“Exceptional Customer Service”

Ranked #3 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Exceptional Customer Service”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I often stay at Auberge St Antoine for business and I am always impressed by the level of customer service they offer to guests.
Hotel has a very cosy atmosphere starting with the fireplace in the lobby and in the restaurant.. and it continues with the heated floors in bathrooms in your super comfortable room.
Love the fact that they have Nespresso machines in every room - that way you can have a great cup of coffee in the morning before you leave.
Panache restaurant is top notch (although not cheap :).. if you can - treat yourself to the "Panache breakfast" - poached eggs with wild mushrooms and duck covered in Hollandaise sauce - AMAZING!! totally worth the $25 they charge you for this treat :)
Convenient location to Old Quebec City - you can walk anywhere in a few minutes.

During my last visit I lost a necklace somewhere in the hallway and I called the hotel 3 days later. They checked with housekeeping and confirmed it was found and then they mailed it to my home - that's what I would call going above and beyond for your guests.
Overall - great staff, great rooms, great atmosphere - strongly recommended!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Jarca H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

we got a coupon from travelzoo for $100 off, otherwise this would have been too pricey for us. we stayed in a lux room, very nice!! very clean accommodations, exceptional service, the room was spacious, lovely bathroom. I loved the comfy easy chair and huge footstool instead of the usual motel chair available. we only stayed one night on our way through to Ontario, wish we could have stayed longer. very centrally located, old quebec shops and restaurants are within an easy walk. the valet service was very nice, no need to worry about finding a spot to park. we definitely would stay again if we got another deal on the price. regular price for our room was $269 but we got it for $169. beware of the heft quebec room tax, it was over $30 on our room. only one little complaint, no sleep timer on the tv, but such a small thing to complain about.

Room Tip: we were on the 3rd floor, no problems with noise whatsoever. this is a high quality hotel, id be sur...
1 Thank H&B_love_to_travel
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

If you want to have a memorable and romantic stay in Quebec, then this is the place for you! From the beautiful furnishings in the lobby to the friendly staff to the amazing restaurant, you will never want to leave. Our room was beautiful and we loved the special amenities such as the Nespresso machine and tea pot. Each night our room was prepared with turn down service and fresh towels. The concierge is so helpful and enthusiastic. Be sure to ask for her help in planning your time there!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank prekteacher1214
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed four nights and had a wonderful experience. This is a beautiful boutique hotel. Worth the indulgence The rooms was elegant, service exceptional and great ambience. The entire staff was exceptional but Special shout out to Charles an exception concierge who who made great recommendations on things to see and do , places to eat - he booked dinner reservations and planned itineraries for us - always with grace and patience catering to special needs.
The room was lovely - the heated bathroom floor, then espresso machine, coming back in the evening to a beautiful turndown service that created a wonderful ambience in the room - beautiful lighting, classical music playing, a note with the next days weather report, ice bucket filled, fresh bottle of water. And the room was so quiet! The restaurant and the cafe are both lovely. great places to sit in the evening by the fire.

1 Thank Rgds
Clemmons, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed one night (Oct 26-27, 2013) at Auberge Saint-Antoine. We arrived very early (9AM) due to our ship debarking early that morning. Even though check-in time was 4pm, Kim at the front desk was wonderful. She said our requested room was ready, and we were quickly shown to our beautiful, lovely waterfront view room. The room and hotel were both lovely with a modern, minimalist decor. Kudo's to Sarah, the hotel concierge, who did a wonderful job of confirming our return flights to the U.S.

The one big downfall was an ethical one by Emmanuelle at the Front Desk. We loved the room's shower robes, so I inquired if new ones were for sale by the hotel. They said they were for a price of $100. I said fine & was told they would be waiting for us at the front desk the next morning. The next morning my husband went to the front desk to pick them up so we could pack them in our luggage. Emanuelle gave my husband the robe folded and tied nicely. He told my husband that I should check and see if I liked the material since it was different than the ones in the room. So, I checked. I could see no difference in the material whatsoever, but they did seem a little "slightly used". Additionally, the tag on the robe's neck was cut off as were our room robes.
I called Emanuelle, apologized for my call and hoped he took no offense, but said the robe seemed used. I asked if it was new. He stammered and then said "No"; they didn't have any new ones. I said I would be returning the robe to the front desk.

When I returned the robe, I asked him why he didn't tell my husband they were used rather than saying "check the material". He said he "forgot" when speaking to my husband and remembered after he left. I asked why he didn't call our room after he "remembered" rather than my making a $100 purchase without full information. He apologized and said he would have let me know after I made my decision!

I think this is unethical behavior and reflects badly on the hotel and management. I would not stay there again for this reason

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Harriet A
AubergeSaint-Antoine, Public Relations Manager at Auberge Saint-Antoine, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Harriet A,

We are very surprised about your comment. The employee mentioned is with us since a few years and he is a reliable person, who made the mistake in giving you incomplete information. Please note that we take your comment very seriously because we thrive for excellence for our guests and our image is very important to us. As a Relais & Chateaux hotel we have very high standards, therefore we do not sell used bathrobes, we never did and we never will. Neither will we or would we accept unethical behavior from the members of our team.
We are sorry to hear that the despite the service rendered and despite the fact that you found our hotel and your room wonderful, you do not consider to return to Auberge Saint-Antoine.
Sincerley,

Ingrid Lemm
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2013

In fact, it would top a LOT of lists. The management of this place have thought of just about everything to make your stay more pleasurable - no half measure is taken and, to be honest, the service and amenities are above and beyond above and beyond.

From the big things like the quality of the mattresses and shower (both unbelievable) down to laying out the TV guide and channel list on your bed for when you arrive, it's obviously run in such a way as to make you say "why can't every hotel do this/have that".

Now, it's not cheap. Nor is it prohibitive, what i would say is that, normally, I'd prefer to have the best room in a worse hotel than the worst room in the best hotel... but this has made me rethink - we booked the only available room (last minute) and it was still everything we needed and more.

The room was made up every time we left it (i've never seen a room made up twice in a day!).

The bar is decent, the mini bar fair (a nice touch - bucking the trend), the brunch in the restaurant was amazing.

We will 100% return.

Room Tip: don't worry about it - we were confined to the smallest/lowest cost room and it was incredible.
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 November 2013

You're guaranteed to be happy with your trip to Quebec if you stay at the Saint-Antoine. It combines comfort with aesthetic design and history in a way that few other places do.

The hotel breathes the history of the place. Located on what used to be the shore of the St. Lawrence River, the Saint Antoine is a prime example of how good architecture enhances the landscape, preserves historic artefacts and allows for 21st century lifestyle. The area is really the spot where Quebec was first settled by the French. Throughout the building you will see vitrines exhibiting archaeological objects found on the premises. In the downstairs lounge area, parts of the original walls from the 17th century are preserved.

We felt super comfortable in the evenings when we had some drinks downstairs in one of the two fireplace alcoves. The only negative that can be mentioned here is that the service at this particular lounge is very slow and you actively need to seek the attention of the staff to order something. If they improve that aspect, it will really be difficult to find anything to criticise.

The room was very comfortable. We had one with direct access to a huge terrace area. Because it was already quite cold outside, we didn't really use it much, except for a few minutes in the morning and evening, watching the mighty St. Lawrence River and the huge ships that manoeuvred in it.

A particular delight is the wonderful floor heating in the bathroom. What better way to warm up after spending the day out in Quebec's autumn weather!

The concierge Charles must surely be one of the hardest-working people I've ever met. He spent hours calling around for our spa treatments to ensure my wife and I got what we wanted. The hotel of course has its own spa and fitness facilities, however there are limitations as to the number of people who can use them at any given time.

The breakfast that was included in our room is pretty nice—it's à la carte, not a buffet. Try the house smoothy—it's so delicious, you wonder if it can really be that good for you!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple