“Charming hotel with well decorated rooms, excellent service, location and delicious breakfast.”

Le Manoir d'Auteuil
Ranked #2 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 9 April 2010

My husband and I stayed at Le Manoir d'Autueil for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had a beautifully decorated room with a queen bed on the 3rd floor, with a large very clean bathroom. This is a very quiet location, just inside the walls of Old Quebec. The continental breakfast was perfect - orange juice, fruit cocktail, croissant, pain au chocolate, wonderful coffee, various kinds of bread for toasting and eggs. The service was excellent. We highly recommend this hotel and plan to stay here on our next visit to Quebec City.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Le Manoir d'Auteuil

Reviewed 23 March 2010

This charming hotel is in a perfect location within the walls of Old Quebec. You get the European feel as soon as you enter the lobby. The hotel is near restaurants, shops, historical buildings, museums and bus stops. Our room had twin beds and was very clean, Tthe beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was spotless. Breakfast was very good. We would not hesitate to return to Manoir d'Auteuil.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2010

Great Location-Nice Friendly Staff-Clean rooms-Amazing service-and cant beat the price
Looking forward to staying there again next time in town.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2010

Everything was just perfect. Beautiful rooom, very good service, we enjoyed our stay in Manoir D'Auteuil and recommand it to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2010

Warm, clean, personnel SUPER, good breakfast, PERFECT LOCATION. This was my 5th stay at a hotel in Quebec City and Le Manoir d'Auteuil was the best out them. If you want to feel a little bit of European “smell” try here and if you are lucky to get a room you will be sorry when it is time to leave.
Eugen, from Montreal. PS This is my first review ever but I really believe that it was worth it.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2010

The staff was very friendly anc accommodated to us! The room was clean and really nice.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2010

I normally don’t write reviewed, but in this one case I am compelled to do so..

Several days before my arrival, I sent an email asking to please give me the best room as this was my fiancée and I anniversary and I wanted to make it really special. Next day I got a generic email saying that I got the best room that was available at the time of my booking. Fair enough. Upon checking in, I was shown to a room on the first floor which was very tiny with a stone wall and very cold. The room did not have ANY closets or cabinets to hang and store clothes for my stay, which was completely unacceptable. My fiancé and I politely expressed our dissatisfaction with the room and we were shown another room on the second floor which was a night and day difference! Huge room with high ceiling and plenty of closest space! And a unique bathroom on the higher level, reachable by narrow stairway. Also the room was much warmer and comfortable. So the email they sent me earlier was a lie and they did have better room that was not assigned to me in the first place.

A week later after my stay, when I checked my credit card statement, I was shocked to find out that there was a separate charge of $30. I called the hotel to find out what it was and they told me it was for the bottle of wine that I drank. First of all, the wine did not have any kind of price stickers or labels of any kind, it just had a bottle opener next to it and two wine glasses on the same table. Second, the wine bottle was smaller than usual and I was 100% it was complimentary as I informed the hotel that it was my fiancée and myself anniversary and it was also around new years (my last day was December 31). Not a chance, they silently charged me for the wine, which wasn’t even good in the first place, and I felt like I was scammed for $30 bucks. That just left a bad taste in my mouth, pun intended.

The breakfast was horrible. Stale muffins and croissants and boiled eggs for breakfast? You’ve got to be kidding. I thought in Quebec you can do better than that! How hard would it be to do a simple omelet with cheese and beacon to server hot breakfast to your guests?

Also, they constantly vacuum clean the hallways for hours.. very noisy if you like to take a nap during the day or like to sleep late through the morning.

Last but not least, Wi-Fi connection would constantly drop, and I know it's not a problem with my laptop as it worked perfectly fine for the next two days an another hotel.

Needless to say, I had a bad taste in my mouth, pun intended. And it’s not the extra $30 that bothers me, but the fact that I felt I was being scammed. When I called about the charge, I was told “I have to charge you and there is nothing I can do”.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank tauchenNYC
ownerofthemanoir, owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2010

I would like to say that we are a character property and each of our 18 rooms are different. If on arrival your room does not suite you for any reason just ask and we will do our best to accomodate you. Please keep in mind that changes will be made on availabilty and that our reservation list is constantly changing with last minute cancellations.Some rooms will have wood floors, stone walls, and art deco wall murals etc. We invite all guests to review our photo gallery on our website to get a feel for the room categories and the variety that we offer. If you are coming for a special occasion such as an anniversary, if price is not an issue, please look at the historic suites. If you are budget minded stay with the standards or even more budget minded go euoropean category. Call and ask us questions! All of our rooms have closets, 80% have 32 -42 inch plasma TV's (europeans have new standard TV's), marble bathrooms, down comforters, telephones, desks, bureaus and a staff that is available 24/7. We also put a bottle of wine that we selected from a small Vintner in France which has a booklet tied to the bottle neck that explains where the wine is from, why we chose it and that the price is- 25$. Our breakfast consists of croissants and chocolatines (..when in France!) that are deliverd each morning by the corner bakery, Paillard. We also have hard boiled eggs, cereals, yogurt, fresh baked bread also delivered by the same bakery, whole fruit basket and a fresh fruit sald made each morning. We do not have muffins. We also offer milk, orange juice, a variety of 12 teas and coffee( Smatran Mandeling) roasted for us weekly by the local roaster. We do not offer a full course breakfast such as can be found at a larger chain hotel. As always if there is anyway that we can make your stay in Quebec City better or improve your stay with us let us know. I gaurantee that we will make every effort to make your stay more enjoyable.

Thank You!