I stayed at the Hilton as part of a conference package and at the end wished I hadn't. I have stayed in a number of Hiltons in various countries and this was the worst, though I wouldn't say it was terrible in the rating just majorly disappointing to the point if I get back to Quebec I won't be staying there again.
At check-in the person I shared a taxi with was greeted by the receptionist as an old friend - "I've put you on the 18th floor with a view of the old city as you are staying for 8 days". I was staying for 8 days too but got a view of the swimming pool from the 5th floor. I was already a member of their Hilton Honors program whereas the other person had to sign up.
I booked in June and requested a King at the time but was told at check in that they only had double doubles available- apparently they can't allocate rooms when they are booked well in advance.
The bed was really comfortable but the floor in the bathroom could have been cleaned as it seemed to stick to your feet as you walked on it. The coffee maker was a safety hazard as at the end of the brew time it actually finished dispensing the water (now hot) by spitting out of the brew basket - if you were standing close or getting the mug out you got covered in hot water. Be really careful of the coffee maker. I asked for a new coffee maker and got one but it did it too.
The fully stocked mini-bar was in fact an empty fridge.
All local calls were $1 for connection with another charge for time over a minute - aren't local calls free in Canada? A definite scam by Hilton.
The business centre charged $30 an hour for the internet! Maybe the Quebec Hilton should talk to Manchester and London Heathrow (England) or Detroit Hiltons as none of them charge anything for access.
I saw on a previous review that people speaking English were not given good service but I spoke French and they all responded in English definitely not what I had wanted.
There was a note in the room saying that if you want to keep towels hang them up on the towel rail. Every time I did that they were replaced. The only time I was left with the towels was when I wrote a note saying to leave them and then it was only for the day I wrote the note.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star getaway in the heart of all major events! Choose the Hilton Quebec City and explore the charm of Canada's oldest city. The hotel is just a 20-minute drive from the airport and five minutes from the train station. Located on Parliament Hill, just steps from Old Quebec and the main tourist attractions, the Hilton Québec is renowned for its impeccable service and exceptional location. Each of the 571 rooms offers spectacular views of the city. Executive rooms offer exclusive access to the superb Executive Lounge including complimentary continental breakfast in the morning, hors d'oeuvres and non-alcoholic beverages in the evening. With the heated outdoor swimming pool open all year round, the 24-hour fitness center, the Allegro restaurant and bar or the buffet of local products with panoramic views at Resto Le23, Hilton Québec has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec City
- Hilton Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec Quebec City