“Nickel and dimed to death on this one...”

Hotel Motel Le Chateauguay
Ranked #64 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We picked this motel because of the price, that was good.However, it went downhill from there.. i was excited to see a Keurig coffee maker in the lobby since I really enjoy my afternoon and morning coffee. I should have known, $2.00 per cup! Really!!
If you need wifi, it is $5.00 per day.. PER DEVICE, and it only worked some of the time. We slept poorly because of the noise from tour buses whose back-up beeping woke us up every morning and sometimes in the middle of the night. There is a coffee maker in the room, however, you only get a coffee pack the very first day. In retrospect, the low price really was not worth the aggravation. The attendant at the front office told us that it would take us 1 1/2 hours to get into the city if we chose to take the bus... Well, we ignored him, drove 5 minutes to the stop in Beauport, purchsed a $7.65 unlimited day pass and proceeded to see the whole city by bus, getting off when we wanted to, ate, and back on the bus. That was far cheaper than paying for all that expensive parking in the city, if you are lucky enough to find a parking spot. Finding a motel in that part of the city is recommended, just find another motel.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ute A

Reviewed 15 June 2013

spent 3 nights & 4 days here at le Chateauguay...2 of us..room had one comfortable bed..a brand new bathroom ..fridge.micro...everything we needed...an indoor pool that was heated and clean...the breakfast..fresh fruit...toast ..muffins...all sorts of jams..coffee..couldn't be better..the motel was decorated with beautiful pink hanging baskets everywhere..nice touch..but most of all the place was clean..and the employees couldn't be more helpful.. we highly recommend this cute motel..and will certainly return in the fall...

Room Tip: we chose a room with one bed ...but the other rooms were much larger..ask for a downstairs room.. th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Bathroom is small but bedroom is adquate.
Air condition was working well.
Not many restaurant around and need to drive at least 5 minutes to find good restaurants.
Room rate was good,
Breakfast was fine with me.
Recommended for budget travellers.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shigeru1
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Reception staff was very friendly and willing to help to ensure your stay is good and memorable one. It was a pleasure to stay there and very close to the city centre and all the main touristic destination

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 22 September 2012

It has all the criteria and amenities you would look for a reasonably good hotel, yet for a surprisingly cheap price. Room was spacious, clean and quiet. It's located within 7min drive to Quebec City, and even closer to the falls.
I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ming H
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We booked this place for convenience and I was dreading it a little, not being a fan of motels. However, upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised. The place was very clean and family-friendly. I just wish I had known that they had an indoor pool beforehand, because I would have brought my bathing suit for sure! I recommend this place if you need a reliable place to rest your head. Great deal!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MissGeorgiana
Reviewed 9 August 2012

When having registered for this hotel, I mentioned that I needed a room for 2 adults and a 3 y.o. child. I got an e-mail confirmation of the price and conditions, but when checking in, I was told I had to pay extra for a child's mattress. I showed them the confirmation e-mail with all of the conditions, but they insisted on extra payment anyway. I refused since I had a mattress with me.

The room was a very-very small (like a prison cell) even for 2 people, so for 2 people with a child it was a disaster. There was no soap or anything else in the bathroom. Next morning I asked at the reception about the soap and they said okay, the soup would be in the bathroom. But when I came in the evening, there was no soap again. The garbage bin remained full and nobody cleaned it up.

Our neighbors next door woke up around 6 am and I could not sleep since then. I heard every singe word they talked to each other and every movement they made The walls were very thin and there were no noise isolation at all. Breakfast was a very cheap (the cheapest bread "No Name", milk, muffins, cereals and the juice). There was an on-site gym, but again the room was so small that to train there would be dangerous (I didn't see anyone there).

It was the cheapest hotel I found, but it would be much better to pay 20-30 dollars more for a better one. The only good thing was the hotel's location.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel ever.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family