I found hotel using Hotwire $96 all in. Wanted something close to old Quebec but didn't want the price of too close. This was a perfect spot, 5 minute drive to where all the action is.
Front desk female very friendly and spoke great English. I asked for ground floor as I am very pregnant in case of emergency. We were told no as the ground floor is considered superior rooms and as we bought through Hotwire this in not what we paid for.( but offered me extra pillows, thoughtful )
Fine, no harm in asking. As we got into the elevator to go to the second floor the staff stopped us and said she had made an error with our room. Took the keys and told us we had been upgraded to a superior room on ground floor.
It was very nice of her and very much appreciated.
The room was nice, recently renovated and worth $100 but nothing "superior" about it.
I am guessing that all of the negative reviews are coming from the non superior rooms so I can't comment on those.
We would defiantly stay here again as long as we had this type of room.
If you have kids there is a great indoor pool area and splash pad looked like fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec offers 145 rooms where everything is close by. Located in front of St.Lawrence River, the Hotel Ambassadeur is only a five minutes drive to Old Quebec. The Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec offers a surprising view on Quebec City and the Beauport Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassadeur Quebec Hotel
- Ambassadeur Quebec Beauport
- Hotel Ambassadeur Quebec Quebec City