“Nice Place, Great Location”
Review of Hilton Quebec

Hilton Quebec
Ranked #34 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice Place, Great Location”
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Pretty much a typical Hilton. Nice clean room, very comfy bed, good service. No surprises, just the way I like it. Lots of convention/conference business there because it's across from the Quebec Conference Center. When I arrived it was Ducks Unlimited and when I left a couple days later it was Canadian Neuro-Surgeons. Great location for visiting the Old City and touristy areas. Definitely would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parliament building
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank bentleyj1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I stayed at the Hilton in Quebec city with my 10 year old son when I went there for a recent conference. The location was not as good as that of the Fairmont hotel, and the service and food quality were definitely below average. The pool was small, and there were no pool toys etc. that would have made a child's stay more enjoyable (even a inflatable ball would have been fun). The breakfast buffet was standard in terms of what was offered, but the food was not fresh (pancakes had gone hard, eggs were runny, etc.).

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
2 Thank frequentflier20
belleville, ontario
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Very clean and excellent beds. I don't usually sleep well in hotel beds but this one was incredible! Very close to the old city as well as the Grand Allee. The pool was closed for repair so I can't comment on that. I was offered the use of another hotel pool but I didn't bother. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great time of year to go (first week of June), not a lot of tourists yet and the weather was wonderful. I stayed on the 11th floor with a view of the mountains and had a wonderful sunset every night. The only thing I didn't like was the black tile in the bathroom, although it was very clean, I just didn't feel comfortable with it. A bit of a clean freak. I would stay here again in a minute!

Room Tip: mountain view had beautiful sunsets.
2 Thank tiggy123
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2011

This was the most disgusting hotel that I have ever stayed at. I was in Quebec for business and I had specifically asked for a renovated room before I arrived, which the hotel staff stated would not be a problem. Upon my arrival I discover that I am staying in a room on the 14th floor, which was absolutely disgusting. Dark blue wallpaper peeling off the walls, dark green carpet, and to top it off, the room smelled of smoke. I went back to the front desk and asked for a “renovated” room. They stated that the hotel was full and that if I wanted a renovated suite I would have to pay an extra $30/night. I was so frustrated at this point, as my colleagues, who had not even requested a renovated room had them. I decide to pay the extra $30/night as I am here for work and would like a semi-comfortable stay if possible. Wow. That is how I describe my “suite" (Room 2304) It was absolutely rancid. The room was so creepy and dirty, brown stains all over the furniture, carpet, and “art.” They gave me a Murphy bed to sleep on that had springs sticking out of it. AND, to top it all off....whenever I used my air ventilation to cool down the room, I had the distinct pleasure of smelling grease and baked beans. My room must have been connected to the kitchen ventilation. I woke up every morning gagging and throwing up due to this. I discussed this with the front desk and they stated that there is nothing that they could do about the ventilation, that I would have to smell baked beans and garbage from the kitchen every morning. I have never felt the need to write a review like this for any hotel, but I feel that it is my duty to warn others.....STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE HILTON...IT IS RANCID!!! How does the Hilton Quebec feel right about charging me over $250/night for this type of room and service!!

9 Thank RK82
yqbhi, Front Office Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Dear guest,

I want to thank you on behalf of the Quebec Hilton staff for taking the time to give us and the Trip Advisor readers some feedback on your stay. Your comments are very valuable to us and will allow us to improve every aspect of the establishment. I also want to personally apologize for not delivering our Hilton promise of exceeding all your guest expectations on this past stay.

We are at the end of an aggressive renovation project and only three floors out of 21 are still undergoing the renovation project which should end at the beginning of 2012.

We’re very proud to have completed full renovation in more than 80% of our guest rooms. In addition to our guest rooms, the lobby, the Executive lounge, the gym and all our meeting room facilities have also been renovated. In addition to this huge renovation project, the reknown hospitality of our staff throughout the Hilton chain in Canada allows the Hilton Quebec to be a leader in the hotel industry in Quebec City.

Unfortunately, on sold out weeks, we have to assign our non renovated rooms and I am truly sorry that one these rooms was assigned to you on your last visit with us. However, I don’t think that your past stay is the true image of our hotel.

I certainly hope that you will give Hilton and the Hilton Quebec a second chance and please contact me directly should your travels take us to Quebec again.

Francis Gagné
Front Office Manager
Hilton Québec
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My husband and I attended a Ducks Unlimited Convention held at the Hilton and the adjacent Convention Center. Our room with the great view was well appointed, comfy king bed, marble bath. The staff was accomodating and friendly. The restaurant was a little pricey and the food was 'hotel restaurant' food. Because Quebec City is small, we were able to walk to the old part of the city and enjoy some French restaurants- a taste of Europe in North America. We also had a city tour with a very informative guide. The Hilton was a good value for our stay.

Room Tip: Upper floor for the better view
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M.Remi
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We stayed for 3 nights over the long weekend in May. We were on a group tour which usually don't get the best rooms, but we were on the 18th floor in a beautifully renovated room with a fantastic view. It was super clean and both beds were comfy with 4 pillows on each. The flat screen TV received a lot of channels and was glad that many were in english. There was free wifi in the lobby for 1 hour and it would have been nicer to do it from the room but was not going to pay for it. The location was perfect...just outside the walls and we were able to walk everywhere. The staff we encountered were very polite and professional. They were super patient with us as we tried out our high school french from many years ago. A perfect hotel for a perfect vacation!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Let's say the parking is hard to find (and that you must pay for it)
Let's say you have to pay extra for a king size bed.
Let's say you do not sleep well because the pillow are not confortable.
Let's say you sleep bad because there is a lot of sound outside. My room was at the corner of the street, but the sound in the room is not isolated from the street. So you hear the traffic.
Let's say your room is small compared to the next hotel.

Then, you would be eager to pay some money for that.

But at 200$ the night, no.

Hell no.