“Truly a Pleasure”

Ranked #3 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Sound Beach, New York
“Truly a Pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Beginning with our first telephone inquiry the staff was welcoming and accommodating. The suites we stayed in were beautifully decorated, spacious and warm with beautiful expansive bathrooms. The beds were very comfortable with beautiful linens and everything was immaculately maintained throughout the Hotel. We stayed for five nights and the owners and staff were always patient, helpful and gracious. When we requested a tour of the hotel Nancy showed us rooms and suites on all the floors and when we were particularly impressed with one of the other suites she checked with the owners and offered us the opportunity to switch suites for the remainder of our stay. Nancy in particular was always friendly helpful and informative. We would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone planning a trip to Quebec City.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lydia B
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Bonjour Mme. Lydia, I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review. You were in one of our junior suites, which yes, are very spacious rooms. I am glad you enjoyed the decor in your room as well as the others that you visited! It is important to note, that because the building was formerly a residence built in 1835, each room is unique in size and personality. If square footage is important, then I highly recommend a spacious junior suite or deluxe king room option. The Classic Queen rooms and european rooms are also lovely and full of charm, with similar decor, however, as with most rooms within the walls of Old Quebec, they too are petite.

You are absolutely right about Nancy. She is a wonderful person and we feel so lucky to have her on our team! Again, many thanks for the review. We truly appreciate it. It was a delight meeting you and we hope we will have the chance to welcome you with us once again in the future. Un gros merci! Linda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Quebec City is a gem and so is Manoir d'Auteuil. The owners and staff are truly some of the nicest people I've ever met. It is clear that they want to do all they can for their guests. Lucia and Linda gave me wonderful recommendations for touring the city and they were right on the money. The hotel has been lovingly decorated -- every detail is just gorgeous. The bed/bedding was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it, the bath products were incredible, the room was perfectly clean and decorated in ways that gave me ideas for home. The breakfast was well priced, convenient and delicious. I will absolutely be back and am so grateful for the beautiful experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank cjciullo
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Bonjour! First, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We truly appreciate it. I am thrilled you liked my decor. I am a huge fan of the art deco era and we really tried to incorporate the historic art deco accents throughout the building with the renovation.....so although contemporary, there are still hints of the past throughout. The mattresses are Simmons Beauty Rest, and are very high quality. Thank you for noticing! I am glad you had the chance to meet Lucia, she is a real gem. You really took our advice, and in your short stay in Quebec City, you managed to really get a lot in. That is fantastic, and I am so glad you made every moment count. It was a pleasure meeting you, and again, my sincerest thanks for your support and for having chosen to stay with us. We will look forward to welcoming you with us again in the future! Un gros merci, et bonne été! Linda
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We picked this hotel due to the excellent reviews and everthing positive in the reviews is correct. We unexpectedly had to make a business deal while there and the fellows at the front desk jumped into action. They sent faxes back and forth for us, check the location of the closest TD Bank, called a taxi to get to the bank before it closed and provided a drink in celebration. They definately went above and beyond for us. It's a small hotel so you get to know the staff and they really make you feel at home. We have been to Montreal a few times but never to Quebec City. We like Quebec City better and will definately return to this hotel. You must eat at the crepe restuarant down the street from this hotel - yum!

Room Tip: We did hear garbage trucks at 6:30 am so maybe ask staff for the quietest area of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2roxy2Toronto
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We really appreciate it. I am really happy to hear that everyone on staff was able to help and assist you in getting your deal done. Although a small hotel, we truly do our best to offer any services needed that you may find available in the larger chain hotels. As for the garbage removal, yes, Wednesdays and Saturdays are garbage removal days in Old Quebec, and the city is in charge of that one. They try to remove all garbage within the walls by 10 a.m. Sometimes, we hear it earlier, and some mornings, not until after breakfast, but unfortunately, no matter where you are, you may hear it because they pass by each and every residence, both street side and alley side. This is just part of life in the city. This holds true for snow removal as well in the winter. However, everyone always comments on just how clean Old Quebec City is, which is a big plus! I typically mention that rooms on the back side of the building will be quieter, but they will not have that parliament hill view. If we know in advance your preference, we will do our best to accommodate your request. Again, many thanks for the support. We truly appreciate it and I am glad you made it up to Quebec City this visit! We look forward to welcoming you with us again. Merci, Linda
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

My sister and I took a few days away to see beautiful Quebec City and were blessed to have found this wonderful accommodation. Sometimes you are fortunate on your travels to find that one place that lives up to expectations and the hotel and it's friendly staff did just that! Front desk Team AMAZING! Always there to answer your questions, nothing too much trouble and always a real smile. Seriously I would pack this hotel in my suitcase and take it with me to every destination if I could. Thank you to the owners also for being so welcoming, personal and hospitable to your guests. Oriana you are such a caring, special person, Lucia ever helpful and Michele kept us to our schedule....you are all extraordinary people. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Room Tip: Go to the top, superb!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cramben
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Bonjour! Thank you for taking a moment to write a review of your stay with us. I remember you both, and as I recall, you and your sister each reserved one of our european rooms. I am truly touched that we met your expectations. I will pass on your kind comments to the team: Michel, Oriana, Lucia and Nancy. Trust me, you made their day! We wish you many happy travels ahead, and who knows, maybe we will have the chance to welcome you here with us again in the future. Un gros merci, Linda
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

What a wonderful stay we had at this hotel. This review is long past due and I didn't want to forget to share how special the hotel and the people were. We were there during the New Year holidays and it was a place we will remember for a very long time. The location was fantastic and Lucia, Oriana and the rest of the staff (the lovely lady that set up breakfast every morning) were so friendly and hospitable. Lucia recommended a few great restaurants and made us feel like we were home. Quebec during the holidays is so romantic (but prepare for the cold) and we hope to return to Le Manoir dAuteuil in the fall of 2015.

Room Tip: Our room faced the square across the street. Very cozy and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank den60763
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Bonjour, and merci beaucoup! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us over the New Year. Sadly, I was not able to meet you during your stay, but you were no doubt in great hands. The Parliament Hill views are absolutely gorgeous, especially during the Holiday's. These rooms will be a bit noisier due to the city noise, but if you do not mind the city sounds, the view is definitely worth it. If looking for a quiet stay, I recommend a room on the back side of the building. We cannot always guarantee which room you will have, but we will most certainly do our best to meet your request. Again, many thanks for the review. I will pass along your kind comments to Lucia and the team, as they will be thrilled! Merci, Linda
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

My wife, 8 year old, and myself stayed at Le Manoir d' Auteuil for 4 night in room 10, which is a king size room.

I stay in hotels 12 days a month and was looking for something outside of the traditional hotels. I read reviews here and decided to give it a try. It was perfect. The rooms are extremely clean and the staff the best.

I can't say enough except don't eat the chocolatetines, they are addicting.

We look forward to returning in warmer weather.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sfomarc
Bonjour Marc, Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate it. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and especially those chocolatines. It was a pleasure meeting you, your wife and son. As many readers may find, typically rooms within the walls of the Old City are quite small, but our deluxe king rooms and junior suites are spacious and can easily accommodate a family of 3. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and we do truly appreciate the support. We will look forward to welcoming you with us again in the future! Merci, Linda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Visited Quebec in order to go to a YES concert. The available parking location very local, nice easy walk. Hotel very clean. Room is small, expect that when you either visit hotel in Europe or downtown Quebec. Hotel reception ladies amazing. Excellent and honest answers about restaurants. We had questions about transportation to Parc Du Mont Ste-Anne. Incredible attention and research by front staff. Impressive. Hotel breakfast nice, Edith Piaf during coffee was pleasant. To close, great service, nice rooms and decent location.

Room Tip: Located in an old part of the city. No elevators in hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank John R
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Bonjour John, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I remember you well, as well as YES, so I guess that hints at our age! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You were in the former chapel of the manoir, and yes, this room is one of our smaller rooms. It is true, that rooms in the Old City, like in European hotels will be smaller in size, after all, the buildings are over 200 years old. For anyone who would prefer a spacious room, I highly recommend spending a little extra for a Deluxe King Room or Junior Suite, as they are very spacious. The European rooms and the classique queen rooms are petite, but very well appointed and full of historical charm.

I also want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am delighted to hear that "the ladies" were so helpful in giving their opinions and suggestions. There are so many wonderful restaurants in Old Quebec, but it is very important to have a good idea of what the client is looking for when making a recommendation. I am glad we were able to help you in making your choices. Enjoy the rest of spring, and we hope to be able to welcome you to Quebec City once again. Again, thank you for your support. Merci, Linda