My wife and I stayed in this lovely boutique hotel in July 2012 and loved it.
Although we had booked a standard room, we decided to upgrade to a suite onsite. The upgraded room was massive and incorporated a full living room, bedroom and bathroom. All of the furnishing were antique, but the room did include a modern flat-screen TV and bar fridge.
The staff were all exceptionally friendly and made us feel very welcome. They're also able to help out with suggestions on places to visit or places to eat.
The location is fantastic - but I think that's probably true of any hotel you choose in Vieux-Quebec; you can easily walk around the entire old city and everything feels close.
The room rate also included a nice continental breakfast featuring local croissants, fresh fruit salad, toast, and cereal. It was nice to keep breakfast small since we were eating out for lunch and dinner.
My only complaints are a couple of minor inconveniences. Unfortunately, the WiFi wasn't working due to some renovations (not sure why this would impact WiFi). I mention this since free WiFi was one of the reasons we selected Le Manoir d'Auteil. However, they do make a public computer available to all guests.
The room we were in does have a thermostat - but the temperature is not adjustable by guests. It's controlled centrally. I would have found the room a bit too hot for sleeping, but thankfully, the hotel did provide a fan in the closet that we used.
I'd rate Le Manoir d'Auteil 4.5/5, but Trip Advisor doesn't allow 1/2 star ratings and 4 stars seems too low for such a wonderful experience. I would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir d'Auteuil invites guests to enjoy the glamour and elegance of our French art deco boutique hotel. We offer visitors the charm of our historic building, the personal attention of our devoted multi-lingual staff and the special touches found in the smaller and intimate hotels in Quebec City. Our location inside the old city walls, across from the Parliament building and near the Quebec City Conference Center, is ideal for tourists, business visitors and travelers seeking romantic getaways in Quebec. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Manoir d'Auteuil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir d`Auteuil Hotel Quebec City
- Le Manoir D'Auteuil Quebec/Quebec City