“GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec
Ranked #76 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed in this hotel between 15.06.2012 - 18.06.2012 and basically used it as a place to stay while we toured around Quebec. There were 2 young ladies at the front desk when we arrived (one dark haired and the other a redhead) and they were absolutely charming. There was a problem with a double booking for us which they sorted out immediately and then continued to answer all our questions - exactly what is expected from front of house staff. They also advised us about sightseeing in Quebec. The room was adequate for our needs - you get what you pay for which was an average room for an average price in an otherwise expensive city.
There were no bedbugs, no noise and nothing for us to complain about - a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
danniecaron, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

We thank you for your comment about our hotel. We take all comments in order to improve our services and facilities. We are really proud about our staff front desk and we will congratulate them!

Hoping to see you during your next stay in Quebec city!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I was in QC for 5 days for my Hospitality and tourism trip. I stayed at this hotel and had a horrible experience... We arrived on the Thursday and thought it was relitively clean... wake up the next morning and I had a couple of bug bites on my legs... I instantly knew they were bed bug bites. My teachers told me to wait and see if I get more. I slept in the same room for the second night, I woke up the next morning and my body was coverd in bed bug bites (arms, legs, face, hands, backside and neck)!!! We advised the front desk and while we were gone for the day touring around we got back at the hotel and our beds were stripped. Front desk changed us rooms because as soon as they checked they said the beds and all materials were covered in bugs. As soon as we got in our NEW room the 3 girls whom I was sharing with for the trip decided to check both beds carefuly, removing all blanquets and such, we still weren't
sure. So we called our two teachers and they agreed, when all 6 of us were checking the beds their were urine and mensteation stains so we made the people at the front desk change
The 2 beds immediatly, while we were still in the room. Finaly the comotion was over for the night, we went out and had a great time. We slept in our "clean" bed and new room. I woke up the next morning with MORE bites... we left for the day and when we came back in the afternoon we went up to our room and all of our belongings were gone and the beds were stripped again. We went downstairs to the front desk right away and they wouldn't tell us where our things were just that we needed to have a conference call with the hotel owner. She tried telling us that we were responsible for bringing in the bed bugs when we had already spent the day researching bed bugs... Turns out that the Holiday Inn from right across the street has them and a guest who was staying at that hotel got them and transferd over to the Ambassadeure which is probably where it all started. We also learnt that it takes 6-17 days for the eggs to hatch so it's impossible that we brought them with us to the hotel. They were already there! We finaly got our last room assigned to us which was a complete downgrade from all the rooms we had gotten during our stay! It was extremely dirty house keeping clearly hadn't cleaned it because their was a dirty pair of mens boxers on the floor that didn't belong to us!!!! We were extremely disapointed with our stay. We willnever go back again. If you stay at this hotel please make sure you check your room for bED BuGS!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms with a balcony are infested with bed bugs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank Michelle d
danniecaron, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear traveler,

A big thank you for Your review, since its reading we convened the team and re-organized household household tasks according to stricter criteria.
Of course, we present our apologies for this stay hard with us and we guarantee that we arrange for such adventures not happen again.

We took this hotel since a short time and we are trying, since several months, to change its image and regain the reputation and quality of his debut.
For this, we are renovating a large part of the hotel and we recruit qualified staff but sometimes, despite our best efforts, accidents happen.
That's why we consult assiduously feedback from our customers.

We present again our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I want to warn others about something to beware of with this hotel. I had a great experience for the first three nights of my stay but the last one was horrible and the hotel desk manager refused to do anything. Here’s what happened…

They do a lot of business with large groups on buses and many of these are juvenile groups like high schools or middle schools. It makes sense due to their large parking lot and being just outside the city. On my fourth night, at 10:30 PM an invasion of middle school boys rushed into the hotel and were running up and down the halls making a commotion with lasted about an hour. During that time, one boy pounded on my door waking myself and my daughter up until I opened it and he realized I was not in his group. By 11:30 PM they were generally settled but I kept hearing a pounding on the walls, especially on the one between my room (311) and the next room (315). My daughter, 14 years old, later explained they were probably trying to communicate with other rooms. Pounding, yelling, and occasional crashing kept going on until finally at 1 AM, I went out and knocked on the other room’s door. It suddenly got quiet but no answer. I went back to bed thinking that may have done the trick but it started up again. At 1:30 AM I decided to go to the front desk and complain. I found they had stationed a security guard (a teenager) with the group at the end of the hall. He suggested waiting another 20 mins to see if it would stop. At 1:30 AM, I had had enough so I went to the front desk but the man there said I had to resolve this with the security guard posted and he would do nothing. I said this was unacceptable but he just shrugged. Having received no help I went back to my room and the noise did not stop until about 3 AM. The next morning just before 8 AM, I was awoken by a boy looking for his friends. This happed two more times before the group left at 9 AM.

If you value your sleep, I recommend you steer clear of this hotel. If you are looking for a place suited to a large group of juveniles, this is the place for you. It’s too bad because it is a nice hotel but individual guests are at the mercy of the buses.

Room Tip: Avoid if you are not in a large group.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Bryan C
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for taking your time to put your comment, I am glad to see that you enjoyed most of your stay. We are very sorry for the inconvenient that the group tour cause on your last night with us, unfortunately it was out of our control, since then, new procedures are established. The new management are putting everything in place so that all of our client’s have a memorable stay.

Hope we will see you soon.
Best Regards

Reviewed 20 June 2012

I was booked in with FOUR groups of touring teens, and my room was right in with theirs. They screamed and yelled and were up at all hours--it took Security three hours to respond, and even then they only cleared the halls an left the kids in their rooms hootin and hollerin. Then they all got UP before 6 am and did the same for 2.5 solid hours. My response when I called the front desk was "They're leaving soon, I can offer you free breakfast." So I got NO SLEEP right before a long drive across Canada, and was offered NO satisfactory response. Plus, when I moved a chair, there was trash and a drink still left behind it from some previous occupant, and then the maids themselves made incredible noise when cleaning, so I coulnd't relax even AFTER the kids left. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Room Tip: Ask for a solarium room, and one AWAY FROM THE METAL STAIRS
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 996candy
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Good day,

I want to thank you on behalf of the Ambassadeur Hotel & Suites and staff for taking the time to give some feedback on your stay. We thank you for your comment about our hotel. We take all comments in order to improve our services and facilities.

We are very sorry about the inconvenient. The team did everything they could minimise the noises; It is true that we have groups but we always try to isolate them as much as possible to reduce the noise they could make. All groups has security to supervise them with a 11pm curfew

In hoping to welcome you again in our hotel.

Regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2012

The room was clean. The bathroom had cracked tiles in the shower and the grout around the tub was missing and what was not missing was dark brown with mildew. The last night at the hotel there were six intoxicated teenagers in the hot tub with glass beer bottles.

Room Tip: If other hotels in the area have rooms I would chose them.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Carolynn D, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Good day,
we are so sorry for your bathroom issue, bathroom have been re done this week, it will be our pleasure to have you back at our establishment to show you that your case was a unique one and our room is great. hope to you you soon !

Reviewed 13 October 2011

hotel ok (has music bar ) location not great and beware of hotel " restuarant "we got a terrible waiter and food that appeared to be pre heated and not cheap/. "spells trouble//."

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I stay there with my mom every two summers for a few nights, and it is always a good place to sleep. I admit they don't seem to ever complete there renovations but the rooms are big: two queen-size beds, a spacious bathroom, and our last room even had a balcony looking at the inside pool. The hotel has quite a few restaurants around it: Mike's, and Cora are among them. With their free parking, it is easy to leave the car there and to catch the bus for Old Quebec. It is also really easy to drive from there to Old Quebec in a few minutes (so close to the highway and yet it is very quiet) and to park at the Carré d'Youville. They seem to cater more and more to groups. That being said, the front desk clerks were very nice and made sure to put us in a room away from the big groups.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family