Hotel Le Priori
US$397
US$367
  • Restaurant
Le Manoir d'Auteuil(Quebec City)
US$216
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
US$230
US$203
  • Restaurant
Auberge Aux Deux Lions(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$137
Hotel 71(Quebec City)
US$339
US$313
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sepia(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$148
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$204
Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$126
US$508
US$494
1,221 results
All reviewslower townjunior suiteold quebecbottle of champagneboutique hotelart galleriessliding doorstandard roomplace royalecroissantsregular roomold buildingthe hotel staffbreakfast was includedfront desk staffnespresso machinestone walls
Reviewed 1 August 2013

While it isn't cheap, they offer a perfect location in an upscale area of Q city, but also a little away from the majority of the crowds(which are in the upper part of the city). We paid extra for a larger room and would recommend you doing the same. The regular rooms seem rather small. I found the breakfast to be more than adequate. Most items were good, except the eggs were qutie ruunny on all three mornings we were there. All the women who work at the front desk were helpful. They work very hard but always have smiles on their faces.
While I would recommend the hotel, and would possibly stay again(even though there are a few other good ones within a few blocks), there are some things I had issue with.
1.As others have stated, the sink in the bedroom concept seemed odd to me. It was also inconvienient because there was no shelving next to the sink where one could put their toiletries.
2. There was a guy cleaning the outside windows to our 5th story room at 8 am. Seems a little early if you ask me.
3. The lighting in the room was downright awful. To be honest it had the worst lighting of any decent hotel I have stayed at. I don't think it would take much of an investment for the hotel to improve the lighting.
4. For the price we paid I thought the furniture, and furnishings should have been of a higher quality than IKEA.

In conclusion, I would probably stay here again if the price was right, but I would also look at other places. The staff and location are what make this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that gets lots of natural light.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Erwan F, General Manager at Hotel Le Priori, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Mr. Levitt,

Thank you very much for posting our 300th review on Trip Advisor!

I am glad to read you have appreciated our hospitality and our location. As you kindly mention it, the Old Port is definitely an ideal base to explore our beautiful city! The Lower Town is indeed much more quiet than the Upper Town in summer.

As our hotel has been classified as a historic building and has 30 inches thick stonewalls, we did our best to optimize the size of our rooms with these legal and technical restrictions. We always think about ideas to improve storage spaces. We have installed a set mirror with storage on each side so our customers can place their toiletries.

I am a bit surprised you found our hotel pricy. We do receive a lot of positive feedbacks on the value for the money our guests have. We do work hard to provide competitive rates and our breakfast buffet is offered all year long. Your comments about the eggs have been passed on to the morning Chef.

Please receive our apologies for the inconvenience caused by the window cleaners. We kindly asked them to clean our windows around 11:00am and they showed up at 7:00am. I will make sure to get us scheduled in the afternoon to avoid this situation in the future.

Your feedback about our lighting has been passed on to our owners. We invested in LED technology to offer a greener environment to our guests this fall.

While we have nothing against the Swedish brand you mention, we do not work with them or their equivalent. I do not think their products would fit in our boutique hotel or last two seasons. Our furniture comes from Italy or is especially made for us by recognised craftsmen from our province. We are very proud to use quality products from our region.

Your kind words about our Front Desk staff are very appreciated and have been passed on to the team!

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I had chosen this hotel because of the great reviews on TripAdvisor. However,the location was not well indicated and I did NOT realise it was outside the Old Québec wall and in the lower side of Old Québec. This means it is a little trek to get to the upper more popular area of sightseeing and area for restaurants.

However, the hotel itself is quite nice! It has a contemporary decor with a restaurant (Le Toast) attached to it.

Best feature: Great breakfast included with price of hotel.
Positives: large room, quiet, insulated windows, we had a small view of the river.

Negatives: Not on upper Old Québec

It did though allow us to visit the lower part of Old Québec and in the end, since we had already seen the upper Old Québec during other trips, the location ended-up being fine for us. There are several nice stores with art works, clothes boutiques, and some restaurants as well. Not far there is a square area (Place Royale) not far with a Church that is SO charming with a nice Italian restaurant (casual fair) called La Pizz.

A note on the hotel's restaurant Le Toast:
It is VERY expensive but we ate there once. The food is amazing, BUT the portions are small. I really thought that for $43 my husband's steak was quite miniscule! Though it was the tastiest steak I've ever had! But I wouldn't go again....the appetisers were extra! There are many other restaurants in Old Québec that you can have a delicious meal withou paying $43 just for the main dish + appetiser+ wine+ taxes+ tip!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Erwan F, General Manager at Hotel Le Priori, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Isabel2706,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor!

I am sorry to read you did not enjoy our location. We try to be very specific on our beautiful Old Port location on our official website and on Trip Advisor. Although we are not located in the Upper Town, our main building is part of the Historic District of the Old Québec and therefore of the World Heritage List of Unesco.

Being in the Old Port is always enjoyable during events in the Upper Town: we are a stone’s throw from the action but in a quiet area of the Old City. We are very lucky to have as well wonderful gourmet restaurants and art galleries. Place Royale is also very close, it can be even seen from our Junior Suite with Spa.

Thank you for your nice comments about our complimentary breakfast buffet. We believe it is important to start the day with a great meal! I am glad to read you have enjoyed our regular rooms.

Toast! restaurant has changed its menu last Thursday. For more information, you can visit their official website.

We thank you very much for your feedback,

Reviewed 20 July 2013

First of all, great location. A short block from the Museum of Civilization, as well as the steps up to the Frontenac.

Really friendly service on check-in. Lovely staff who spoke English, helped my husband with the parking (it's in an outdoor lot two short blocks away across the street from the Museum; they give you a key card for it, which you pay for). When we were scrambling to park, they brought my bags up to the room.

Our room overlooked the courtyard on the third floor, which was set up for the restaurant (Toast). It was a tiny bit noisy at around 9:30 but only because there was a rowdy birthday party at the restaurant. But it was generally lovely, and the courtyard was covered but surrounded by trees.

Plenty of great eating options nearby. One was on the same street about a block away - Bistro something.

The room was not huge, but an OK size. Free wifi Internet worked fine. Gorgeous decor; exposed brick walls and a modern sink were in the main part. Beds were comfy. The bath part was a stand-up modern shower and toilet. The shower was amazing - you'll see what I mean.

My only significant complaint was the light to the toilet/shower part had a very noisy fan which couldn't be turned off without turning off the light (necessary because the bath was interior). I actually brought a small light in late at night so I could avoid waking my husband!

1  Thank pezworld
Erwan F, General Manager at Hotel Le Priori, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Pezworld,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor!

We are very happy to read you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Le Priori and our convenient location in the heart of the Old Port of Québec City! We are very lucky to have a lot of great dining options nearby, from the gourmet sandwiches to the Relais et Chateau restaurant!

Thank you for your nice feedback about our staff! We are all dedicated to offer a great experience to our guests.

Toast! restaurant can be sometimes animated during summer nights. That is why we invested in a very quiet air conditioning system so our guests can sleep in peace with the desired temperature. Our double paned windows are also effective to isolate the room.

We are thinking about how we could improve this part of our property to make it even more enjoyable and your feedback about the fan is very appreciated.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We were finishing up a 2 week vacation and what a way to end. For 2 nights we were treated like royalty at this beautiful hotel. Conveniently located just outside the walled Quebec, but within walking distance of everything. It is a uniquely decorated and funky hotel that perfectly combines old with new. The rooms were well appointed with very comfortable beds, great linens and high end toiletries. Robes, iron, water, also in the room. Very nice. We were on the third floor directly above the entrance with a great view to the river (or in port cruise ship) Although a busy thoroughfare, it is mostly pedestrian and we found it very quiet. The staff were all exceptional, making us feel welcome and truly valued guests. Kimberly, offered great advise on where to dine and what to see. Cold water or hot coffee was always available in the lobby. Breakfast (included with room price) was really good. Large buffet with many choices, all fresh. This was a finale not to be forgotten thanks to this Hotel. We will definitely be staying here again!

2  Thank ATRT
Erwan F, General Manager at Hotel Le Priori, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear ATRT,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!

We are very proud to read you have enjoyed the end of your vacation with us! Thank you so much for your nice comments about our entire staff: we are all dedicated to offer to our guests an exceptional stay in our beautiful city!

Our location is hard to beat! The Basse Ville is a destination in itself and is the perfect base to discover Québec City! Thank you for your feedback on our complimentary breakfast buffet. It is important for us that our guests enjoy a great breakfast to start the day!

We will be definitely happy to welcome you back!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during the last week of June. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was fantastic. My wife loved the bread pudding (pain perdu). We were assigned, by luck, room 41, which is a bit special. The room has a lot of character with rehabilitated brick and two nice windows. It overlooks the courtyard and restaurant but the heavy curtains are sufficient to cover the little noise if you need to sleep early. The most remarkable item, however, is that it happens to have a 8 1/2" Tempur-pedic Rhapsody bed, prob. a 2010-11 model. My wife and I slept deep and felt rested despite the heavy amount of trekking that we did going up and down the hill. We also took the one day tour to the city (half-day) and the east country (half-day). Honestly, the city part is better explored by foot. We even had done the fields by trekking up the boardwalk (about a 20 min hike -for river view stops- and 350 steps or so). Restaurant is "tapas" type, and one of the best in the city. Very nice ambience and relatively quiet, allowing conversation over wine and extraordinary good food. If we come back again, I will rebook this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 41 has tempur-pedic bed
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank businesstravlr
Erwan F, General Manager at Hotel Le Priori, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear businesstrvl,

Thank you very much for sharing your stay with the Trip Advisor's community!

We are very happy to read you enjoyed your stay in one of our spacious rooms. Our main building is really interesting as it has been built in the 18th century and floors were added in the following centuries. This gives to every standard and spacious room a unique character as every room has a different stones/brick wall.

Thank you for highlighting the quality of our complimentary breakfast buffet. Your very kind words about our staff are very appreciated and I will happily pass them to our team.

Your glowing review of Toast! restaurant will be passed on to their team and I am sure they will be very happy to receive such compliments!

We will be delighted to welcome you again!