My husband and I took a long trip to Caribbean in February so we did not plan on taking a honeymoon but the day of the wedding we decided to book a few nights away.
A friend recommended Quebec CIty and we said, "Why not?". Well based on tripadvisor we picked the Auberge Saint Antoine. I can not begin to tell you how wonderful the hotel and staff was. I am an absolute hotel snob! My saying is, "It does not cost more to go first class. You just can't stay as long". This was so far beyond my expectations I was shocked.
The staff was positively wonderful. They went over and above in every department. From the moment we drove up the valets and bellamen were so sweet and welcoming. The reception was outstanding and gave us every possible level of assistance possible. Even helping me to learn a few basic french words so I could make an effort with others. We were taken to our room and it was wonderful. #401. From the expresso machine, bose sound system, large tv, to the positively dreamy bed to a luxurious bath with a huge shower with multiple shower heads to the large soaking tub and a flat screen tv to watch while in a bubble bath. Lovely! We were brought handmade chocolates and champagne wih turn down service and handwritten notes left by guest relations congratulating us on our wedding. Each evening you are given the next day's weather forecast at turn down which is such a nice little added touch. We purchased the romantic package so we enjoyed massages, a wonderful dinner and breakfast. The massage technicians, both named Emily were wonderful. I told them thay had to come home with us or I would have to move to Quebec City. Very sweet! I do not wanted to leave out housekeeping, because they keep the hotel spotless.
This hotel intrigues you at every corner. Architectural details from the beautiful stonework and large rustic beams in Panache restaurant to the contemporary areas in the lobby. There are beautiful artifacts around the hotel. Each room is dedicated to an artifact and you get to learn the history by reading bits and pieces about them around the hotel.
The best way I can describe the food is unexpected. We ordered our meals and when they came each course was beautifully presented. But, with each bite, your senses were so excited and surprised that we would have our mouths open with awe awaiting the next bite. I do not dare to attempt to describe the different courses for fear of butchering the creations the chef made but put your trust in the fabulous staff, they will guide you through a wonderful culinary adventure. Please, if you are a chocolate lover... ask for "chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate" for dessert. It was several kinds of desserts with different chocolate elements. One being a pot of hot melted chocolate to dip fresh churros in. My husband put it on everything. We are both chocoholics. You have not lived until you try the ice cream.
If you are at all curious about some of the history, I went through the hotel website and it teaches you bits and pieces about the history or Quebec City. Very interesting.
We just loved every minute. 4 days was not nearly enough and I am already looking to scheduled our next visit. So much to see and do!
Thank you so very much for a wonderful honeymoon. You made it so incredibly memorable and worth cherishing for a lifetime. Merci!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than a boutique hotel, Auberge Saint-Antoine is a window on Québec City’s past. Hundreds of artifacts from both the French and English regimes were discovered during an extensive archaeological dig on the property. In this unique contemporary space, the past has been audaciously re-interpreted for you to savour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Auberge Saint-Antoine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Saint-Antoine Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge Saint Antoine Quebec City
- Auberge St Antoine
- Auberge Saint-Antoine Quebec/Quebec City