“Very poor quality, but cheap and close to main sightseengs”

Hotel Motel Le Chateauguay
Ranked #64 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Toronto, Canada
“Very poor quality, but cheap and close to main sightseengs”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

When having registered for this hotel, I mentioned that I needed a room for 2 adults and a 3 y.o. child. I got an e-mail confirmation of the price and conditions, but when checking in, I was told I had to pay extra for a child's mattress. I showed them the confirmation e-mail with all of the conditions, but they insisted on extra payment anyway. I refused since I had a mattress with me.

The room was a very-very small (like a prison cell) even for 2 people, so for 2 people with a child it was a disaster. There was no soap or anything else in the bathroom. Next morning I asked at the reception about the soap and they said okay, the soup would be in the bathroom. But when I came in the evening, there was no soap again. The garbage bin remained full and nobody cleaned it up.

Our neighbors next door woke up around 6 am and I could not sleep since then. I heard every singe word they talked to each other and every movement they made The walls were very thin and there were no noise isolation at all. Breakfast was a very cheap (the cheapest bread "No Name", milk, muffins, cereals and the juice). There was an on-site gym, but again the room was so small that to train there would be dangerous (I didn't see anyone there).

It was the cheapest hotel I found, but it would be much better to pay 20-30 dollars more for a better one. The only good thing was the hotel's location.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel ever.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank melifaro81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

4 of us took a road trip to Quebec city from Brampton. We booked a room for one night at le chateauguay. When we arrived at the motel hotel we were immediately greeted with friendly staff who accommodated us with excellent customer service. Hotel was very clean, bright and spacious with 3 beds in one room. Our breakfast at the hotel was excellent with a variety of choices. A special thank you to Charles for your wonderful hospitality. We appreciate your sincere kindness. From Maria, Marci, Loretta and Diane.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Godisamore
Georgetown, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2012

After viewing Motel Hotel Le Chateauguay on the internet we set fourth on our journey to Quebec City. We finally arrived and it was well worth the drive. We were greeted with friendly staff and the customer service was incredible. The room was very spacious, clean and bright with 3 beds...Pool and hotub was very clean and relaxing. Breakfast was wholesome with a selection of juices, coffee, tea, toast, cereals and muffins...Overall our experience was great! Again thankyou Charles for your unforgetable hospitality....We'll be back again...Maria, Marci, Loretta, Diane from Toronto

Room Tip: Be very specific
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maria G
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2012

It's a late check-in and arriving late from Montreal. Found this hotel motel, expecting the unexpected. The Motel is Quiet that night (t'was Sunday, July 2) we stay at room #3, it was clean, kind of spacious for us a couple and two kids (5 & 4) with two beds. Parking in front of your door, feeling safe. The Staff are friendly. The place is excellent, minutes in the falls and in the quebec city. Good price for the room with Breakfast. I recommend this for everybody. Sure we'll stay again when we go back Quebec City.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TAGURO
Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Expected much more even for the price. Room was very small like a prison cell, so you can stay there only to wash yourself and sleep. They often accept large bunch of young tourists, so they were very noisy and litter trash everywhere. The carpet of our room was cleaned 2 hours ago and it was wet and humid, enough that we had to keep our shoes and lift luggages and they hadn't another room for us. Cleanlliness was very average, decoration was outdate. Internet acess isn't free and it's was very slow even if I paid for it.

Good things : Staff was very good, continental breakfast was also good, the location is perfect it's near chutes Montmorency and Québec city downtown, under 5 minutes of driving. They also have a nice swimming pool!

If I go back to Québec, I will try something else for sure. Maybe it was a kind of hazard falling just on us this night but It wasn't very funny.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank belettte

Travellers are raving about these Quebec City hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This "hotel" is NOTHING like its pictures or advertising. A grubby, rundown, cheap hole in a rundown area. The "spa" appears to be an old pool. The room STUNK. It was not clean. The walls were paper-thin. I would not trust the locks. It looked, frankly, like a place one either rents by the hour, or one in which people get murdered and there are pictures of the scene in the newspaper the next day. I did NOT stay here, I took one look and ran for the nearest ANYWHERE else.

Room Tip: Run. Far far away.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Allison123456789
hotelchateauguay, Propriétaire at Hotel Motel Le Chateauguay, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Let me tell you that the photos placed on this website are exactly that of our Hotel and it was taken a year ago by a photographer, our hotel is a familly Hotel and we are making improvements every year, it is Yes the rooms with a bed are smaller. Our mission is to have a Hotel clean and provide good service to our customer. If you expected to have the luxury of a 5 star hotel you do not book at the right place, we are 3 star and we can not afford to give us the luxury of a 5 stars. The price of our rooms is in proportion to a 3 star.