“An amazing experience-definitely first rate”

Auberge Saint-Antoine
Ranked #5 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This trip was for our honeymoon and it could not have been anymore romantic or exceptional. The staff is first rate-including our concierge Genevieve who quite literally helped us every day. The restaurant Panache is not to be missed even if you are not staying at the hotel and it turns out that Quebec has gained quite a few new restauranteurs due to their start there. Our accomodations were spectacular and they have a wonderfully cozy bar near the lobby. Would love to go back on our 10th wedding anniversary with our kids!

Room Tip: It seems that this hotel is very quiet in general, but if you want the full experience-get a suite.
There are newer reviews for Auberge Saint-Antoine

Reviewed 27 October 2013

What a truly wonderful hotel to stay in. My husband and I loved every minute of it. We never heard a peep from anyone in any other room or in the halls. The room was very well appointed and I loved the fact that there was a second sink. No jostling for space. Our room faced the water which was really nice. The turndown service was a true delight after getting back from dinner. They thought of everything to help you wind down for the night. Low lights, closed drapes, soft music, water and a card with the next day's weather forecast. Old Quebec is very visitor friendly. Easily walked (except for the occasional hill). The shops were wonderful as were the restaurants. Everyone was so very friendly.

Room Tip: A room facing the courtyard is very quiet.
1  Thank rmeyerhoff
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We selected this hotel based on Trip Advisor reports and we were not disappointed. You are within walking distance to all of Old Quebec, and restaurants...very good ones...are on every street. I won't go on and on, it really is very good.

A suggestion to you. My wife and I like to book private tour guides when we vacation. Just the guide and the two of us. We booked through the hotel. I think they booked us with Grey Line, I'm not 100% sure, you can check through the hotel. If you do book ask for a guide called "Robert". The man is the very best guide that we have ever had. An entertaining historian that clearly loves his city. Book him, he is outstanding!

Room Tip: I doubt that you could find a "bad" room.
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel actually is a museum! It is loaded with finds they found when they dug up the ground underneath the hotel. Parts of the hotel are actually in an old warehoue which makes the corridors "interesting" and the rooms spacious. To be honest I have never stayed in such a place before and I was just swept of my feet. The location in Vieux Quebec is just perfect and everything is easy to reach. When I ever get back to Quebec this will be my hotel where I will definitely stay. J'aime l'Auberge Saint-Antoine!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We felt, when we returned to our room like we were in our own little cocoon. My daughter and I loved this hotel.
It was furnished beautifully.
The service was impeccable and the bar area service was outstanding.. The setting of their restaurant is very organic as is the food. A great choice for a foodie!
We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: We had a room with a little roof patio next to the Contemporary Museum and overlooking the harbor...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TGraze
Reviewed 22 October 2013

What a fantastic hotel. We booked a trip using a Travelzoo voucher and expected a small room tucked away the far corner. Not a bit, the room is huge with a large terrace overlooking the river. We have a king size bed with luxurious bedding, every amenity you could wish for, huge bathroom with underfloor heating, free tea and Nespresso machine facilities, the list goes on. We even returned after dinner last night to find the beds turned down, a romantic CD playing gently on the Bose sound system and bottles of water placed on each bedside unit. I could go on but I guess you've got the message. Don't stay anywhere else in Quebec City!
PS free valet parking and we don't have to vacate room until 12.00.

Room Tip: We were in 501 but I'd be surprised if there's a bad one
Reviewed 18 October 2013

A great boutique hotel. Service is outstanding. Location is perfect. Food was exquisite. We had dinner there one night and breakfast twice. The Panache restaurant was very warm and inviting and excellent food and drinks. I personally would not bring children there as it was mostly couples at dinner. The rooms and amenities were clean and fresh. I would stay there again many times over.
Small spa with limited menu in the spa but the service was excellent once again