MP3, refrigerator, telephone and voicemail, iron and ironing board, hairdryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western l Aristocrate
- Best Western Quebec City
- Quebec City Best Western
- Best Western Premier Hotel L'Aristocrate Quebec/Quebec City