“Good value”

Ranked #16 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Good value”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We wanted a reasonably priced hotel within 5-10 minutes of Old Quebec, and the Normandin filled the bill. Rooms were high quality with the normal spate of conveniences and plenty of space. I liked the lounge chair. Breakfasts were very adequate and coffee was great (I am a coffee snob). Had a nice European flavor. We were very pleased in all respects.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
tilouis, Director of Sales at Hotel & Suites Normandin Quebec, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your comments. I am pleased to see that our hotel was able to meet your expectations and needs. Every effort has been put forward during our recent renovation to provide high quality accommodation while retaining quality, against very competitive price. Our continental breakfast is also an important part of our hosting and I am pleased to learn that you also appreciated this aspect of your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Quebec City.

Sales & Marketing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The beds were the most comfortable we've ever slept on. The vents in the washroom were so powerful. The staff was very pleasant and the price was decent. When I come back, I will stay here again. My only concern is that the lobby still has 2nd hand smoke stuck to its carpets, hopefully that will be cleaned soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed there first week of July 2011. The hotel is recently renewed, so everything is clean and top. The room is quiet, the beds are very clean and comfy. Lots of appliances in the room, parking and internet is free; we did not pay a penny more than what we expected (no hidden charge). Very nice place to stay. More than the hotel, are the staff. The hotel employees are really professional and helpful. They have the answer to any question and also they have lots of information. In one word, you don't feel you look just like a "dollar sign" to hotel, you really feel like a customer that must be valued and respected, and you get it. The only negative point I noticed is the restaurant. Well the food is not bad. But we had 4 meals there and each time, we had to ask the personnel to change all our dishes and utensils because they were not clean.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Amooram
tilouis, Director of Sales at Hotel & Suites Normandin Quebec, responded to this review, 29 August 2011
Hello dear customer,
First, I want to thank you for having taken the time to share your recent experience with us. I am glad that you did appreicate the great comfort of our recently renovated rooms.I am also very proud about your comments on our staff professionalism and their helpful attitude. Be sure that your appreciation will be transmitted to all of our team. For the negative remarks about your visit at the on-site Normandin restaurant, I will make sure that they will be transmitted to the Restaurant Manager.

Sincerly yours.

Sales & Marketing Director
Montreal
Reviewed 13 March 2010

Decent hotel near freeway. Rooms would need to be refreshed but great value overall. Very nice continental breakfast.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Dudeneverstop
tilouis, Sales & Marketing Manager at Hotel & Suites Normandin Quebec, responded to this review, 15 March 2010
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments about our establishment. This is the kind of action that helps us keeping our product & service ahead of our guests satisfaction.

Please note that a major renovation of our regular section is already started and should be completed by the end of 2010.

Sales & Marketing Manager
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 12 March 2010

The Hotel Normadin in Quebec City, Canada has very nice accommodations if you have a large party, teenage children, or small children or are traveling on a budget. Breakfast is included and it is the make your own toast kind, pour your own cereal--but the breads are fresh as are the jams...and the coffee and tea are hot and fresh. The hotel is a little out of the way, so you need a car to get to the walled city or downtown, but it is only a few miles and not difficult to find. We found a lovely seafood restaurant nearby and at there twice. Also close is a gigantic mall with amusement rides and a skating rink...lots of great European type shops and boutiques. Everyone loved this! The staff at the Normandin were helpful and the rooms were exceptionally clean. Considering what other hotels in the area cost, this is a bargain--especially if you are more than two. We have stayed in the Chateau Frontenac (4-5 times) as well as the Royal William and these are top-notch establishments where we would stay again in a hearbeat...but the Normandin is there and we are glad...I would recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget--you don't lose in quality or hospitality.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank BeeMelissa
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience in our establishment. We always do our best as a team to keep our product & service ahead of all our guest satisfaction.

Your comments describe perfectly what a stay at the Hotel & Suites Normandin is. Nice accommodations, helpful staff, comfort and great value.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again for your next trip in Quebec City.

Sales & Marketing Manager
Quebec
Reviewed 9 September 2009

#I had a good time in the hotel.
#Beautiful room, spaces/excellent city view including highway from the hotel window
#Good breakfast with lots of choices
#Old quebec hardly 10 minutes drive from the hotel
#Normandin Resturant/Mcdonalds/Burger King/Scores Resturant/Tim Hortons/Food court/Shell gas station all close by(hardly 2 minutes walk)
#If available and if you are going with your friends, you have a choice of booking adjacent room with a passage door between the two rooms.(Make sure you are not talking too loud if your friend is not staying beside the adjacent room)
#Free WiFi
# Last but not the least, lot of free outdoor Hotel parking spaces

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank funkyguyinquebec
Quebec
Reviewed 31 March 2009

We stayed at the Normandin twice in the past and both stays were perfect in every way. The rooms were clean and the staff courteous. So, I hesitate to write this review, but since I originally went there based on positive reviews on TripAdvisor, I thought I owed this much to travellers.

This stay was different. A bug crawled out of the pillow case next to me. My husband and I captured it and brought it down to the front desk. After telling us that they call Maheu & Maheu (a well known local exterminator) when they have such a problem (yikes! not something I would have admitted to a customer, but anyway...), they switched us to another room at 11 p.m. (I suspected it was a bed bug. When I got home I checked what bed bugs look like online and it was indeed a bed bug. Keep in mind that, apparently, lots of top hotels have bed bug problems.)

I searched both rooms for other evidence of bed bugs and found absolutely no evidence at all. The mattresses and sheets were clean.

When we checked out after two nights, we thought we should get some sort of compensation for having to pack up and change rooms the first night and for the bed bug. The manager on duty didn't agree at all at first but finally gave us half off the first night when my husband was a little more insistent.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple