“Great Location”

Ranked #2 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Toronto, Canada
“Great Location”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Arriving in Quebec City, we were so happy to find that our hotel had probably the most perfect location. On the edge of the old town, just within the walls in a more peaceful that anywhere else- we could easily walk to everywhere. Our reception was really inviting too- we were shown to our room and given some suggestions about where to go/what to do as we just had one night in Quebec City. The room is very tastefully furnished- ideal amount of furniture for the space. It is a boutique hotel and the rooms obviously reflect that in size. Everything was clean and welcoming. Make sure to ask for the temperature control settings in advance however- it was a pain to figure out the centralized system later in the night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nehaaurora11
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
We are tickled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. One night is really too short for a Quebec City trip, so perhaps we will have the chance to welcome you again. Each room has an individual thermostat for your room, but we do also have a second additional thermostat to kick in the electric as well for those winter days that can be -30 to -40. (I know, scary cold!) I am sorry it was confusing to you, but because of the severe cold that has hit the North East this winter, we have had no choice but to implement the two systems to ensure our client's comfort. Thank you for your support and for having chosen to stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The place left some positive memories. Especially the staff was helpful and most of the things were functioning. The rooms could have been better equipped; the hotel is not cheap, but many simple things were missing, such as a kettle for boiling water. The location is excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank John O
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Bonjour John, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us back in June 2013. You are absolutely correct about our location, as it is excellent! I am not sure which room you were in, but each room varies in size and style, and each category varies in pricing. You came during the high season, and during a conference, so yes, the rates in Old Quebec are definitely high during those high compression dates. We do continually watch the pricing in our area, and make sure we are competitively priced with the other hotels. I am a little suprised by the cleanliness rating, particularly because the hotel was renovated in January of 2013, and I am a stickler when it comes to cleanliness. In fact, most clients consistently comment on just how clean our rooms are. Perhaps we missed a detail in your room. We certainly wish you would have pointed it out, so that we could have addressed it. As for a boiler for tea in the room, we do have them available upon request, and you can always help yourself to hot water in the dining room. Obviously, we did not do a good job of letting you know that was available to you. Your experience is important to us, and your comments truly help us to do a better job, so I want to thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is truly appreciated.

Have a fantastic 2014, and who knows, perhaps we will be fortunate to serve you once again in the future. Merci, Linda
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 January 2014

A great find in Quebec City. This small "boutique" style hotel/B&B is in a great, quiet location facing the beautiful Esplanade Park. Walking distance to everything. Only 27 one of a kind rooms helps make this hotel something special. Clean, comfortable, room of a decent size. Very nicely appointed. Breakfast room in the lower part serving a nice selection breakfast items. The service was excellent. If you want a luxury hotel in Quebec City you don't need to pay outrageous prices. Stay here, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Since this is a boutique hotel with only 27 rooms do some research, ask questions and find the room...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank borninthebronx54
Thank you so very much for such a generous and informative review. I think your suggestion to inform yourself as to the various room choices is a great insight, as we can help you select a room category that best fits your needs, tastes and budget. Looking at the room categories on our web site is a great way to start.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, and everyone on our team truly appreciates your input. New York is really not to far away, so I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you with us once again in the future. Un gros merci! Linda
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Great little hotel with lots of charm and personal service. Breakfast was plentiful and fresh - hard-boiled eggs, pastries, yogurt, cereal, tea and coffee. Room was spotlessly clean. European room (4th floor) was fun, but watch your head on the low ceiling. Great view of the park across the road and the city lights. Staff was super super friendly and helpful, calling around and getting information for us (since we don't speak French) and making reservations. Room was super warm, shower was hot and great. Excellent location for walking around the Old City. Great value for money. It is an old building, and the walls are thin, but the other guests were quiet and respectful. Parking is an extra charge in an underground garage near-by. There is no elevator, so keep that in mind. Understated and unpretentious. Felt like home. Would love to stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with view of the park across the road.
2 Thank Classiccartraveler
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Bonjour and Happy New Year! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Your tips are great, and the european rooms are very charming and full of character. Glad you liked them. This Christmas was unusually cold for us (-30 C), so the fact that you were warm and cozy in your room is truly important to us. Again, many thanks for the review, and thank you for choosing to spend your holidays with us. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you with us once again. Un gros merci! Linda
Berlin, Vermont
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We picked one cold weekend to visit Old Quebec City (-17F). Le Manoir d'Auteuil was easy to find and very comfortable. It seemed like like we were in France, with the exception that the staff was friendly and helpful! We had a great room with plenty of space for the two of us. Breakfast was very nice, especially the croissants. I'm looking forward to visiting again some time soon.

Room Tip: We had room 10 with a nice King bed.
3 Thank Peter E
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Bonjour, and yes you were here on an exceptionally COLD day! Honestly, cold days like those (-30) are not uncommon in Quebec City during January, but very uncommon in December. You can imagine our heating bills! Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. You stayed in one of our deluxe king rooms, situated on the back side of the hotel. Thank you for writing a review, and for your kind comments. We truly appreciate your support. We look forward to welcoming you here with us again in the future. We will have those fresh croissants waiting for you! Un gros merci, Linda
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2013

A gem of a hotel within the walls of Old Quebec City.

Exceptional staff; professional, warm and friendly (Nancy, Arianna, Michel and Linda), who made our stay extremely welcoming.

Our hotel room("classic room" w/ queen bed) was beautifully decor'd, clean and cozy. Super comfortable bedding for good night's sleep.

Simple yet satisfying continental breakfast of freshly baked croissants and chocolatines, fresh fruit salad, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, toast, coffee and tea.

Nice little bar for drinks.

Hotel is close to everything within the old city.

We will definitely return to this hotel when visiting again, simply because of the genuine staff and their superb service.

Highly Recommended!

Thank-you :)

4 Thank 8silverangel
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Bonjour "Silverangel" (I love your screen name),

Thank you so much for the kind review. I will show it to everyone on our team, and they will be absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am tickled you liked the decor and your room as well. Each room is unique in size and character, but overall the decor and quality of mattresses and bedding are the same in every room. Our sincerest appreciation goes out to you for taking the time to write and to share your experience with the travel community. I also want to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the wonderful support. We truly appreciate it!

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you with us once again in the future. Have a great winter and a festive holiday season ahead. Encore, un gros merci,
Linda
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is a old building and it has some quirks that go with it. However this is part and parcel of what you get for staying in a piece of history.

That said, I had a great experience: the location is perfect, and makes it really easy to visit the city without being in the middle of the noisier are. The service was great: polite, genuinely keen to ensure you have a nice visit. My room was nice and comfortable and I had a great night's sleep. THe bathroom was probably a bit on the smaller side but it was functional.

The only thing I would have to say was that whilst I had communicated my flight plan well ahead to the hotel, I got called twice after I landed with the front desk insisting that the reception closed at 11pm and enquiring when I was gong to be there. As it turns out I was there at 10.50 but the fact that I had taken the precaution to give all my details only to be called on the day at the very moment my plane touched down was a bit weird. I would venture that when a client informs you that they are landing at 10.15pm, you either turn the reservation down, or you arrange to have the front desk stay open a bit later.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Traveling_Chuck_2011
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Bonjour, and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. As for the two calls, yes, that is a little strange. My guess is that the reception called to confirm, and then the night person as well when their shift started. Regardless, because you did contact us with your flight details, there was no need for the follow-up and we probably did not correctly note the details in your reservation. My apologies. We definitely do make the occasional mistake.

But with that all said, I am glad you decided to experience the history and charm of Old Quebec by choosing a heritage property like ours. I truly feel that the small boutique hotels like ours are true treasures in Quebec City. They are really reminiscent of what you typically find in European cities such as Paris.....just much closer! Again, thank you for the review, and thank you for your support! Merci, Linda