“a nice stay”

Ranked #3 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
new hampshire
“a nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

The staff was knowledgable, helpful and friendly - couldn't ask for anything more. The room was good, very comfortable bed and quiet room. The location is ideal to all of the Old Town attractions. A few minor complaints - the design of the bathroom sink with a long and wide glass shelf protruding above it made it difficult and almost a comical experience to shave - not user friendly. There was also an annoying dripping water sound (the radiator?) that made the second night of our stay less comfortable than the first - as we were leaving early the next AM, was not worth the effort of awakening anyone at 3AM to address. Overall, would definately come back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would come back again. We all enjoy sharing our favourite finds with our guests, and I am thrilled you found our recommendations so helpful. I am sorry you found the glass shelf cumbersome for shaving. We have the glass shelves in many bathrooms to provide for additional space given the many toiletry and skin care products travellers bring with them. Our new Daikin climate control system is exceptionally quiet, especially compared to those big fan units one finds in most chain hotels. I am not sure of what you heard, but I will definitely look into it. Thank you for letting us know, and thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

Outstanding location just within the old city walls, but away from the main tourist noise. The staff were amazing, accomodating and friendly. They provided us with all the information we needed in terms of restaurants, places to visit etc, and chose VERY well. Bilingual staff made us feel right at home! We stayed in the new rooms, which were lovely, clean, and well appointed. Can't say enough positive things about the hotel, the people, the location, or Vieux Quebec in general. Highly recommend this hotel to all....absolute gold.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! I agree that the location is perfect, and I will most definitely pass along your kind words with our team. These kind of positive comments truly make our day. I am also glad you enjoyed the new rooms. I assume you stayed in one of the deluxe king rooms that we have added on to the hotel. The new decor is slowly but surely being incorporated into the existing rooms as well. As I look through the reviews, I see comments from so many of the various rooms in the hotel. It is always best to reserve by phone, and then we can speak one on one to get an idea of the perfect fit for you. I find some clients prefer the newer remodelled rooms, and others, more of the historic and vintage charm. Again thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review, and for your precious support. Many thanks!
montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed there in july 12 ,oned and managed privately ,price reasonable ,style art deco original ,nice peoples always ready to help ,Bilangual,Parking,and breakfast included, good location walking distance to parlement,and most stuf to see and do i wold recomand and go back

Room Tip: for a feew dollar more look for the suite on the ground level facing the street,a bit dark but like...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We find the location perfect too. A small establishment like ours truly relies on word of mouth from wonderful clients like you. Thank you!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

This hotel is just past the old city gates. Staff was very good and super friendly - lots of tips where to go. We only stayed one night as we were passing through on our way east to Nova Scotia. Since the old city is small, everything is within walking distance (although there are some inclines and cobblestones). We stayed in the chapel room with the two twin beds, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was continental style with croissants from Paillard's, supposedly the best in the city. Parking is available for an additional fee at a nearby lot - if you use metered parking in town you'll need to feed it every two hours - but street parking is free overnight 11pm-9am.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us! You were blessed and got to stay in the former chapel of the house! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for sharing your travel experiences with the travel community. I have eaten many croissants in the area, and in my opinion, yes, the croissants at Paillard are most definitely the best in town! Glad you enjoyed them.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stayed one night here (Sunday, October 8th) and loved it. The room we had was on the top floor, room 34 and it was lovely. Lucia at the front desk was so friendly and helpful. Lucia remembered my name too!

Free wi-fi and breakfast too! I had a yummy fresh chocolate bread/pastry thing, fresh fruit, orange juice, yoghurt, tea, and toast. They also had cereal, crossiants, coffee, hot chocolate, and milk. They even played nice French songs in the eating room. :)

The room was comfortable, new, and clean. The furnishings were nice. The view outside was so nice, I felt like I was in Paris or some European place. The bed was comfortable and the washroom was clean. The shower was nice too. The hotel was quiet too. One of the nicest hotels that I've ever stayed at. :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Ah, what a sweet review. Thank you so very much! I did not personally get the chance to meet you, but I know that you were in good hands with Lucia and the other members of our staff. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay, as well as the room and the breakfast. Our hotel is very typical of one you would find in Paris, and I am delighted you appreciated it. Room 34 is a petite, but charming room with great views of cascading roof tops and of the Price building illuminated at night. Again, merci beaucoup, thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community!
Groton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

My husband and I loved this hotel. The hotel was charming and the staff was terrific. We loved the location and would definitely stay there again if we visit Quebec again. The staff was so knowledgeable and gave us many good tips. The room was spotless and the king-sized bed was so comfortable. We had a relaxed breakfast each morning before we headed out.

Room Tip: Our room was large but didn't have a view. We stayed on the third floor and there was no elevat...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Bonjour and thank you so much for your review! I especially love the room tips sections on these, because it gives the traveler the opportunity to share some insights and small suggestions that help other travellers better plan their stay. Thank you for mentioning that we do not have an elevator, so for anyone that has difficulty with stairs, it would be essential to reserve by phone and find the best available room to meet your needs. Half of our rooms have gorgeous parliament hill views, and the other half are situated on the back side of the building which give the advantage of quiet from the hustle and bustle of the city. We will certainly do our best to accommodate your preferences. Again, un gros merci! I am delighted you enjoyed the room and your stay with us.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

My Mom and I stayed here while I was on a business trip. The hotel is within the walls of Old Quebec, but only a short walk to the conference center where my meetings were held. The hotel was clean and the staff was amazing. They gave us a map for walking around and gave us advice on which restaurants to go to etc. We stayed in room 35 which was a very large room with a King size bed, a desk and a sitting area. There was a wonderful complimentary breakfast each morning with eggs, toast, croissants, cereal, fruit and yogurt. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I will never stay anywhere else when I am in the area!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 35 and it was spacious with a very comfortable king size bed.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MidwestTraveler34
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I realize time is not something we all have much of to spare, and I sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience with the travel community. Room 35 is one of our deluxe king rooms, and newly renovated. I realize I am still missing a few small touches in the room, but I am always looking for the perfect art deco pieces to complement the contemporary yet classic style renovations. All of us love sharing our knowledge of the city with our guests, and I am touched that you found our recommendations so helpful. I remember you both so well, as we especially got to know mom while you were away at the conference. That is the one benefit of longer stays: we get the privilege of getting to know our clients better. Again, many thanks and hopefully we will get to see you again in the future.