“A great Hotel located in the Old Town, central to everything!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Chateau Bellevue

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Chateau Bellevue
Ranked #29 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Chelsea, Canada
“A great Hotel located in the Old Town, central to everything!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at this Hotel for the first time when visiting Quebec during the long week-end of August. We normally stay at the Hotel Chateau Laurier, their sister Hotel, but we were very pleased to discover this one. Located in the Old Town, a few blocks from Grande Allée and at walking distance from the Old Town, it was very convenient. There is a Valet parking for a fee of 17$ a day (probably the sheapest you could find in the area and with surveillance). So, during our week-end, we did not have to take the car once. We had booked tickets for the Cirque du Soleil and decided to walk to get there… an approximate 40 minute walk. This was perfect for us. We had a Distinction room, located at the very top with a small view on the park adjacent to the Château Frontenac. Actually, the Hotel is facing the park, so every morning, after our breakfast included with the Hotel (muffins, toasts, cereals, few fruits, coffee) we enjoyed our coffee in the park. The room itself was very good, although I found the bathroom design to be a bit restrained. As we had to drive about 5 hours to get there, it would have been nice as well to at least have a refrigerator in the room to put our stuff. The owners or the desk attendants told me that this request was made a couple of time by the guests. So, maybe they should think about it, even if for the higher grade rooms. Another great thing though, is that the wireless internet was included with the ability to have 5 devices, for free. The Hotel was very clean, very quiet and the staff very pleasant. There is also someone at the Front Desk all the time. So, that’s very convenient. We had a wonderful stay. We were also told that we could benefit from the services of their sister Hotel if we wished to (pool, for example). The cost of our room was $164.25 per night. Although that’s not very cheap… considering that we did not have to use our car and we were centrally located to everything, we thought it was OK.

Room Tip: Distinction Rooms are located on higher floors, giving you a bit more space and luxury.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
2 Thank ManonSimard-Canada
MDemazHebert, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chateau Bellevue, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Bonjour ManonSimard-Canada,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your lovely review! It is always a great pleasure to receive feedback from our guests. I am glad you discovered us in the first place. I am also very pleased to see you had a great stay, and that you enjoyed our location and our cleanliness as well as the services we provide, such as parking and breakfast. Rest assured we will take in consideration your feedback about the refrigerators. We are looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Best regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This large, well run hotel has good service: cleaning, desk and breakfast personnell are excellent. The location is in a serene section of Old Quebec, overlooking a small park above the river, in close proximity to all the action and the Frontenac. The standard rooms and bathroom are small, but sufficiently comfortable for two active tourists. Perfect for a two or three night stay!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank saba888
Bonjour saba888,

Thank you for your kind words ! I am very glad to read you had a great stay. We are very lucky - our staff is welcoming and friendly and our location is incredible. As far as room size is concerned, being located in the old city in such a old building makes it harder to have rooms as wide as one would find in a more recently-built hotel. However, we do have wider rooms, such as our Distinction and Prestige rooms - try them for your next stay !

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here with another couple in late December. Was a great location and really close to the Old City and the Chateau Frontenac
We were able to walk everywhere that we wanted, even in the -40c temperatures.
Clean, neat and tidy, good value for money. The room was a little small but then again we had a king size bed and 2 huge suitcases due to travelling for a month, so probably felt small due to that
Would have no problems staying here again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ScottandSheree
Bonjour ScottlandSheree,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review! We are truly blessed, our location is unbeatable, and being able to grab a free hot drink in the lobby after / before a long walk in the old city makes the weather a little less overwhelming! It would be our pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Pompton Plains, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

The staff was beyond excellent in accommodating whatever we needed. We felt so welcomed, and it was like staying with family. Our room was fabulous, and the view was magnificent by day and night. Breakfast was great and the food was fresh. I knew all the staff members by name, and felt like I have known them as long time friends. Warm, caring, pleasant and wonderful people! Thank you, Matt, Ivan, Alex, Nicholas & Guy : ) Hope to see you in June of 2015!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank KimSimpson6261
Bonjour KimSimpson6261,

Such kind words ! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review, it was a great pleasure for us to welcome you here. We all are glad to know you felt at home, and we truly look forward to welcome you again!

Take care!
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

The location is fantastic- everywhere in the old city was walk-able. The room we stayed in was tiny- no space to open two suitcases. But it was clean, so that was fine. Upon check in we were told we had paid for the room, but when we checked out we were asked to payment. Check in and check out re very slow processes too. I think the expensive price of the hotel is mainly due to the good location.
However on the first morning I turned on the hairdryer which then glowed red and started burning and smoking. I turned it off, but it was attached to the wall so I could not un-plug it completely. Luckily the fire went out. I told the front desk staff, who told me they would look at it. We got back in the evening and the hairdryer had clearly not even been looked at- it was in the identical position I had left it that morning. Of course I didn't want to risk using it again, so the next morning I asked at the desk, and they said " no, it's not working, it will get changed". I didn't need them to tell me it was not working- I had informed them of that 24 hours before. The third time I asked, I was told I could borrow a hairdryer from behind the front desk, but they did not ever contact us to tell us it was not safe. Really I would expect that it should have been removed from the hotel room straight away, as it was not safe. I don't see why I should have to ask them 3 times about it. I also think that a note should have been left in the room saying what would be done. It did worry me as I think if I did not keep asking they would not have checked it, and if we had not been there for so many nights another person could have used our room after us and had a more dangerous fire. So, to sum up, expensive, good location but the staff were not that attentive.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
MDemazHebert, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chateau Bellevue, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Bonjour tinselliberation,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. It is always a good thing to receive feedback from our guests ! First of all, I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Québec City.

About the room size : we are located in the old city, which means rooms are smaller than in recently-built hotels. Yet, what we lack in space we gain in charm and warmth. Also, I recommend you chose a Distinction or Prestige room for your next stay - the widest rooms we have!

I would like to apologize for the delay in the treatment of the hairdryer issue. I am glad it was fixed in the end, and rest assured a reminder of the importance of efficiency has been given to everyone.

We are looking forward to welcome you again for your next stay in Québec City !

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Staff are very quick to help you with even the slightest enquiry. They will get on the phone or computer right away to find you the answer. Complimentary tea, coffee, juice and fruits available all hours add to the convenience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Keith S
Bonjour sadosan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your lovely review! I am glad you had a great stay. I would like to underline that our staff is indeed very professional, helpful and friendly.

It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again in the future !

Meredith, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We go to Quebec every year and always stay at the Bellevue. The regular rooms are rather small but we always stay in the corner Room 301 with a beautiful view. The décor is old but in that way has the feeling of European hotels which we love. The staff are always friendly and accommodating, from the front desk to the cleaning staff. And we enjoy the breakfast in the expanded dining area.

Room Tip: Choose a prestige or distinction room for size. And request a room with a view of the park/river.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Tom S
Bonjour Tom S

Such pleasure for us to welcome you every year ! I am always thrilled to read feedback from our habitués. As you say, the décor is old, we want our rooms to be cozy and warm, yet as modern as possible ! I am very glad you mentioned how friendly our staff is, as well as the quality of breakfast.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you again next year !