My wife and I just returned from a 2-night weekend getaway in Quebec City. We chose this hotel based on it’s great reviews and location inside the walls of Old Town Quebec.
Location couldn’t be better. You are within the historical walls of the city and many of the attractions are within quick walking distance like Rue St. Jean, Chateau Frontenac, The Citadelle and The Plains of Abraham. Old Town is quite hilly so some leg strength is required to get around, but it is surly worth it for some awesome views.
The hotel itself is quite historic. It looked like it was an old apartment residence back in the day. There are no elevators so our room required walking up to the 3rd floor. Also the washroom in the room is up a set of stairs (never seen that before), so if stairs aren’t your thing you would have to try and secure a ground floor room.
The room was anything but modern, but was clean, welcoming and retained much of its old charm. The TV was in quite an unusual spot on the wall. As this is a small boutique hotel it lacks some modern amenities and in-room features like a gym, pool, bar fridge and ice machine (ice was available at the bar via the front desk attendant).
Our package included breakfast which was light but very high-quality with freshly baked croissants, yogurt and fruit. We were also offered a free pint of beer each which we enjoyed on their outdoor terrace one afternoon. There was Wi-Fi included but it was quite slow. Parking was offered around the block for 18 dollars a day which wasn’t the ideal scenario but given the historic location, not unexpected.
While the hotel has limited staff (the front desk agent was also the bartender) they always did their best to meet your needs and were fluently bilingual.
If you are looking for a historic boutique hotel in Old Town Quebec and don’t mind forgoing some modern amenities of a larger chain then this would be the perfect choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir d'Auteuil invites guests to enjoy the glamour and elegance of our French art deco boutique hotel. We offer visitors the charm of our historic building, the personal attention of our devoted multi-lingual staff and the special touches found in the smaller and intimate hotels in Quebec City. Our location inside the old city walls, across from the Parliament building and near the Quebec City Conference Center, is ideal for tourists, business visitors and travelers seeking romantic getaways in Quebec. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Manoir d'Auteuil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir d`Auteuil Hotel Quebec City
- Le Manoir D'Auteuil Quebec/Quebec City