We have spent one night at Hilton Québec in March,
We reside in the Quebec area and most of the time we use Hilton when traveling overseas so we wanted to see the difference for ourselves.
The hotel is very well located, within a short walking distance from the old Quebec city, where you can choose from several restaurant to have diner, there is several bar, and a lot more.
The hotel parking underground is a bit complicated and we did not like it. But this is not a big deal.
Being French myself I have notice that there is no problem for the staff to speak whether French or English,
We had a room on the executive floor with parliament view, the room was clean as expected.
Check in and Check out was fast, very polite and friendly staff. As well as all the staff from this hotel.
We did not have diner on site but we took a look at their menu, which had a lot of choice to choose from.
The executive room upgrade is worth the extra money, you have access to the executive club, the only bad thing about the executive club in Quebec is you have to pay for beer and wine, they are not free.
But since we do not drink alcohol we had coffee, hot chocolate, they also have juice but during the afternoon snack, but I think you should provide drinks anytime during the club opening hours.
The afternoon snack was divided in two part the earlier part from 5pm to 7 pm where you can have snack, they had sea food with rice, several cheese, which were very good and well cooked, but I found there was not enough variety. and the second part was a little bit later around 8pm for the desert which was very good.
We have a special thanks to make to Anne-Marie Clement from the Executive floor Concierge, She is the kind of employee every business should have, she was smiling all the time making jokes, and you can see she enjoy what she does, a very nice attitude and personality with everyone, WOW she should be upgraded to supervisor and teach everyone about customer service.
The executive club has a very nice view over the area. The following morning we just had a coffee to go but the continental breakfast had a lot of choice to choose from and seem very attractive.
The gym is a little small and updated, but we only wanted to try the outdoor swimming pool, it was a nice experience to swim when its 25 below zero outside.
The lobby area
the sitting area in front of the front desk should be move away and replace with seat and small table for privacy and to keep the hallway clear.
Tips for travellers if it’s your first time in Québec, you should have diner in the old Quebec city especially in the summer. You will have a memorable experience.
Do not hesitate get an upgraded room on the executive floor with a nice view. The staff will make everything as possible to please you.
Shopping center are located about 15 minutes’ drive from the hotel.
Overall it was excellent stay, but compare to other Hilton we have stayed in the past and I have rated 5 I can only give a 4. But the location, price, and staffs, place this hotel at the top place to stay if you have to visit Quebec city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star getaway in the heart of all major events! Choose the Hilton Quebec City and explore the charm of Canada's oldest city. The hotel is just a 20-minute drive from the airport and five minutes from the train station. Located on Parliament Hill, just steps from Old Quebec and the main tourist attractions, the Hilton Québec is renowned for its impeccable service and exceptional location. Each of the 571 rooms offers spectacular views of the city. Executive rooms offer exclusive access to the superb Executive Lounge including complimentary continental breakfast in the morning, hors d'oeuvres and non-alcoholic beverages in the evening. With the heated outdoor swimming pool open all year round, the 24-hour fitness center, the Allegro restaurant and bar or the buffet of local products with panoramic views at Resto Le23, Hilton Québec has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec City
- Hilton Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec Quebec City