“Quebec Hilton”
Review of Hilton Quebec

Hilton Quebec
Ranked #34 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We had a very nice 4-night stay at this holel for Quevec's Winter Carnival. It's a great location with just about everything within walking distance. Clean, spacious room and bathroom, friendly and helpful staff. I would/will stay here again. But....the hotel fell short on it's WIFI technology. It was so slow that it was virtually unusable. I hope they can improve on that.

Room Tip: Dining alternative - L-Accent was a nice Bistro one block from the NW Hotel exit. There was also a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed for three nights as part of a large conference on business.

The Hilton Quebec is well located (not too much of a slope as compared with the prospect of walking from your hotel to the city's sights in other areas of the city) and has easily accessible parking at a decent rate.

Meals were included with the conference and ranged from full eggs and bacon buffet style breakfasts to continental, sandwiches and salads for lunch and an Asian style buffet. The food was quite good and they served a large number of people with ease.

Conference rooms were large, well equipped technologically with good air circulation (if not a bit too much air conditioning...).

Quebec City is always a favorite for me and I'm glad to have found yet another quality place to stay whether I'm in the city for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2013
DanyThibault, General Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel while you were in Quebec City! We try our best to make life on the road easier especially for business travelers such as yourself. Also our location is much appreciated because it allows you to visit while on business.

If ever life brings you back to Quebec City, make sure to register for Hilton HHonors if you aren't yet a member. That way, you can earn points & miles while staying in any Hilton hotel and eventually get a free vacation anywhere in the world. The great part is that it doesn't take too long before earning enough points to get a free stay.

Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

We arrived late on Thursday night and were given dirty looks by the man cleaning the floor by the front door. He was apparently annoyed to have to let us pass. The staff at the front desk was equally as unpleasant. Follow that up with the man cleaning the elevator who was also was rude. Staff definitely not trained in the art of making you feel welcome!!! The room was average. The shower was amazing!!! There is a pool which is partially indoors and mainly outdoors. There is also a small fitness center with equally unpleasant staff members. Parking is $18 a night. The hotel us close to carnival but, I would recommend that you stay at Loews as it is much nicer and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013
DanyThibault, General Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Good morning,

First and foremost, I wish to thank you for sharing your experience. I honestly appreciate your input and sincerely apologize for the poor service you encountered from our lobby and cleaning staff. In fact, I would definitely appreciate if you could give me more details of your check-in experience (time & date, etc...) I would use it as part of our ongoing service training. Our goal is to make every guest feel valued and welcome. Usually, guests feel that our team members are genuinely warm and caring. I deeply regret that this was not your case. I am hoping that you will return to our beautiful city eventually. If this is the case, please contact me directly and I will personally take care of making your reservations.

(dany.thibault@hilton.com)

Reviewed 13 February 2013

This was our first stay @ Hilton, QC, we would come back. Excellent location & generally friendly staff. As @ other Hilton's we booked Executive Lounge access, it's very good EXCEPT due to low occupancy on Sunday it was not in operation Sun evening or Monday breakfast but there was NO prior communcation to us. Also, I neglected to "pre-book" a 1 1/2 hr later check-out and to my surprise, upon check-in was told to come back on our departure morning for a decision, this has never happened to me before anywhere and is not the way to do business and even more so given my above comments re low Sunday occupancy & given our Monday check-out.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was our third time staying at the Quebec Hilton in the past 6 years – each time for Winter Carnaval. This hotel has been our top choice for accommodations in this beautiful city because of its consistent delivery of great rooms, amenities and location.

This time; however, we noticed some things that we feel a hotel of this calibre should not have issues with:

- Room: no fan in the bathroom. With 4 people sharing the room, this was definitely an issue
- The toilet would take a very long time to refill, thereby exacerbating the issue with the fan
- 3 bath towels for 4 guests
- We noticed a tray of used room service items in front of one of the doors near ours in the hallway. This tray was there from the previous night and we noticed that someone had finally picked it up on the following evening after it started to smell pretty bad
- No brochures or information about the hotel amenities or what to do around town
- The swimming pool, which is one of their best features was not heated enough and appeared almost too cool even in the indoor part

We are not nit-picky travelers although it may seem like it with some of the above issues, but when the standards have been set fairly high with previous visits, it is not unreasonable to expect not to have to deal with such small inconveniences that add up to form an impression.

Overall, the hotel location makes it hard to beat and the staff are generally friendly and helpful, however it seems like sight has been lost of some of the finer touches here and there that made this our top choice.

Room Tip: Try to get access to the Executive Lounge. Amazing views!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank nabestag
DanyThibault, General Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Good morning,

First and foremost, thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel and sharing feedback on your recent stay. I truly appreciate your honest input and apologize for the issues you encountered this visit. Rest assured that follow ups will be made in order to offer a better service. I know our guests deserve the best in hospitality and your comments will help us to refocus on the details that make the difference. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you are in the area so we can show you the quality stay you have come to expect from us.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

I used HHonors points for a 3 day at the hotel and I probably got a small room. Not bad but really small.
The Hotel location is great and you are walking distance from the main attractions in Old Quebec.
The hotel restaurant was ok for a quick meal when we arrive.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Just attended the 59th annual Winter Carnival in Quebec and spend four days here at the Hilton. Just a block away from the carnival site, it was a perfect location. There are hundreds of restaurants all within close walking distance and the lobby hotel restaurant is quite nice as well.

Stayed on the twelfth floor and the view was phenomenal. The exercise room, pool and sauna were all well equipped and seemed very popular.

My room had a coffee maker and was replenished twice daily. That's great service for a coffee drinker like myself. Bed was typical Hilton - excellent - and room and bath were both very spacious.

I'll definitely be back on future trips.

Room Tip: Room 1215 has a great view - see photo
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo