I stayed at the Hilton Québec City for two days in February while I was attending a conference at the hotel. It is a perfectly acceptable place to stay in a great location just outside the walls of the old city.
I arrived on a Sunday night and check-in was quick and easy. Ordered room service, which came quickly. The room service menu is not extensive or varied but what I ended up ordering was tasty. They did not offer very many healthy options. The room was fine, large enough with all the modern amenities. I had a king bed but my one complaint was that it wasn't very comfortable... I guess I've come to expect pillow-top mattresses at most mid to high end business hotels.
The conference facilities were excellent and the food was pretty good throughout the two days. Again, they could ad in some healthier options for snacks at break time. I was surprised that they didn't offer free internet service at their business centre.
The location is fantastic: right next to the Parliament buildings and near the Citadel/Plains of Abraham, and about a three-minute walk from the old city. I walked to the Petit Champlain district in about 15 minutes.
Overall this was a fine experience, but Québec City has so many beautiful boutique hotels and charming B&Bs, and I would recommend staying at one of these if you are travelling here on vacation. The Hilton is pretty charmless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star getaway in the heart of all major events! Choose the Hilton Quebec City and explore the charm of Canada's oldest city. The hotel is just a 20-minute drive from the airport and five minutes from the train station. Located on Parliament Hill, just steps from Old Quebec and the main tourist attractions, the Hilton Québec is renowned for its impeccable service and exceptional location. Each of the 571 rooms offers spectacular views of the city. Executive rooms offer exclusive access to the superb Executive Lounge including complimentary continental breakfast in the morning, hors d'oeuvres and non-alcoholic beverages in the evening. With the heated outdoor swimming pool open all year round, the 24-hour fitness center, the Allegro restaurant and bar or the buffet of local products with panoramic views at Resto Le23, Hilton Québec has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec City
- Hilton Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec Quebec City