“Charming little hotel with great people”
Review of Hotel Le Priori

Hotel Le Priori
Ranked #6 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Montréal
“Charming little hotel with great people”
Reviewed 11 March 2010

The people who work there are really welcoming. The persons at the front desk are sympathic and are always ready to assist you. The waiter in the breakfast room was fantastic and does his best to get you what you want.

The room I got was a bit small, which I dont really mind since I travel alone, but I would be worried if they gave me the same room if I travelled with my girlfriend.
The room is well decorated, with a touch of modernism, and the bed is comfortable. The floor is half stone / half carpet, and the ceelings are a bit low for my taste. Where I was a bit disappointed is with the bathroom. It is directly connected with the room, just beside the bed, doesnt have a door and has a really, i mean really, loud fan. Again, I traveled alone, so it didnt really bother me, but I kept thinking that it would have been a major downgrade if I travelled with my girlfriend.

The reservation comes with a breakfast. Usually, you will get an average breakfast in those deals, but in this case, you will get a marvelous breakfast. You can get almost whaterever you want, including a capuchino or a real expresso, and the fruits are really freshly cut!

All in all, the sleep is good, it is well insonorated and you will start your day invigorated with a great breakfast. The room was equiped with an lcd tv (with a strange system to open it), and free wifi access.

The location is also great - I would say it is better located for a romantic trip than for business trip, but I like to start the day by walking a good 10 min.

JS

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank JS_Side

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Ottawa
Reviewed 16 February 2010

We spent a birthday and valentine weekend at Le Priori- we loved the hotel. The location is fantastic- anywhere in the Chateau vicinity in 10 -15 mins. The room was comfortable and had a lot of character. Would definitely go back in summer.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Recently stayed here with my fiance.
The location can't be beat: on a small pedestrian street right next to everything. The Chateau Frontenac is a 10 minute walk up the hill. The Funiculaire and Place Royale are a 5-10 minute walk away where there are countless restaurants and souvenier shops. The St Lawrence River and the ferry to Levis is a 5 minute walk as is the Museum of civilization.

The interior of the hotel is very chic and modern. The lobby has a free laptop station to check email, surf the web, etc. The restaurant Toast is also off to the side. Very romantic restaurant- they also serve breakfast in the restaurant- the breakfast wasn't terrible but it could have been a little better. We stayed in the standard room which is a little smaller than typical hotel rooms but not so small you feel cramped. I would call it cozy. The room was nice and very well laid out. Ours had exposed brick, floor to ceiling windows facing the front of the hotel, with a flat creen tv, desk and closet. The bath had a stand up shower and toilet in a separate enclosed area- sort of small but functional. The stainless steel sink was located outside of the bathroom. Many may find this odd but having traveled extensivley to Europe- it was just like the hotels in Europe.

Didnt eat in the Restaurant Toast since it was a little pricey for us but I heard great reviews. The staff at the hotel was wonderful and accomodating. Upon check in I let them know I would be proposing to my girlfriend and was recommended a place to do it- on the ferry. Great choice since from the ferry at night you can see the entire city lit up- nice backdrop. She said yes by the way! I'd definitely stay here again. A special thank you to the staff!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bostonsworldtraveler
Burlington, VT
Reviewed 22 October 2009

My husband promised me a visit to Quebec City for my 40th birthday. 13! years later we finally made the trip from Burlington, VT. It was SOOO fabulous! The staff was attentive, spoke very clear english (without any attitude), the hotel and rooms were an eclectic mix of modern and very old (exposed brick) and very funky. The attached restaurant was "to die for!!" Being a "foodie" I pay attention to details, flavors and over-all enjoyment of food. This could be the best I've experienced. The other couple we went with was as adventurous and we were able to "share" from apps to desserts. The presentations were very creative, the flavors inventive and intense. Everything was wonderful! I just hope it's not another 50+ years before we go back.

Oh yeah, it was so convenient to everything we wanted. We parked the car for the weekend and walked...just like Europe! We felt transported without out the airfare!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chefsue
London, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2009

We stayed at Le Prior on Saturday, August 15 for our 25th Anniversary. We booked a standard room. Amazing boutique hotel with a gorgeous courtyard and Toast Restaurant. We paid $199 for the night, which included a buffet breakfast served in Toast Restaurant adjoining Le Priori. Great breakfast items with to die for pastries. My husband is not a "continental breakfast" type guy, but it fully satisfied him and he couldn't stop eating the fresh croissants which absolutely melted in your mouth. Little dipping pots to fill with jam made the croissants sinful.

The hotel is located on a pedestrian street in lower town. I could not get an accurate feel for where the hotel was located even though I scoured the internet. The maps made it look much further than it actually is. It is located right in the thick of lower town and very convenient jumping off point for the market and Port Royal, funicular etc.

To make the trip more affordable, we stayed 3 nights just outside of Quebec City, a ten minute drive and splurged on our last night. So glad we did.

Easy walk to the market at the port, free Cirque du Solieil show at the overpass, Image Mill. We did them all. Absolutely amazing! We took the ferry one night to Levis, didn't get off, just too nice to sit there and enjoy the summer's eve. Great pics of Chateau Frontenac from the ferrry at night.

We would highly recommend this hotel. We stayed on the third floor overlooking the front. No noise whatsoever. There are only 20 rooms, it was filled to capacity, but you would never know it.

Our room had a queen bed with leather head/footboard. Ten foot ceilings with 2 stone walls, very cool. Flat screen tv. The bathroom is small but ultra modern with glass shower and a beautiful showerhead with two more jets at calf height. The stainless steel cone sink is in the bedroom, not the bathroom. The mirror slides to reveal a hairblower, etc. Very modern looking but not too practical is there is no where to lay the blowdryer without fear of electrocution from the sink. Kind of odd but it all added to the "charm." They juxtaposed ancient with ultra modern and it really works well. Comfy bed and linens. Comfy tv chair. Modern swing-arm lamp bedside the bed. Large closet with housecoat.

We had the time of our life! Beautiful memories for our 25th! Thank you staff at Le Priorio. Special thanks to the girls on reception. I emailed the hotel a few times with loads of questions and they were prompt at answering my queries. No worries with speaking French, or out lack of speaking French, I should say. They let us check in early, our room was ready, but even if it is not ready, they let you check-in, unload your luggage and lock it up for you, give you your parking pass (which is $15 a day down at the end of the street at the waterfront) and you can start enjoying your day. Great pubs, restaurants and bistros close by.

Again, thank you Le Priori & Staff! PS: I am picky and don't impress too easily.....

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank luckytimer
Montreal
Reviewed 16 June 2009

We stayed at the Priori for a long weekend. We chose it because of it's location and the "look" of the rooms in the picture here and on their website. We got a deal because it wasn't high season yet, so we paid 169$ canadian a night, full breakfest included (regular price is just above 200$ I think...).

We booked the "spacieuse" room and it's a good thing we did, because I think a regular room would have been too small. The bed was supposed to be Tempur pedic but it was something similar, very comfortable but not quite what I expected. Our room had windows facing the back of the hotel, with a view on the courtyard and the suites in the building behind the hotel. Very quiet and confortable. The bathroom is a bit weird, the sink is IN the room, so is the claw foot tub (look nice but we didn't try it) and the shower and toilet are hidden behind a door. Not much wiggle room in there, but clean and functionnal.

Breakfest is served in hotel's restaurant, buffet style. There were eggs, sausages, croissants, bagels, cereal, fruits ... everything was very good, including the wait staff, very friendly.

Thay don't have parking at the hotel (it's located on a pedestrian only street) but they give you a magnetic card to park in the municipal parking about 2 minutes walk away. It's costs about 10$ for 24 hours, but you can go in and out as much as you want (the only time we did was to go to supper in the "new" part of Quebec city.

Everything you want to see in the old city (vielle ville) is in walking distance.

Overall good experience, would recommand it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tempbond
Montreal
Reviewed 18 April 2009

Well located on the lovely Sault-au-Matelot St in a historic building that's a pleasure to look at, close to Place Royal, Civilization Museum and St-Paul St which is lined with antique shops.

We stayed two nights in a standard double room on the 4th floor. The room was a good size and had two large windows facing the picturesque Sault-au-Matelot and St-Antoine streets.
Besides all the promised amenities, there was also a safe in the closet, an iron, ironing board, bathrobes and an umbrella.
The bathroom was small and separated from the room by a sliding door, there was no tub but the shower with side sprinklers was fun.
Part of the room that didn't have carpet had a cold floor and so did the bathroom so bring slippers.

The reception area opens to the charming "Toast!" restaurant which is where breakfast is served.
We had a few very good meals in the immediate area, I especially liked "l'Echaudé" (73 Sault-au-Matelot).

Stayed April 2009