“Great Stay”

Ranked #33 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Toronto, Canada
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We stayed for 3 nights over the long weekend in May. We were on a group tour which usually don't get the best rooms, but we were on the 18th floor in a beautifully renovated room with a fantastic view. It was super clean and both beds were comfy with 4 pillows on each. The flat screen TV received a lot of channels and was glad that many were in english. There was free wifi in the lobby for 1 hour and it would have been nicer to do it from the room but was not going to pay for it. The location was perfect...just outside the walls and we were able to walk everywhere. The staff we encountered were very polite and professional. They were super patient with us as we tried out our high school french from many years ago. A perfect hotel for a perfect vacation!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Let's say the parking is hard to find (and that you must pay for it)
Let's say you have to pay extra for a king size bed.
Let's say you do not sleep well because the pillow are not confortable.
Let's say you sleep bad because there is a lot of sound outside. My room was at the corner of the street, but the sound in the room is not isolated from the street. So you hear the traffic.
Let's say your room is small compared to the next hotel.

Then, you would be eager to pay some money for that.

But at 200$ the night, no.

Hell no.

Go to the Delta Hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LePierre-Luc
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We were there for work and to be honest for 5 days was blown away at the views and the service in the hotel.

I was on floor 11 and some of the party stayed on floor 9 I am guessing both renovated floors. Great views and the ability to get fresh air into the room is great.

Special thanks to Vanessa and Phillipe in the executive lounge which made the stay that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2011
Reviewed 15 May 2011

On all travelling occasions I always make it a point to stay at Hilton Hotels for their consistency and high-quality service. I stayed at the Hilton Quebec city on May14th 2011 on the 12th floor. The service is very good but the rooms and even the corridors are outdated on the unrenovated floors, the carpets needed to be cleaned, the room smelled musty, the old pneumatic thermostat in the room was not even working and windows looked like they have not been washed for years.... Can't tell you wich floors are renovated but the 12th is clearly not. However I am NOT suggesting that the hotel is totally dilapidated but just doesn't meet the Hilton facility standards.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dominic514
Toronto
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Stayed here for two nights (April 23&24). This hotel is minutes from Old Quebec. Great hotel, clean rooms (got renovated room) great service. Sunday afternoon for about 1 hour we could hear drilling due to renovation. I went down to front desk to complain about the noise. They were very nice and right away gave (4 adults) us access to the VIP lounge.... we had dinner, drinks and breakfast there... Sure made up for the noise. We will defiantly go back and I am so recommending this place. There are always going to be issues with resorts and/or hotels. The main thing is HOW these issues are dealt with!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2011

We spent a week-end on business mi-March. We parked in their unground parking for 17$/day. This place is at a 10 minute walk from the beautiful historical old Quebec. Wonderfully situated. There are lots of shops, restaurants and sights to see.

The hotel room was small but adequate. We had a king bed with the view of old Quebec., the port and Chateau Frontenac. Personally, I found the bed much to soft, but that's my taste.Also, if my husband would just move a little, I felt the bed shake too much. Again, we are used to movement controlled beds or whatever they're called. We could see the sun rise. Our room and iron and board, mini fridge, coffee machine, alarm,safe (that could hold a 15 in or so laptop, wire internet, hair dryer. There is an ice machine close but not on every floor. We had a vending machine at 2,50$ for water and soft drinks. The ice machine was a floor down. There is free Wifi in the lobby, just ask for the password. Low water pressure in the shower. Not much info is in the room about the hotel. Nothing on the restaurant, massages, pool, etc...only the room service.

Take note that there is no snubbed like their website advertise...since at least 8 months. The gym and the pool are on the same level. The heated pool has an entry inside, so it's wonderful to use even in the winter.

We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant for 15$ each ( tip included) for a buffet. Very good selection. We headed out for lunch and dinner. You can ask the concierge for restaurant reservation and suggestions. Also in the lobby, there is a place where they organize activities. While we were there, they offered a group outing at Val Cartier (tube slides) with shopping I think. Ask for a map of Old Quebec at the reception or concierge desk.

Remember to put out the do not disturb sign, as they knocked at 8am on Saturday to do our room. Lucky for us we were awake.

I would stay here again because it's so close to the sights, restaurants and shops. I would ask for 2 double beds to get a better nights sleep.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2011

This is as nice as any Hilton property that I have stayed at. I was a little nervous after I read some negative reviews from other trip advisor members. I will start by saying that I was in a renovated room on a renovated floors. This meant that I did not experiance any of the problems with old and worn rooms that previous members have written about.

Another complaint I saw in a previous review was the parking situation. I drive a fairly tall vehicle so I am always concearned that it will not fit in the garage. I called after I booked and I spoke with a very nice front desk person who told me that if my car did not fit in their garage there was a parking garage nearby for oversized vehicles. She also explained to me that I could save some money by parking after 4 pm. I think the cost of this garage is 17.00 per day.

When I arrived I was greated by a very nice valet. When I asked him if my car was too big to valet he said it may too big to valet in the garage, but they had an outdoor lot where they valet oversized vehicles. I decided to leave my car with them and have the 25.00 per day charged to the room.

From the time I arrived and left my car with the valet I was greated with nothing but friendliness, respect and thoughtfulness from all of the staff. Marc the concierage was absolutely fantastic. He is a true professional and a credit to the Hilton orginization. The front desk workers were also very helpful.

Now for Hilton Honors members. This Hilton has an excecutive lounge that I was granted access to because of Hilton Honors. It is a fantastic room on the top floor of the Hotel. This is where the complmentary breakfast for Hilton Honors members is served. They also serve complimentary snacks in the afternoon from 5-7pm. The view from the lounge is probably the best view in Quebec Cifty. The staff in the excecutive lounge were very helpful. The lounge has free WIF Iinternet access.

The Gym and Pool were very nice. The pool was a little cold, but it is outside and it was cold outside. The location of this hotel is fantstic. it is a short walk to the old city and very close to some very nice bars and restaurants on St Jean street. The staff told me about an underground walkway which allows you to stay inside until you almost reach the restaurants, bars and clubs on St. Jean Stret that are near the hotel.

I know my experiance my have been different from other travelers because I am a Hilton Honors member. If you are a Hilton Honors member and you are thinking about traveling to Quebec City, give this hotel a try. I do not think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple