I normally don’t write reviewed, but in this one case I am compelled to do so..
Several days before my arrival, I sent an email asking to please give me the best room as this was my fiancée and I anniversary and I wanted to make it really special. Next day I got a generic email saying that I got the best room that was available at the time of my booking. Fair enough. Upon checking in, I was shown to a room on the first floor which was very tiny with a stone wall and very cold. The room did not have ANY closets or cabinets to hang and store clothes for my stay, which was completely unacceptable. My fiancé and I politely expressed our dissatisfaction with the room and we were shown another room on the second floor which was a night and day difference! Huge room with high ceiling and plenty of closest space! And a unique bathroom on the higher level, reachable by narrow stairway. Also the room was much warmer and comfortable. So the email they sent me earlier was a lie and they did have better room that was not assigned to me in the first place.
A week later after my stay, when I checked my credit card statement, I was shocked to find out that there was a separate charge of $30. I called the hotel to find out what it was and they told me it was for the bottle of wine that I drank. First of all, the wine did not have any kind of price stickers or labels of any kind, it just had a bottle opener next to it and two wine glasses on the same table. Second, the wine bottle was smaller than usual and I was 100% it was complimentary as I informed the hotel that it was my fiancée and myself anniversary and it was also around new years (my last day was December 31). Not a chance, they silently charged me for the wine, which wasn’t even good in the first place, and I felt like I was scammed for $30 bucks. That just left a bad taste in my mouth, pun intended.
The breakfast was horrible. Stale muffins and croissants and boiled eggs for breakfast? You’ve got to be kidding. I thought in Quebec you can do better than that! How hard would it be to do a simple omelet with cheese and beacon to server hot breakfast to your guests?
Also, they constantly vacuum clean the hallways for hours.. very noisy if you like to take a nap during the day or like to sleep late through the morning.
Last but not least, Wi-Fi connection would constantly drop, and I know it's not a problem with my laptop as it worked perfectly fine for the next two days an another hotel.
Needless to say, I had a bad taste in my mouth, pun intended. And it’s not the extra $30 that bothers me, but the fact that I felt I was being scammed. When I called about the charge, I was told “I have to charge you and there is nothing I can do”.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir d'Auteuil invites guests to enjoy the glamour and elegance of our French art deco boutique hotel. We offer visitors the charm of our historic building, the personal attention of our devoted multi-lingual staff and the special touches found in the smaller and intimate hotels in Quebec City. Our location inside the old city walls, across from the Parliament building and near the Quebec City Conference Center, is ideal for tourists, business visitors and travelers seeking romantic getaways in Quebec. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Manoir d'Auteuil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir d`Auteuil Hotel Quebec City
- Le Manoir D'Auteuil Quebec/Quebec City