We have stayed at the Quebec Hilton three times in the last two years both as a base for skiing and to witness the Carnival.
On each visit ,we have found everything to be fine with a very friendly staff and perfectly comfortable and clean rooms. On each occasion, we have stayed on one of the Executive Level floors and used the Executive Lounge during the time there. This year, the reception staff noticed our 9 night booking and immediately took me into the Lounge and the very friendly concierge, Gabriel, checked us in very quickly and efficiently. I had forgotten to request a rollaway and it was delivered to our rooms by the time that we arrived there ourselves. Beat that!
The Lounge offerings are perfectly adequate with a Continental breakfast ( or restaurant vouchers which can be topped up for $4 if you prefer the hot buffet ) In the evening, you are able to sample hot appetisers, cheese, fruit, pastries etc. and the alcoholic drinks are about $5.50 per shot for wine and $6 for spirits. This is done on an "honesty " basis!
The comments about the rooms puzzle me as our room was, generally, warm and there was no need for the extra blanket. The outside temperature was -35 degrees C so Quebec in winter is not something to be uprepared for. We have not had a problem with feeling cold at any time on our three stays.
The size of the rooms differ slightly from those at the front of the hotel to those with the "City " view at the back. The sizes can be found on the website ( 291 sq.ft.) and are not particularly small whichever you are in. The concierge took us on a tour of the recently renovated floors( 1-4 ) which are done with the "Hilton" bed, pastel colours and well designed furniture which gives more storage space than before which was the only slight criticism that I could make. The intention is to renovate gradually without inconveniencing guests and the product that we saw was of very high standard.
The valet parking was very efficient and handled by the car valets and porters very well indeed. We left each morning at a busy time and were always able to get away promptly. The porters who stood out in the bitterly cold weather were always cheerful and ready to help with any queries.
We used the Allegro Restaurant on a couple of occasions and found no problem other than my grasp of spoken Quebec French. The carafe of red wine was not at room temperature so in my fashion told the server just that or so I thought. She came back with some ice in a jug! My fault , I admit and something to laugh about.
We asked about the ownership of the hotel. Apparently, it had been owned by a company who were more into shopping mall development where now the owners are hotel developers and keen on improving their chain of Hiltons across Canada.
Overall, we had a great time and would not hesitate to go back. The hotel is fine and, with the renovations, will offer excellent value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star getaway in the heart of all major events! Choose the Hilton Quebec City and explore the charm of Canada's oldest city. The hotel is just a 20-minute drive from the airport and five minutes from the train station. Located on Parliament Hill, just steps from Old Quebec and the main tourist attractions, the Hilton Québec is renowned for its impeccable service and exceptional location. Each of the 571 rooms offers spectacular views of the city. Executive rooms offer exclusive access to the superb Executive Lounge including complimentary continental breakfast in the morning, hors d'oeuvres and non-alcoholic beverages in the evening. With the heated outdoor swimming pool open all year round, the 24-hour fitness center, the Allegro restaurant and bar or the buffet of local products with panoramic views at Resto Le23, Hilton Québec has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec City
- Hilton Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec Quebec City