I stayed here for four nights in mid April while attending a conference at the very close by Congress Centre. All in all, I had a mixed experience.
Location: I'll start with the very good news. The hotel is really ideally situated for anyone attending an event at the Congress Centre. There's an indoor link or you can literally walk less than 50m outside to go in the front door. For my stay, this was great. It's also very close to the old town. Everything in old town is no more than a 15-20 minute walk away. There were plenty of great restaurants and a grocery store located within 2 blocks.
Room: This was a mixed bag. The room had a very pleasant modern design and looked recently redesigned. The king bed was very comfortable and there was little noise to be heard from the street below (I was on the 12th floor overlooking the Parliament buildings - a stunning view!) or from other rooms. I slept very well each of the four nights. During my stay, I had a large number of junebugs / beetles that materialized from inside the heater below the window and crawled all over the window throughout my stay. About 20 dead bugs littered the windowsill and the floor close by each day of my stay. I mentioned it to the front desk who only gave it a bit of a shrug. One day they were cleaned up by housekeeping, the other days not. I expected a bit more from a Hilton of this stature. On another cleanliness item - two of my shower towels had pretty significant stains that were off-putting to say the least.
Amenities: A business-oriented hotel needs to have strong, reliable, fast wifi. This place didn't. I got better download speeds on my iPhone via 3G than the hotel's wifi. The two nights I (tried) to use the wifi it would continuously drop out and run at speeds less than 1Mb/s. This is really unacceptable for a business hotel. It's further unacceptable if you have to pay $9.95/night for it (the charge was removed either because of the conference rate or as a result of having a HHonors membership). In order to transfer some large files I literally had to walk over to the conference centre to do this. It also meant no Skype/FaceTime calls to family back home.
Staff/Management: With the exception of the one lackadaisical response mentioned above from the front desk, the staff were very pleasant and very accommodating of my basic French. A waiter in the hotel bar was exceptionally friendly and added greatly to the charm of a group get-together one evening.
Overall: I've traveled extensively and am pretty laid back when it comes to hotels. Good location, clean, reliable wifi, helpful staff and I'm a happy guest. That being said, I'd be hard pressed to return to this hotel, even for something at the Congress Centre in the future. I've had great experiences at Hilton properties recently (Denver, Pittsburgh) that weren't matched here. Although the price was reasonable and it was perfectly situated, the cleanliness of my room and the terrible wifi would make me look elsewhere next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star getaway in the heart of all major events! Choose the Hilton Quebec City and explore the charm of Canada's oldest city. The hotel is just a 20-minute drive from the airport and five minutes from the train station. Located on Parliament Hill, just steps from Old Quebec and the main tourist attractions, the Hilton Québec is renowned for its impeccable service and exceptional location. Each of the 571 rooms offers spectacular views of the city. Executive rooms offer exclusive access to the superb Executive Lounge including complimentary continental breakfast in the morning, hors d'oeuvres and non-alcoholic beverages in the evening. With the heated outdoor swimming pool open all year round, the 24-hour fitness center, the Allegro restaurant and bar or the buffet of local products with panoramic views at Resto Le23, Hilton Québec has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec City
- Hilton Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec Quebec City