We had such a great experience here, from start to finish. The public areas of the hotel are charming and welcoming. Our room, a luxe terrasse, while not large, was incredibly well planned. The space was very livable and we never felt crowded during our three night stay. The terrace had a great view, but unfortunately the weather was a little too cold and blustery for us to use that space. The bathroom was well above average and the shower was exceptional. We really enjoyed the Nespresso coffee maker and the high quality teas (all complimentary) in our room. Finally, I am delighted to say that the room was incredibly quiet. I am a very light sleeper and I never heard anything through the walls of our room.
What really makes this hotel exceptional is the staff. I am hard pressed to remember a more welcoming and kind group, without exception. Everyone greeted us with a smile and was more than happy to share suggestions on restaurants and things to see and do. My husband kept saying "Everyone is so friendly here!" We truly felt like valued guests.
Quebec City itself is absolutely wonderful. We took a walking tour and a tour of the Citadel. The rest of our time was spent exploring on our own. There was definitely plenty to see during our three day visit. Needless to say, it is not difficult to get a good meal here. We had a fantastic and surprisingly well-priced lunch at SSS. Matto, right near the hotel, is excellent, too. I recommend sharing several different courses. The pasta seemed freshly made - delicious and the fish was so good that I am still craving it today! We also had a dinner at the hotel's restaurant, Panache. It was absolutely a first class experience and truly gourmet. I don't want to eat like that every day, but I certainly recommend you dine there once during your visit.
Lastly, be sure when you book your room that you opt for the bed and breakfast package. Breakfast at the Panache restaurant is a delicious way to start your day, though I shudder to think how much it would have added to our hotel bill if our three breakfasts had not been included in our room rate!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than a boutique hotel, Auberge Saint-Antoine is a window on Québec City’s past. Hundreds of artifacts from both the French and English regimes were discovered during an extensive archaeological dig on the property. In this unique contemporary space, the past has been audaciously re-interpreted for you to savour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Auberge Saint-Antoine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Saint-Antoine Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge Saint Antoine Quebec City
- Auberge St Antoine
- Auberge Saint-Antoine Quebec/Quebec City