“Great gem in Vieux Quebec”

Auberge Saint-Antoine
Ranked #5 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I took my husband there for the weekend as a Xmas present - we went January 14th, it was absolutely freezing but sunny. The hotel was above our expectations, the rooms top notch and service as well. We stayed in for dinner because of the cold and ate at their first class restaurant - pricy but well worth it. We really spoiled ourselves that weekend and the hotel was the best part. We would definetely go back and stay longer.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TopParis
Write a ReviewReviews (2,228)

Reviewed 18 January 2012

It is not my first time in this auberge, but I have to say again nothing to say all was perfect. I actually like that they added a Nespresso machine into the room, because being a coffee fanatic at least I know when staying there that I will have my pleasure satisfied. Again the restaurant stays on top and the only critic I would have is the wine list where the wine are kind of over the top, I do not know if it their doing or the fact that it is a monopoly in Quebec but I think they must find a way to put on the wine list some small good wines at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: no tips, all the rooms I have tried where just perfect
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pdnirc
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This hotel is that rare place....expensive and worth it. I celebrated my 83rd birthday there with my son, in July 2010, and my 84th, in July 2011, this time with my wife, daughter-in-law and 2 grandchildren. The Auberge has the look and feel of a small Inn, though it is much larger than you would imagine. Its location is perfect, down at the lower part of the city, almost on the river. The rooms in the newer wings are lovely, well equipped, and the staff is on top of everything. Do avail yourself of the interesting free tour of the hotel and its surrounding area. I had one breakfast at the lovely restaurant that is part of the Auberge....there are so many excellent restaurants within easy walking distance. The hotel offers a 10% discount for AAA/CAA members.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank mlwFortLee_Nj
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We cant fault this hotel. The staff are fantastic, the hotel is peaceful, very clean, comfortable. We stayed in January, snowy freezing weather. So comfortable. Not cheap, but if you are looking for somewhere worth the money, this is the place to be. Surrounded by great restaurants. The hotel restaurant Panache has a fantastic reputation, but wasn't for us - our only disappointment.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Cheryllaw
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is a high end boutique hotel that is truly lovely. We arrived early and our room was not ready, but the front desk staff did everything they could to make us feel welcomed, and to help us store our luggage.
It is situated in the heart of the old quarter of Quebec and so it is an easy walk to many tourist spots such as the funicular, the Musee de La Civilization, boutiques, restaurants, the fort, etc..
The food is truly excellent and we were so impressed with the care that was taken to ensure that our dietary needs were met. The Vegan members of our family thoroughly enjoyed the delicious and creatively presented meal.
The fire lit seating areas near the front desk are pleasant and relaxed spots to take a glass of wine or a pot of tea.
The rooms were comfortable and we enjoyed the added touches such as the excellent coffee, chocolates and cookies.
The gym and spa area was a clean and quiet place to work off some of Quebec's fine cuisine.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We flew in late from Toronto and our room had a lovely meal prepared for our arrival. Concierges were wonderful with great advice (local food market near the river, for example). The breakfast was superb, although highly caloric! Right next to the Musée de La Civilization in the old quarter of lovely Quebec, we were lucky to catch a History of Rome and the World's Religions exhibitions. Excellent tasting menu dinner at the Le Panache hotel restaurant. We had a gorgeous 'Luxe Terrasse King' room with an outdoor deck with a river view...lovely attention to detail you even have a unique historical gem within the room as part of the decor. My wife and I loved Quebec and look forward to coming back in the future to Auberge Saint-Antoine!

Room Tip: River View was nice, but not exceptional as there is a big car park right in front.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2011

This hotel is quite nice; unique, full of character, and in a great location for exploring the old town. If we came back to QC, we absolutely would stay again. Our favorite part of the visit (by far) was riding bikes all day on Orleans Island--and stopping along the way for drinks and snacks. Had the concierge not recommended it, we would have missed out on this excursion.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple