“Would definitely pass it up”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of La Cache a Champlain - CLOSED

La Cache a Champlain
Cuisines: Italian, French, American, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
illinois
“Would definitely pass it up”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Nice little location on terrace beside stairs. Service was borderline incompetent. Food mediocre. Can get much better at many places nearby such as Sous Le Fort

• Visited June 2014
Julie A, Propriétaire at La Cache a Champlain, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
The restaurant your talking about is not ours because we weren't open that day it was the first one in the stairs that offers microwaved chicken .
Could you please take your comment away.

Lauderhill, Florida
“Best mussels ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Walking through Old Quebec, one finds restaurants around every corner. We were taking the stairs up to the upper town, and this place was on the steps. They had mussels, and my wife is a nut for mussels, so we gave it a try.
She pronounced the mussels the best she'd ever had (and that includes a lot of places). Just the classic muniere in white wine, but so utterly fresh and plum and flavorful! I had a pepperoni pizza with three cheeses--nothing special, but even not-special pizza is really good (though what is called pepperoni in Quebec is something else...close enough for jazz, but different from both the US and Italy). And, of course, being in Quebec, the pizza came with fries.
We sat outside, got to do some great people watching on the steps traffic. Server was uncertain in his English, (but way better than my rudimentary French), but was friendly and efficient. An unexpected pleasure!

• Visited May 2014
Quebec City, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went for the mussels and fries, which were fantastic! My husband opted for the deer and duck ravioli which blew his mind! This is a romantic spot with one of the best views of lower town. Not to mention the service was fantastic with polite and quick staff! A must to visit!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Brittney K
Ottawa, Canada
“Not impressed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We took the $79 special for two. Shrimp with pear appetizer was deceiving. 15 minutes in our meal I find out that they did not have duck to do the deer and duck ravioli I ordered. Seafood linguini included a few mussels and maybe 3-4 very small shrimps. After eating Aux Anciens Canadiens and au Lapin Sauté (which were 4/5), this was very deceiving. Never again.

• Visited April 2014
Julie A, Propriétaire at La Cache a Champlain, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
I am sorry sir that you are deceived with your order I am the owner and if I was advised I would of gladely do something about it. I would appreciate you call me 418 694 4419 Thank you very much.