“Great location”
Review of Hilton Quebec

Hilton Quebec
Ranked #34 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed one night with my friend during Easter this year. This hotel is right at gate of the old town. It is walking distance to everywhere. Front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel next time I visit Quebec city.

Room Tip: Get a high floor if you can, the view facing the old town is great!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lulu_mango
DanyThibault, General Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for your great review of the Hilton Quebec. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and will let our front desk team know they contributed to your one-of-a-kind experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,895)

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a fairly classy hotel in a great location, only a few minutes' walk from the walls of Vieux Quebec. You can also get a good view of different parts of the city, depending on where your room is located. From the tenth floor, we could see quite far.

The pool is outdoor, but heated nicely, and we had no problem swimming in it when the temperatures were only a few degrees above freezing. It is on the roof of the hotel at 3rd floor level. It was quite neat to swim out there at nighttime with the lights of the city behind you. They keep it open year round and people will swim out there in January, they say.

At the lobby level, there was a convenience store that sold snacks and also some benadryl, which was needed when we learned our son was allergic to the feather pillows and duvet. The staff quickly replaced both upon our request.

Parking is not cheap. You save a bit by not using the valet parking, and valet parking isn't really necessary. It is just a few minutes' walk to the parking garage, and you don't have to go outdoors to get to it.

1  Thank wsekem
DanyThibault, General Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We are happy you were pleased with our location, our pool and the helpfullness of our staff. Thank you again for the kind words. Make sure you tell us of your next visit so we can prepare the room in consequence of your son's allergy. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Service was excellent especially in the Executive Lounge. The Breakfast and the Hor's d'ouvres are not as good as they were 3 years ago. That was the only disappointment. This is my fifth stay at this hotel and definitely this is first choice/

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Louise K, thank you for your great comments. I will make sure to pass it on to our executive lounge collegues, they are an amazing team! As for the hors d'oeuvres, they are on a rotation, if you want to share with me what was on the menu that day, I will discuss it with our Chef Mario. We're glad to make changes to satisfy our guests. I hope to see you again soon at the Hilton Quebec.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Conference and sleep at the Hilton... Lucky me you say? ahhhh well that is after you find the place! To find the hotel is somewhat easy with my good GPS, but to find the parking and then to find the hotel from the parking is another story! But with much perseverance, I finally found the hotel and the conference!!!

Unfortunately... I don't want to share my personal life but I must to explain the situation... I had to go to the little lady's room. I say unfortunately because there was a long line of women and this is because the restroom downstairs was locked (although there is a sign that says it should be available). But even worst was that everytime the door would open or close it squeeked! Well, if you've ever attended a conference for Psychoeducators with 400 other women, you know how often the door will squeeke in about 7 minutes of wait!!!

Anyway, I don't know if I'm starting men-o-pause but I must say that it was colder in California on that day than in these conference rooms!!! Sometimes at conferences they offer water, but not in this hotel, no nothing offered except for chairs!

Finally the day ended and very sweaty, I went to my room that had a beautiful view. I was a bit disapointed when I discovered that I had to pay 10$ over the 200$ (room, parking and taxesss) if I wanted wi-fi. Cheapo as I am I didn't get wi-fi but went for a walk in Old-Québec which is beautiful and a few minutes walk from the hotel.

I came back and took a bath, they offered this really cool soap with little “bubbles” that they call massage soap! I had a great book and ended up reading for a long time before going to sleep with my ear plugs. However, I was woken up every few minutes from 12h to 1h30 by people talking loudly in the hallway. Really people... your parents haven't taught you to wisper in a hotel corridor??? Anyway, at 1h30 I called the desk and she explained that they cannot control people who talk in the lobby and asked exactly how loudly they were talking!!!! She then offered to send some ear plugs (which I already had, although I had taken them out to talk on the phone!!). She offered a change of room which I declined at 1h30 in the morning. Finally, she did say that she would send security and only one more really loud couple talked in the lobby after 1h30! She was really nice about the whole thing and did try to find a solution.

Little details I know, but I felt disapointed... My little classy stay at the Hilton was really a very average stay in a classy setting!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank val_biss

Thank you for commenting on your past stay. I truly appreciate your feedback as we constantly work to improve our on-property experience. I am sorry to hear that you feel your stay was not as classy as it should've been at the Hilton Quebec. And it should have been! It is true that the parking lot is not as easy to find as if it was located directly on our property. Since it is our neighbor's, Place Québec, parking lot, it is located in their building which is just next door from us but that means a short walk and elevator ride. As for the Internet service, please know that it is offered complimentary in all public areas of the hotel. I'm glad to hear that after reporting the noise on your floor at that time of the night, our security agent went by and monitored the floor, unfortunately, we cannot constantly control the corridors and the guests who enjoy themselves too much. I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at the Hilton Quebec and please don't hesitate to contact me for a further stay. Sincerely.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

When we arrived at the hotel we were told a room was ready but if we wanted the upgrade we had requested we would have to wait 45mins. We had booked the executive lounge so we went up there and would wait the 45 mins.
Anyway long story short 2.5 hrs later got the room and then just had to wait for cases!!!!!!! If we hadnt chased reception twice we would probably still be sat in exec lounge!!!!!
I have written a 5 page complaint to the general manager but to date silence.
we did have a suite which had a lovely view of the stunning city. Only issues were flush on loo got stuck down and ac in bedroom had to be switched off to get any sleep!
Sunday night and monday morning we had to have canapes and breakfast downstairs - not good. No View canapes was a plate of 3 bits of meet on bread with salad and mustard dressings yuk although breakfast had more choice the fresh fruit bar had TINNED pineapple, pears and peaches come on Hilton that is a rubbish effort.
The hotel was well placed for site seeing and as i said before if you get a room high up the view is lovely (which is why you pay extra for exec lounge to relax and eat up there not on windowless ground floor lobby!!!!)
We only had 3 nights at quebec and spending 2 and half hours stuck in the exec lounge looking at what we wanted to explore was not a good start.
If I hear from the Hilton Quebec I will let you know but guys I'm not holding my breath :)

Room Tip: suite on 22nd floor good
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank janenevill
DanyThibault, General Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your past stay. I must say that I was troubled by your review as well as your letter. This is really not the type of comment I enjoy reading. Especially when I know the high level of service that our hotel usually offers. I do take your comments very seriously and will send you a private message with the e-mail address you provided in your letter in order to have your input regarding this situation. Your comments will allow us to improve and maintain our high standards of quality, both in service and accommodation.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We spent the Easter weekend at the Hilton Quebec as our base to explore old Quebec. We choose this property from the previous reviews and used Hilton points to upgrade to the executive floor with access to the lounge.
The hotel is an excellent place from which to explore the area as everything you want to see, eat and hear is within walking distance. Our room on the 22nd floor was clean, comfortable and had a stunning view of the old city, the St. Lawrence River and the country beyond. Even though the hotel was very busy over the weekend, the floor was mainly quiet and we had a very restful sleep (the constant walking also helped). Access to the lounge is worth the price for the views alone. There was a nice selection of hot and cold breakfast items in the morning and the coffee was very good. The selection of items did not change during the four days we were there but the quality of what is offered is very good. We tried out the evening snacks too. There was something different each night and again the quality was there. Beer and wine are available for purchase and it is expensive at $5 for a small glass of wine. M. Perez looked after us very well and he and his staff did a great job of providing service, an orientation of the city and what to see and making us feel very welcome at their hotel and in their city.
We tried the pool and the fitness equipment. Both were fine although it was a bit too busy for our liking but given the holiday weekend, not surprising.
All the staff we met were very friendly and provided cheerful service in English or French, the room had very nice amenities and the water was either piping hot or freezing cold never lukewarm and the overall experience was, we thought, good value for what we spent.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the executive floor if you can, it's well worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
DanyThibault, General Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Gabriel, our Executive Club concierge, know that he helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have spent one night at Hilton Québec in March,
We reside in the Quebec area and most of the time we use Hilton when traveling overseas so we wanted to see the difference for ourselves.
The hotel is very well located, within a short walking distance from the old Quebec city, where you can choose from several restaurant to have diner, there is several bar, and a lot more.
The hotel parking underground is a bit complicated and we did not like it. But this is not a big deal.

The staff
Being French myself I have notice that there is no problem for the staff to speak whether French or English,
We had a room on the executive floor with parliament view, the room was clean as expected.
Check in and Check out was fast, very polite and friendly staff. As well as all the staff from this hotel.
We did not have diner on site but we took a look at their menu, which had a lot of choice to choose from.

Executive room
The executive room upgrade is worth the extra money, you have access to the executive club, the only bad thing about the executive club in Quebec is you have to pay for beer and wine, they are not free.
But since we do not drink alcohol we had coffee, hot chocolate, they also have juice but during the afternoon snack, but I think you should provide drinks anytime during the club opening hours.
The afternoon snack was divided in two part the earlier part from 5pm to 7 pm where you can have snack, they had sea food with rice, several cheese, which were very good and well cooked, but I found there was not enough variety. and the second part was a little bit later around 8pm for the desert which was very good.
We have a special thanks to make to Anne-Marie Clement from the Executive floor Concierge, She is the kind of employee every business should have, she was smiling all the time making jokes, and you can see she enjoy what she does, a very nice attitude and personality with everyone, WOW she should be upgraded to supervisor and teach everyone about customer service.
The executive club has a very nice view over the area. The following morning we just had a coffee to go but the continental breakfast had a lot of choice to choose from and seem very attractive.

Fitness facilities
The gym is a little small and updated, but we only wanted to try the outdoor swimming pool, it was a nice experience to swim when its 25 below zero outside.

The lobby area
the sitting area in front of the front desk should be move away and replace with seat and small table for privacy and to keep the hallway clear.

Tips for travellers if it’s your first time in Québec, you should have diner in the old Quebec city especially in the summer. You will have a memorable experience.
Do not hesitate get an upgraded room on the executive floor with a nice view. The staff will make everything as possible to please you.
Shopping center are located about 15 minutes’ drive from the hotel.

Overall it was excellent stay, but compare to other Hilton we have stayed in the past and I have rated 5 I can only give a 4. But the location, price, and staffs, place this hotel at the top place to stay if you have to visit Quebec city.

Room Tip: do not hesitate to upgrade your room on the executive floor with a nice view parliament view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. We are glad to know that you almost always choose Hiltons as your primary hotel destination when you travel across the world. Your support is extremely motivating, it means a lot to us to hear from satisfied customers and it makes us strive to always do better. It is great to know that locals take the time to visit the Hilton in their own city as tourists do! I will make sure that Anne-Marie gets all the credit for giving you a great performance on your stay, she loves her job and it shows! We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again even though we are almost neighbors!