My wife and I spent 3 nights here, and were very happy with this hotel, and would certainly stay here again. The bed was very comfortable, although the pillows are so big that they're pretty heavy to move around during the night. The room and bathroom were "spic 'n span clean", WI-FI worked flawlessly (more than I can say about most places), and the corridors and elevators were clean and well lit.
Both the food and service at the in-hotel St. James bistro style restaurant were great, and the location is absolutely perfect. Step out through the bistro and you're on Rue St. Jean, in the center of shops and restaurants and strolling visitors.
Downsides - as mentioned in other reviews, the stairs from the street up to the lobby are an impediment, and having to double park in front of the hotel to get the car unloaded is necessary if there is no room at the curb. The bellmen are handy though, and will bring the luggage in and out, and get the car moved to their own garage next door.
At breakfast we opted for the "buffet". Service was fine and the choices varied, BUT when it came time to pay I was asked if I had visited the "hot bar". I had to ask what that is, and it was only then that I found out that there is a buffet within a buffet. Upon complaining about the surprise I was told that there is a large posterboard outside the door, but the setup is definitely designed to make one believe that all of the food was part of what was called the buffet. I do NOT like being surprised like that and it cost them the "excellent" rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the historic, culturally vibrant and gastronomic activity of Old Quebec, Hotel Manoir Victoria extends a warm and friendly welcome in an inviting decor that was recently renovated and upgraded. With its unique European style, the 4-star hotel offers 156 rooms and suites, some of which are high-luxury units with ambiance fireplace and whirlpool bath, eight meeting and function rooms that can accommodate up to 175 people, two restaurants including the inspired cuisine of "CHEZ BOULAY - BISTROBOREAL", free wireless high-speed Internet access, an indoor pool, a sauna, a fitness centre, an Internet lounge and indoor parking with valet service. In addition, the << Spa du Manoir>> offers a full range of beauty and well-being services which, combined with an expert advice and a relaxing environment, will wonderfully complement your stay: Therapeutic massages, body treatments and esthetics care are provided with first class expertise, effective products and warm human contact. Eight (8) treatment rooms are at your disposal to relax and rejuvenate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Manoir Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Victoria Hotel Quebec City
- Hotel Manoir Victoria Quebec/Quebec City