I was married here, so I have fond memories of this place. Their staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. We were upgraded to a suite and it was a lovely stay as we had floor to ceiling windows with a view of the St. Lawrence river. I wish we could have stayed longer.
I'm a native Floridian and so I was excited to see they had an indoor pool. However, this pool was absolutely freezing for me. The native Canadians seemed to enjoy it. So, beware, if you're used to a warmer climate, this pool may be too cold for you. I found the hot tub to be absolutely enjoyable and it's where I spent a majority of my pool time. The atrium is absolutely lovely.
There were many nights that we enjoyed dinner at Chez Greco, which is the onsite restaurant. They have fantastic prices and food. The hotel is right next to a Cora's and if you've never been, you need to go there for breakfast. Across the street is a sports bar.
The staff seems to be bilingual. My husband is fluent in French and he did most of the talking, but they did attempt to speak to me in English when they saw me by myself, which wasn't often.
Try and get a room on the 4th floor. The views are fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec offers 145 rooms where everything is close by. Located in front of St.Lawrence River, the Hotel Ambassadeur is only a five minutes drive to Old Quebec. The Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec offers a surprising view on Quebec City and the Beauport Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassadeur Quebec Hotel
- Ambassadeur Quebec Beauport
- Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec Quebec City