“Outstanding boutique hotel”

Auberge Saint-Antoine
Ranked #5 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for 3 days during the winter carnival. We could not have been more pleased. Conveniently located, it blends some of the old architecture with new modern style and conveniences. The staff were all quite pleasant and helpful. Nice touches with turndown service, welcome gifts and homemade baked goods upon departure. Although our room and bathroom were a bit small, the view over the river was great. We would highly recommend this hotel for couples, families or business.

There are newer reviews for Auberge Saint-Antoine

Reviewed 3 February 2012

We stayed here for two nights prior to a Canada/New England cruise. We enjoyed the setting and history of Quebec City, and the Auberge Saint-Antoine was very fitting and appropriate for that. It is a very well restored hotel, and much larger than we expected from their website. Service was very attentive and their restaurant is highly recommended for all meals - morning, noon and night! Ours was a mid-price room and the view was not much, but the ammenities were very nice. We're not sure any view is long lasting as some other cruise ships are so large they cut off the horizon. It was a very nice choice and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 77,027
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Great location! Wonderful decor. Restaurant Panache is amazing. Rooms are clean, bright and spacious. Best of all is the amazing staff who can't help you enough. They are wonderful and we had a terrific time here; will not stay anywhere else while visiting Vieux Quebec.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

I took my husband there for the weekend as a Xmas present - we went January 14th, it was absolutely freezing but sunny. The hotel was above our expectations, the rooms top notch and service as well. We stayed in for dinner because of the cold and ate at their first class restaurant - pricy but well worth it. We really spoiled ourselves that weekend and the hotel was the best part. We would definetely go back and stay longer.

1  Thank TopParis
Reviewed 18 January 2012

It is not my first time in this auberge, but I have to say again nothing to say all was perfect. I actually like that they added a Nespresso machine into the room, because being a coffee fanatic at least I know when staying there that I will have my pleasure satisfied. Again the restaurant stays on top and the only critic I would have is the wine list where the wine are kind of over the top, I do not know if it their doing or the fact that it is a monopoly in Quebec but I think they must find a way to put on the wine list some small good wines at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: no tips, all the rooms I have tried where just perfect
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pdnirc
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This hotel is that rare place....expensive and worth it. I celebrated my 83rd birthday there with my son, in July 2010, and my 84th, in July 2011, this time with my wife, daughter-in-law and 2 grandchildren. The Auberge has the look and feel of a small Inn, though it is much larger than you would imagine. Its location is perfect, down at the lower part of the city, almost on the river. The rooms in the newer wings are lovely, well equipped, and the staff is on top of everything. Do avail yourself of the interesting free tour of the hotel and its surrounding area. I had one breakfast at the lovely restaurant that is part of the Auberge....there are so many excellent restaurants within easy walking distance. The hotel offers a 10% discount for AAA/CAA members.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank mlwFortLee_Nj
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We cant fault this hotel. The staff are fantastic, the hotel is peaceful, very clean, comfortable. We stayed in January, snowy freezing weather. So comfortable. Not cheap, but if you are looking for somewhere worth the money, this is the place to be. Surrounded by great restaurants. The hotel restaurant Panache has a fantastic reputation, but wasn't for us - our only disappointment.

• Stayed: January 2012