Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate
Hotel Sepia(Quebec City)
L'Hotel Quebec(Quebec City)
Auberge Quebec(Quebec City)
View Hotel
Hotel Plaza Quebec(Quebec City)
Hotel Quartier(Quebec City)
Lindbergh Hotel(Quebec City)
Hotel Classique(Quebec City)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree shuttlepierre laporte bridgeold quebecbest westernsmetro grocery storeshuttle serviceshort drivefront desk staffcity busoutdoor poolexcellent hoteleasy accessrain showercomfortable bedshardwood floorsclean hotelspeak french
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is lovely itself, it has hardwood floor which is nice, but it was noisy when we were stay there. You can hear people's foot steps upstairs, and our room were located close to the entrance, it was very noisy for our first stay, but we were told it was Quebec's holiday. The second night got a bit better.

Too bad the hotel itself doesn't provide free breakfast, and the restaurant on site was very expensive. The small diner outside of the hotel was very lovely though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Bonjour iExcel,

Thank you for sharing you opinion; however I am sorry that we did not entirely fulfill your expectations.

I understand your point concerning breakfasts, however, we have opt many years ago to have a restaurant in house in order to provide a high quality food and beverage offerings.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Not what I expected but I guess I am just not up to date on how Best Western markets itself. No breakfast included and a very expensive restaurant in the hotel. Arrived too late to go elsewhere so sat down to an ok meal with a whopping bill. Noisy air conditioner/heater in the room kept me up all night. Surprised and disappointed.

2  Thank Dave C

Bonjour David C,

I am sorry to read that we have not met your expectations and please accept our apologies.

Each Best Western must offer breakfasts and if you do not have an in house restaurant, you have to offer breakfast in a specific area within the hotel. Many years ago, the hotel’s owner has opted for having a 4 diamond restaurant in order to provide food and beverage to our guest.

For your information, we do have some rates available including breakfast.

Again I am sorry for not having able to fulfill your expectations.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days in early June. The hotel was very nice, room was very clean and we really liked the modern bathroom, wonderful shower and the bed more than comfortable. Amenities in the room were very nice as well. The room could have been slightly bigger but all in all it was fine for the two of us. The front desk staff were very polite and helped to book a day tour for us and arranged the transportation. We also got very good recommendations for restaurants just outside the old city. This particular block was like restaurant row in Manhattan, Lots of great choices for eating and they were open late as well. The one place the staff person recommended was open until midnight. Great suggestion for people coming from New York City.
The hotel itself is not very close to the old city but we had our car and it took maybe 20 minutes to get there. Not a big deal at all. Lots of shopping near by as well as the Aquarium.
Would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone coming to the area. Excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Bonjour LorrieAiman,

Thank you for your excellent review and for you recommendation.

I am glad that you have appreciated our new décor as well as the quality of service.
We will more than glad to welcome you next time you visit Quebec City,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We enjoyed our 3 nights in this hotel in the outskirts of Quebec, just off the interstate. Grounds are lovely. Nice sunny pool. Didn't try the elegant attached restaurant. Front desk spoke great English and were very helpful getting us directions and dining reservations. Hotel parking is easy and free. Our ground floor rooms were very comfortable, quiet and spacious: hardwood floors, exquisite linens, comfy beds, modern bathrooms, well furnished, decorated in contemporary theme. There are restaurants within walking distance. In suite coffee and tea was nice but the munchies (for sale?) were confusing. Ditch those!

It's an easy 15 minute drive to the city center. Downtown parking is expensive. We paid $30 one day. Found a better place for $15 the next. A downtown hotel with parking is a good alternative to this suburban hotel. You could just walk out the door into all the sights. Old Quebec is a walking spot. We did need our car for a jaunt out to the waterfalls.

Bonjour viajerarosa,

Thank you for you thorough review and for granting us a perfect score; your opinion is very important for us and you can be assured that I will share your great comment with our team member.

Hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We chose this hotel for the location! It was supposed to be a 10-15 minute walk to the old part of Quebec. After checking in and getting settled and finding our bearings on how to get to the old part of Quebec we then find out it is a 25 minute bus ride at $7.00 return trip. The money wasn't an issue just the fact we were duped. We took the bus as the reason for going was to see Old Quebec. As for our room - A/C very noisy and the bathroom very updated but no bathroom fan and when sharing with 3 ladies it got quite steamy and oderous at times!! We ate in the dining room for supper 1 evening and it was a disappointment - I had a steak which was supposed to have french fries and veg which I changed to mashed which I think were instant and the veg then became a bowl of green dandelion looking leaves(not even a dressing). Upon complaining he said well you changed the potatoe so thats what you get. For breakfast I had plain yougart with chewy honey! and it took forever to get our bill. I would not recommend the restaurant and would go elsewhere for food.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank frannybannanny
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Bonjour frannybannanny,

I am extremely sorry for the misinformation you got from the agency you used to book your room and you can be assured that I can imagine your disappointment.

As far as the restaurant La Fenouilliere is concerned you can be assured that I will share your opinion with the owner hence giving the opportunity to review it with his team.
Thank you for sharing your opinion and best regards from Quebec,