“A treat for all the senses!”

Auberge Saint-Antoine
Ranked #4 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I took a long trip to Caribbean in February so we did not plan on taking a honeymoon but the day of the wedding we decided to book a few nights away.
A friend recommended Quebec CIty and we said, "Why not?". Well based on tripadvisor we picked the Auberge Saint Antoine. I can not begin to tell you how wonderful the hotel and staff was. I am an absolute hotel snob! My saying is, "It does not cost more to go first class. You just can't stay as long". This was so far beyond my expectations I was shocked.
The staff was positively wonderful. They went over and above in every department. From the moment we drove up the valets and bellamen were so sweet and welcoming. The reception was outstanding and gave us every possible level of assistance possible. Even helping me to learn a few basic french words so I could make an effort with others. We were taken to our room and it was wonderful. #401. From the expresso machine, bose sound system, large tv, to the positively dreamy bed to a luxurious bath with a huge shower with multiple shower heads to the large soaking tub and a flat screen tv to watch while in a bubble bath. Lovely! We were brought handmade chocolates and champagne wih turn down service and handwritten notes left by guest relations congratulating us on our wedding. Each evening you are given the next day's weather forecast at turn down which is such a nice little added touch. We purchased the romantic package so we enjoyed massages, a wonderful dinner and breakfast. The massage technicians, both named Emily were wonderful. I told them thay had to come home with us or I would have to move to Quebec City. Very sweet! I do not wanted to leave out housekeeping, because they keep the hotel spotless.
This hotel intrigues you at every corner. Architectural details from the beautiful stonework and large rustic beams in Panache restaurant to the contemporary areas in the lobby. There are beautiful artifacts around the hotel. Each room is dedicated to an artifact and you get to learn the history by reading bits and pieces about them around the hotel.
The best way I can describe the food is unexpected. We ordered our meals and when they came each course was beautifully presented. But, with each bite, your senses were so excited and surprised that we would have our mouths open with awe awaiting the next bite. I do not dare to attempt to describe the different courses for fear of butchering the creations the chef made but put your trust in the fabulous staff, they will guide you through a wonderful culinary adventure. Please, if you are a chocolate lover... ask for "chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate" for dessert. It was several kinds of desserts with different chocolate elements. One being a pot of hot melted chocolate to dip fresh churros in. My husband put it on everything. We are both chocoholics. You have not lived until you try the ice cream.
If you are at all curious about some of the history, I went through the hotel website and it teaches you bits and pieces about the history or Quebec City. Very interesting.
We just loved every minute. 4 days was not nearly enough and I am already looking to scheduled our next visit. So much to see and do!
Thank you so very much for a wonderful honeymoon. You made it so incredibly memorable and worth cherishing for a lifetime. Merci!

Room Tip: Room 401 is frshly renovated and beautiful!
4  Thank Laurie G
There are newer reviews for Auberge Saint-Antoine

Reviewed 29 May 2012

This was my first visit to Quebec City with my newlywed and we loved the location, the cleanliness of the room with all it's new amenities such as heated bathroom floors, dual sinks, multi-head shower with glass doors, TV in bathroom, Bose stereo in bedroom. Just perfect as it overlooks the Saint Lawrence River. The Hotel was also fantastic, food top-shelf, service very professional and friendly. We met some great people. Be prepared to do a lot of walking, some of the streets are very steep or take a cab or horse and buggy. There are many great sites to see around the old city, buildings dating back hundreds of years with wonderful architecture and numerous shops and restaurants to interest anyone's palate. There is a magnificent Museum nearby that is a definite must to take in as well as Ferry rides across the River. We both agree that we would go back again and you will too.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I realize I would get an argument from most of the reviewers, but I honestly was not overwhelmed by this hotel.
Here's why: We booked a room with a terrace, the on-line site promising either a view of the river or the old town. I was assured at check-in, that we were really fortunate, because our room had both. Well, sort of. Peering down the narrow street one way, you caught a glimpse of water. But if you turned 90 degrees, you looked directly at a construction site, the building opposite covered by tarps. Very romantic.
Speaking of which, I am at a loss to understand the gushing over this being a romantic hotel. The lobby is pedestrian, with no particular charm. And the rooms (the next night we transferred to one with a much improved city view) are all right. Presumably lovers are too busy to notice the 10-year-old flat screen tvs and not overly-comfortable beds.
All that said, the hotel gets a very good rating because the location is superb, all the lower town sites a stroll away and the funicular (or steps to the upper town) a short walk away. As well, the almost entirely young staff is outstanding, constantly pleasant and eager to please. Another plus is the casual dining area on the lower level, which turns out excellent and reasonably priced food.
Make no mistake, this is a first-class hotel. However, when you are paying more than $300 a night, Auberge Saint-Antoine has to be held to an even higher standard.

Room Tip: Stay away from the construction next door
6  Thank Exscribe
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I spent three days in a deluxe room.
The hotel is in old Quebec, close to St Laurent, perfectly located in a calm area with plenty of ancient buildings. It has a valet parking, quite useful in this area.
It is an outstanding member of "Relais et Chateaux " and excels in delivering a constant high level service.
We had a warm and efficient welcome from the reception. Our room was located on 6th floor, and had a terrace with a great view on Chateau Frontenac. The bathroom is huge and efficient in all details (for example, a no-condensation mirror) and heated floor). Free WiFi with perfect performance.
The interior design is very refined and soberly luxurious.
The restaurant "Le Panache" delivers fine food and has an outstanding wine list; I even discovered a good Canadian wine (Tawse Chardonnay) ! If you get tired of "haute cuisine" (that comes with a cost), there are plenty of good small restaurants at walking distance.
Breakfast is simply perfect.
Also, a very pleasant bar/lounge, where the barmen know how to mix a drink and with rare whiskies.
An absolute must if you visit Quebec.

3  Thank Paulklib
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We stayed at Auberge Saint-Antoine from the 11th until the 14th May
Our accommodation was excellent, a spacious bedroom and bathroom which on our travels was luxurious
Frequently accommodation on offer at de-luxe or junior suite status is small and restricted
Auberge Saint-Antoine was a welcome haven for us during our stay in Quebec
The Hotel is a family enterprise and great care has been taken to identify,date and preserve artefacts unearthed in site works on reconstruction of an extension. The result is interesting for visitors and it is attractive and unique
Panache ,which is the hotel restaurant is outstanding and we believe is one of the best restaurants in the Province of Quebec.
The staff are efficient,friendly and extended a warm welcome to us on our first visit and when we returned on the20th May
Genie the concierge assisted us with our enquiries above and beyond the call of duty and without exception everyone made our trip to the city memorable
I have had two world class manicures and pedicures on my trips abroad and I consider myself to have the experience of an expert! The first one was 10 years ago in the Clarins Institute in Switzerland the second one wS with Melodie in the Auberge Saint-Antoine
This hotel I recommend without reservation to visit,stay,dine and have a beauty treatment
We hope to return again and to enjoy an exceptional level of hospitality

Room Tip: The 6th Floor
1  Thank Interested20
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This is the most romantic hotel we have ever stayed in. Our room was beautiful with a view of the harbor. The bed and bedding were extraordinarily comfortable. The bathroom had a tub and a shower and its floor was heated. The hotel supplied plush robes and towels. The room included umbrellas (which happpily we did not need). At room entry and in the desk inside the room were displays ofvartifacts found during excavation of the site. There were many other artifacts displayed around the hotel. The hotel has nooks and crannys where one can sit by a fire, talk or get lost in a book. The location by the waterfront and galleries can't be beat. And the concierge helped us with a wonderful itinerary for our stay.

1  Thank Old_guy_and_wife_11
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Auberge Saint Antione is in my top 5 hotels anywhere. The rooms are fantastic. I LOVE the history behind the decor. The restaurant is one of the best places I've ever eaten. The beds are incredibly comfortable (and the pillows!) The bathrooms are great. The location is great down by the water. Everyone thinks of the Fairmont, but this is really the best place to stay. I can't wait to go back. ....I love Quebec City too.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple