If you are looking for the perfect winter get away, this is it. Very well located in lower town, across from the Museum of Civilization and lower town's best restaurants and galleries - this hotel has it all and more. The environment is warm and relaxing. I enjoyed a beer next to a roaring fire, in a private nook, while catching up on the news thanks to the free wifi.
The room was beautifully appointed with tremendous and thoughtful attention to detail. Built in fold out ironing board is a good example of this. Lots of drawers to put clothes away so you don't feel like you're living out of a suite case. The room and bathroom have beautiful lighting, the can be adjusted to suit any mood. A nespresso machine one of the nice features of the room. No iPod dock - but you can't have everything.
Some other reviewers have mentioned the bed. I couldn't agree more - one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. In fact I was looking at the hotel's website trying to find the name of the manufacturer. Bed linens are part of this experience. I can't say enough about it.
Bathroom is of the same high quality with an enormous bathtub for two and rain shower - shower head. Heated floor in bathroom adds to the effect.
Unlike some hotels, the room and surrounding halls were very quiet. Another huge plus.
We only stayed one night, but want to return to spend a full weekend. Location would be ideal for extended period at Christmas or New Years. The room rate was not inexpensive, but I feel I got value for money.
If you are thinking going I'll note or you the hotel is very close to the VIA Train Station (Gare du palais). Almost walking distance. Hotel has a shuttle which we did not use. Used the valet parking, which has a car wash facility that I should have taken advantage of!
The only downside for me personally is that the hotel was offering a lower rate the weekend (fifty percent off what I paid) I stayed. I should have shopped around more for the better rate. Anyway - not bitter given the great time we had. Will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than a boutique hotel, Auberge Saint-Antoine is a window on Québec City’s past. Hundreds of artifacts from both the French and English regimes were discovered during an extensive archaeological dig on the property. In this unique contemporary space, the past has been audaciously re-interpreted for you to savour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Auberge Saint-Antoine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Saint-Antoine Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge Saint Antoine Quebec City
- Auberge St Antoine
- Auberge Saint-Antoine Quebec/Quebec City