All reviews sleeping bag ice slide once in a lifetime ice sculptures bucket list overnight guests stay warm hot tub themed rooms long underwear snow tubing ice room wedding chapel maple taffy served in ice glasses indoor waterpark ice bars
Reviewed 9 May 2018

When I booked the hotel, I was told that we could get there by taxi or by a shuttle bus. My daughter and I traveled to Quebec City by train, and then took a taxi to the hotel, because the bus schedule didn't suit us.
When the time came to leave, I went to the front desk to book the bus back to Q.C. I was told in no uncertain terms that there was no bus, and that I was mistaken to think there was. I was told, by the same woman, that she could book me a taxi. I declined, and waited until she left. I then went to another staffer, who cheerfully assisted me in booking a return trip via bus.
When I got home, I contacted the hotel, and told them about my experience. They did not reply in any fashion.
Conclusion: The hotel is a unique, fun place. But the staff are not necessarily reliable, and may try to steer you to a company that gives them a kickback. And, if you complain, don't expect a response.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
12  Thank buttlej
Reviewed 2 April 2018

An amazing annual construction of sculpted snow/ice halls/rooms and suites. Reading material and a brief video provides ample information to make this an enjoyable experience.

The hotel is well lit, very quiet and totally secure. While there is security personnel manning the door that accesses the area leading to the Ice Hotel, it's still a little unnerving that only a curtain separates your individual room from the hallway. Subsequently, we could hear footsteps in the hallway while we were trying to sleep, which caused us to never really fall into a deep sleep. This was regrettable because the merino wool sleeping garments that we purchased ahead of time, the fleece inner lining and the arctic sleeping bag provided by the hotel kept us remarkably warm.

Although there are port-a-potties outside the rear of the hotel, we limited our beverages and went to bed later to avoid having to get up in the middle of the night. Having read that the outer lining of the sleeping bag accumulates condensation and gets very wet, we agreed to return to the extra room in the Valcartier(recommended) if either of us had to get up. Nevertheless, we enjoyed this experience and would try it again now that we know what to expect.

Room tip: All rooms are very quiet.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sageduo
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I didn't actually stay at the hotel, instead i visited on the 2nd to last day of the season during a day trip, and found it very interesting. I couldn't imagine actually spending the night on a slab of ice, but i was amazed by the detail and care that went into the decorations considering that the hotel would only be standing for few months. It was fun to see and i would recommend it as a visit

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank marion4travel
Reviewed 21 March 2018

The hotel made of Ice. Ice is cold. The website offers a pdf to look at and prepare to sleep in a hotel made of Ice. We also talked to Mark, an young Australian gentleman, who answered questions and addressed any concerns. The video to explain how to get in bed is entertaining and informative, a Must See! There is an Ice Chapel and frozen maple syrup on the grounds. There were couples and families of all ages staying the night. We enjoyed drinks in the Ice Bar in Ice Glasses. Save glasses for reduction on cost of the next one. The ice bar had an activity before bedtime where we carved our own ice sculpture. It was Fun and some people showed talent! The Ice Slide was fantastic! There are ice sculptures through-out. Before retiring for the night, we sat in the outside hot tube and spent a few minutes in the sauna to raise our core temperature. We had a room, number 423, that we could have gone to in the Valcartier resort if needed. Also they have a dormitory style room it you needed to move from the ice hotel. We were in Room 13 on 3/13. The room was called the Smoke and Mirrors Room. The room has a firebox in it. We had a fire that was lit at 12 and would burn for 45 minutes. The walls have carvings on them. This room was just a few feet away from a heated restroom. The bed is a pedestal or Ice with a mattress and you are provided a mummy bag style sleeping bag. We over dressed and work up the next morning very warm in the bags. Lesson learned, we know how to dress for next time! The Ice Hotel is the cold, we chose to make it a positive experience and recommend it to anyone who enjoys We hope someone from the resort reads this and can tell me know the name of the singer or the name of the song that Mark, the Aussie fellow, said made a video in the Smoke and Mirrors Room, #13.

Room tip: We chose a room with a firebox, not all rooms off it.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 13 March 2018

What an experience, it was a very pricey experience but well worth it. We bought package, suite with fireplace, same night accomodation at Hotel Valcartier and accomodation at Hotel Laurier the following night. It was well worth to choose the suite, you will have ice carvings in the wall while the chamber room was only a bed and very plain room. I find it a bit overpriced if bought as a package, we were not interested in winter activities but it was part of package which only cost almost $100 for 2 passes, we have to pay parking at Hotel Laurier which I think should have been included since we paid a of total of $1132.00 cdn for 2 nights accomodations for the 3 hotels. I will not stay at ice hotel again but I highly recommend to experience this once in a
Ifetime adventure. The Cons: there was not much privacy as there was only a curtain door that anybody can open. The bottle of champagne that was included in the package was 200ml bottle only. There were few porty potty and you are lucky if youre room is close to one. The fireplace was lit up late. Pros, good service, someone in the bar until 12 to call ice hotel staff. Sleeping bag was clean and will really keep you warm. You can buy extra log for the fire place. There breakfast buffet available until 11am. There was light switch reachable from the bed. The floors were not slippery since staff rake it regularly.

Room tip: Suite, fireplace is optional since it really does not generate heat but gives romantic ambiance
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank lyn2lyn