“What a find!”

and 1 more site!
Manoir de L'Esplanade
Ranked #43 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 11 August 2007

Great little spot found on Trip Advisor - furnishings are simple but location is perfect within the old city walls, totally quiet which we didn't expect for the location and spotlessly clean. Ideal!

Stayed: August 2007
5  Thank Bedford2004

Reviewed 6 August 2007

We had a wonderful stay here at the L'Esplanade. The location is ideal right at the front gate entrance into the walls of quebec City. The hotel was within walking distance to everything from the Funiculaire to the Citadel. We felt very at home in our spacious room with a wonderful view of the front gate. The owners of the hotel were very friendly. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here while visiting Quebec City.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank gapolo1
Reviewed 19 July 2007

From the time we checked in, to the time we left, this lovely hotel made our trip to Quebec City perfect. The owners are very kind, friendly and accomodating. The breakfast was ample and the rooms were meticulous, with old-charm and character. The price was also reasonable, but the main feature is definitely the location. You are only 2 minutes from the Chateau Frontenac, restaurants, bars and museums!

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank westyboy
Reviewed 8 July 2007

I stayed at this hotel about 2 years ago. At first I thought this was a pretty expensive hotel, but in the end I thought it was worth the price. The hotel is not very big and it's quite old, so there's no elevator (taking my bags up to my room was not very easy). Nevertheless, the location is great, very close to some of the main attractions of Quebec City, like the Gran Allè and the art museum!

The room was very comfortable and they offered complimentary continental breakfest, which was definetely a plus and helps you save some bucks. The Wi-Fi internet was not working in the rooms, so I had to use the computer in the lobby.

As I said, the hotel is in an awesome location, a short walk from many nice places in the city, which is also amazing! Everyone in the staff was very kind and helpful, and they even gave me a key to the front door in case I'd arrive after their curfew!

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2007

I stayed here with my parents and my fiance in September, and it was our first time in Quebec. It's in the old part of the city, directly across from the gate. It used to be a nunnery.
This little hotel was just the place to get the feel of Old Quebec. The staff was so friendly and willing to help out. They provided breakfast every morning in a little room behind the lobby......they had fruit, cereal, yogurt, coffee, breads......a good selection of things, and small tables to eat at.
We had to park in an underground lot a short walk away, but we didn't use the car for the entire 3 days we were there! All of the old city, as well as the Plains of Abraham, were within walking distance.
There is no elevator, so we had to hike up to the 3rd floor, dragging our luggage behind us, but the rooms are cheaper upstairs because of this!
The room we stayed in seemed like a basic hotel room to me, with 2 beds, TV, tub and shower.......it was well-kept and we didn't have any complaints.
The lobby has all sorts of pamphlets and brochures about attractions, as well as magazines. They even have a computer so you can check your email! There's always a bowl of delicious apples on a table in the lobby , and we would grab some every day as we headed out.
The lady that checked us in and was always at the front desk even gave us gifts the day we left! My mom and I got beautiful little compact mirrors with cases made of wood, my dad got a carved wood business card holder, and my fiance got a small flashlight that doesn't need batteries!
We all really liked staying here, and definitely would again!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
4  Thank tapestrypuppet
Reviewed 2 November 2006

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in early Oct this year and were very pleased by everything of it. The location is very convenient (walking distance to all major attractions) and the room is very clean with some really nice old Quebec character (stone walls in the room) and we also have a very nice view from our room window (see the photo). The hotel personnels are all very friendly and helpful (providing extra blankets & portable heater to keep us warm; giving directions & tips for getting cheaper park space....). Breakfast also provided in a cozy room. We will stay here again next time we visit Quebec.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank happyrun
Reviewed 10 October 2006

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and my parents. I required one room on the ground floor because my mother can not walk up and down a lot of stairs - they were very accommodating. I contacted the hotel via their website and they responded the same day.

This hotel is located just inside the walls of Old Quebec City at the St. Louis Gate so we were able to walk to a lot of the sites. Parking costs $13 per day. A continental breakfast is served from 7:30-10:30 every morning.

The rooms are very clean and the bathrooms have been updated. Overall a very good hotel!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family