“DO NOT SLEEP HERE HAS BED BUGS”
Review of Hotel Le Voyageur

Hotel Le Voyageur
Ranked #39 of 120 Quebec City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This place has bed bugs!!! I stayed here for two nights. The first night my nephew got bit by bed bugs and we left our luggage on the floor. We told the front desk person that my nephew got bit by bed bugs and they said they will look into it. They then confirmed that our hotel room had bed bugs and changed our hotel room. We got into another hotel room right next to the bed bug hotel room. Once again we put our luggage down on the floor and then we left the next morning. I noticed I got bit by bed bugs the next morning on my arm. We picked up our luggage and then I took my camera case into my house which was infested with bed bugs. I now have bed bugs in my room and am extremely mad that we carried bed bugs home with us. I just sprayed chemicals in my room to treat the bedbugs. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL, THIS PLACE HAS BED BUGS!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank Richard Y

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed for 3 days in April - a great value for the price.

Although located in the suburbs, it was convenient (10 minutes) by car/taxi to the old town.

Room was large, clean & more than I expected. Housekeeping was on top of things, the Wifi was excellent & there was plenty of free parking. The continental breakfast was adequate - limited choices but convenient for a quick pick up & go type breakfast.

My only complaint would be the pool (or lack there of). The website advertised the indoor pool (& still does), yet we did not have access & the sign at check in indicated that it will not be available indefinitely.

This wasn't an issue for us, however, if you are a family with young children counting on the pool for a distraction or treat at the end of the day, you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JustMeOutLoud
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is ideal for those who are in transit, are not gonna to spend much time inside the hotel and just want to spare some money to spend at the touristic attractions. The bathroom is so-so, not plenty of space. The beds are cozy. I don't know why the air-conditioning handling is forbbiden to guests, maybe they use a central system instead. There is no microwave inside the bedroom, but you can use the one placed in front of the restaurant, underground, which by the way is quite spacious and has got continuous reposition for breakfast items. The attention there on the front desk was good, but later on I have to e-mail them for checking some information to me in their computer and got a quick answer only for the first of my two questions. The pool was not working and they didn't inform that before. Aside from that, it's more than ok.

Room Tip: Downstairs is better (I haven't seen any elevator). You can park in front of your window, may w...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tadpolewizard
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Locted 5 minutes by car from Old Quebec City, the hotel was located in the middle of the suburb area. Old hotel but well maintained. Very big rooms and relatively clean. Bathroom was clean also. Cannot really complain for the price we paid for. Definitely not the Hilton but I will not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Well it's not the Hilton, but it doesn't have the Hilton price tag neither.
The rooms were clean, although I did notice a couple of the towels were either dirty or stained, not sure. As someone else here mentioned it's had a recent reno, although I would call it more of a spruce up.
One big disappointment when we got there, the pool was out of commission due to some problem, kind of a bummer for my 7 year old who loves to swim, but hey this kind of stuff does happen.
The room divider between beds is a really nice feature (French doors), especially with kids who go to bed earlier than the adults.
The location is good as far as distance to Old Quebec (5 minutes drive), but the neighbourhood it self isn't the nicest.
The Continental breakfast was nothing special but adequate (not much variety).
When we first walked in to the lobby there's a strong smell of smoke, but I quickly realized it was probably due to the bar attached to the lobby, the room itself was fine.
Overall with strong consideration on price I would say it was a decent place to stay.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank 6stringvince
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here for one night on our way to a family ski trip in the area. This hotel is a great value, with large rooms that we found clean and well kept for a great price. The staff were all very friendly. A help yourself breakfast (very simple and basic) is included, which makes the start to the day quick and easy. The hotel has a pool too, which looked like fun for the kids (but we did not get a chance to use as we arrived fairly late). We found Hotel Le Voyageur to be everything that we would expect from a roadside hotel (although it looks and feels a bit more like a large motel). We did find that sound travels from room to room here, so we could hear most others near us getting up in the morning - you may want to consider this if you like to sleep in and stay during a busy time. Over-all though we had a great stay and will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel is located in a residential area, close to the old Quebec City. The staff is friendly.The rooms are large, clean, and they have a fridge and coffee maker. They offered free parking, free internet and a free good breakfast. I will recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Quebec City since it is a short drive to the old area and Parliament.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple