I stayed at the Hilton Quebec April 15th to 21st for a conference. The hotel is nicely connected to the convention center by going down the escalators which was great since the weather outside was not nice.
I had room 1310 which is a smoking room and it was not renovated but it was still very nice. Some items were updated in the room but not everything. The room looks out over old town and had a great view but with a main road right below it was noisy during the day. I arrived in Quebec with a bad cold and no sleep the previous night and had a hard time taking a mid-day nap. They had a great duvet which helped warm me up because I could never seem to get the room really warm no matter how I adjusted the thermostat. One night I didn’t keep the heat or fan running and I woke up really stuffy so each night I kept it running on low.
When the doors opened on 13 you could tell it was a smoking floor. The smell of smoke was very strong. I’ve been to hotels where you cannot smell the smoke on smoking floors but this isn’t one of them. The annoying part about this is that the maids spray very cheap air freshener like Glad every day. An air freshener is great but spend an extra buck and get some Fabreez or something. I don’t have asthma but walking around the floor after they sprayed that stuff made me feel like I was having an asthma attack.
The rooms have old mini bars that are simply empty now. Some work and keep your stuff sort of cold others just don’t work. Renting a fridge that works will cost you $15 per night. There were some American channels on the TV but nothing I wanted to watch except hockey.
I opted for the executive level which got me access to the club lounge which included free internet in the club lounge, continental breakfast and snacks from 5 to 7. Plus you could usually get hot tea and coffee all day. The view is amazing and worth it. It cost me a $28 per night upgrade but since internet in the room was $12+ per night it was a good deal for me. When you check in some will offer you the upgrade and some won’t. You may need to ask.
The staff was really nice and they really took care of us. English wasn’t an issue within the hotel. We booked our city tour at the hotel desk per the recommendation of the tour company and they were really helpful and the price was the same.
The housekeeping staff does not speak English so if you need something call downstairs. There is a single cup coffee maker in the room. Actually you can make two cups but it is that type of machine.
Friday night they have a seafood buffet that includes lobster at $69 per person. Not sure I got my money’s worth except that food is expensive everywhere in Quebec City. If you want your lobster grilled you need to ask the waiter but they have boiled lobsters on the buffet. They did have crab legs served hot but no melted butter with them. They give you melted garlic butter with the grilled lobster but it was too strong for me and I asked for plain melted butter. The other seafood on the buffet was ok but nothing I really thought was outstanding. The desserts were good especially the raspberry moose. Raspberry seems to be a specialty there and the raspberry gelato at Tutto Gelato down on St. Jean Street is out of this world.
Cab fare from the airport was $32.50.
If I returned to Quebec City this is the hotel I would book again but I don’t think I would return except on business and I would hope it would be when it was warmer and not raining and snowing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Offering Free WiFi!Choose the Hilton Quebec and explore the charm of Canada's oldest city. The hotels is just a 20-minute drive to Quebec International Airport and five minutes from the train and bus stations. Located steps from the cities top attractions and festivals. Close to the city's government and business attractions. Visit the Old Town to take in Quebec's culture and historical significance. Retire to a spacious guest room with free WiFi with gorgeous views of the St. Lawrence River and Old Quebec. Executive rooms provide exclusive access to the stunning Executive Lounge with complimentary continental breakfast in the morning and hors d'oeuvres and drinks in the evening. Work out in our modern fitness center, swim laps in the heated outdoor pool or enjoy a meal at the Allegro Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec City
- Hilton Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec Quebec City