“Go for the pool”

Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec
Ranked #77 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Hotel Ambassadeur is worth it for the pool and price. Breakfast was not included as I had read in other reviews. No fridge or microwave in the room. Since I was traveling with my two children long distance in the car, the pool was a must. Since breakfast was not included, I would not choose this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank obrienstahly
danniecaron, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Dear guest, thank you very much for writing this review. We are happy to hear from you, especially to find out that you enjoyed your stay and found our indoor pool a must.
As far as breakfast, it is indeed not included, however it is possible to take it at the hotel, and there are also many options for breakfast very close to the hotel.

Again, thank you very much, and we hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

When you book DIRECTLY using the hotel`s own booking system AND you get a confirmation back from same hotel with your reservation you don`t expect any screwups. WRONG. This hotel not only DIDN`T have our booking but insisted I gave them my confirmation number, AND then when they couldn`t find that made me open my computer to show them the email I received. All the while talking in French to each other and TOTALLY ignoring my husband and I. We had been travelling all day so were extremely tired, which we shared with reception who NEVER apologized or to date have bothered to explain what happened. We did take this up with the Manager Gena, who was apologetic promising us that she would email and explain AND offer us something to make up for everything that happened. How foolish I was to believe her. Then to add insult to injury I received a "Thank you hope you enjoyed your stay" email supposidly from her... REALLY???? Also, beware, their pool and hot tub are dangerous! No rail on the side and the first step into the hot tub was so deep I twisted my ankle. Just thankful others were in there to assist me.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
danniecaron, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear guest, thank you for writing this review.

We do apologize for the problems you encountered at check-in. We think you are entitled to express your dissatisfaction and we understand it ; we are sincerely sorry.
However, as you wrote it, our manager did meet with you and agreed to send you a letter and a gift certificate, which was done right away.
After your stay, you later on contacted us to let us know you had not yet received your gift certificate. We asked you to contact us again if you were not going to get the gift certificate in the following days, and that we would send you another one.

We do feel we tried our best to make up for the inconvenience, and if there is something else we can do for you, please let us know.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We usually prefer hotels in old Quebec, but we wanted to make a less expensive trip this time. This hotel is about 5km from old quebec so we thought it was worth it, especially given the price we got. Nice surprise. Hotel is pretty fair. We got a room right next to the pool, which was pretty convenient. The bar is not really welcoming though. We kinda felt pushed since the waitress said she decided to close early that night. All in all, a nice place to stay when you don't want to spend too much.

Room Tip: When booking directly with the hotel, you can get a room with a balcony on the pool (for those inter...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MtlTraveler01
danniecaron, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear guest, thank you very much for writing this review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Hôtel Ambassadeur. We are indeed located very close to the old city, which makes us a good choice for people who don't want to have to worry about parking downtown.

We do take note of your comment about the bar and we thank you for it.

Again, thank you, and we hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I in general hate hotels where you can't open a window - it makes me feel like suffocating in the night. Even worse, if the first room they offered smelled smoky (although it was supposed to be a non-smoking room), and the second one where we were finally placed was in the top floor, close to the main air condition that was humming all night, and a chamber a/c that was so loud you had the choice of either not sleep because of the noise or because of the hot and stifling air. Even worse, the rest of the floor was full with teenagers (the hotel seems to be especially popular with big low-budget groups). Well, I guess this is still considered Quebec City, although it is in a suburb; but for the price I'd usually expect more.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you very much for reviewing your stay at Hôtel Ambassadeur Québec. We are sorry your room did not meet your expectations. We do hope you let our front desk personnel know so they could try to accommodate you or offer you another room, if there was availability.

As for the location, our hotel is in the Beauport district, one of the many districts of Québec City, just east of the city center.

Again, thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed in the executive suite which was very nice. It included a jacuzzi tub and electric fireplace. The view wasn't great, but that was ok. The first night we slept on pillows that were the most lumpy pillows I've ever slept on, so I left a note and we got better ones the next day. They still weren't comfortable though. I wished we could have a microwave in the room as we were staying a week and it would have been nice to have cooked some food. The pool area was fabulous and we visited it every day. The people at the front desk were very nice and the hotel was very clean.This hotel is located just a short walk from a bus stop as well, which is convenient. It's located near several restaurants and is only a short drive from the city.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
danniecaron, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for this review. We are happy you got to enjoy your stay with us, especially since you seem to have been able to enjoy our indoor pool and spa.
We are glad your problem with your pillows could be worked out, thank you for reaching out. We will transmit your good comments to our front desk personnel.

Again, thank you, and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Just back from a 2 night stay at this hotel.
I think we got one of their better rooms, on the ground floor opening out to a very appealing atrium with a heated indoor pool and a jacuzzi.
It was clean and tidy: no real complaints.
Breakfast was included but was very basic.
We were there with a school trip group so it was very busy and noisy at times.
Although it's out of the city centre, there are restaurants handy.
Mike's Restaurant across the road was good.
3 dollars gets you a bus ride into the city.
Would we stay again?
Probably not.

Room Tip: I think our room was 146 but ask for a ground floor room opening out onto the pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for this review.
We are glad to see you appreciated your room and the location of the hotel in general.
Our atrium is indeed probably one of our main assets ; we hope you could enjoy it.

Again, thank you very much, and we hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We stayed last Friday night and I was a bit disappointed in Executive suite I purchased. The big screen TV was worn out, Towels were shredded and the hot tub was filthy. I would suggest a bit more attention to the more expensive rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
danniecaron, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay at our hotel.
We are glad to hear from you and to get your feedback about the cleanliness and comfort of your suite. We do take it seriously and will make sure everything is taken care of.

Again, thank you for your review,we hope to see you again.