“Very special”

Auberge Saint-Antoine
Ranked #5 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had such a great experience here, from start to finish. The public areas of the hotel are charming and welcoming. Our room, a luxe terrasse, while not large, was incredibly well planned. The space was very livable and we never felt crowded during our three night stay. The terrace had a great view, but unfortunately the weather was a little too cold and blustery for us to use that space. The bathroom was well above average and the shower was exceptional. We really enjoyed the Nespresso coffee maker and the high quality teas (all complimentary) in our room. Finally, I am delighted to say that the room was incredibly quiet. I am a very light sleeper and I never heard anything through the walls of our room.

What really makes this hotel exceptional is the staff. I am hard pressed to remember a more welcoming and kind group, without exception. Everyone greeted us with a smile and was more than happy to share suggestions on restaurants and things to see and do. My husband kept saying "Everyone is so friendly here!" We truly felt like valued guests.

Quebec City itself is absolutely wonderful. We took a walking tour and a tour of the Citadel. The rest of our time was spent exploring on our own. There was definitely plenty to see during our three day visit. Needless to say, it is not difficult to get a good meal here. We had a fantastic and surprisingly well-priced lunch at SSS. Matto, right near the hotel, is excellent, too. I recommend sharing several different courses. The pasta seemed freshly made - delicious and the fish was so good that I am still craving it today! We also had a dinner at the hotel's restaurant, Panache. It was absolutely a first class experience and truly gourmet. I don't want to eat like that every day, but I certainly recommend you dine there once during your visit.

Lastly, be sure when you book your room that you opt for the bed and breakfast package. Breakfast at the Panache restaurant is a delicious way to start your day, though I shudder to think how much it would have added to our hotel bill if our three breakfasts had not been included in our room rate!!

1  Thank wellesley82
Write a ReviewReviews (2,249)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Auberge! The service was outstanding and extremely pleasant and helpful. The rooms were spacious, clean and had plenty of storage space. The location was also great. I would absolutely return in the future and wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: All rooms had their benefits.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This Relais & Chateaux property lives up to the reputation of R&C, and is consistent with our experience. It is ideally located within walking distance of the Old City and the staff (especially the concierge) was extraordinary. My wife was really pleased with the spa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out to the St. Lawrence.
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

What a unique experience. Our room was a delight with the view of the river and a window to a balcony. Loved the decor which incorporated the history of the site. Special staff who made our stay exceptional. TRES BIEN!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank galeberta
Reviewed 26 May 2014

While very expensive, it is a luxury hotel that is worth it for those with the money or those wanting something extra special. Based in lower Old Quebec, it is just steps away from many excellent restaurants and attractions. It was very quiet, the service was outstanding and the rooms were beautiful. The gym and spa area were also lovely with everything perfectly set out. We were able to watch the Habs game on the huge screen in their movie theatre which was also a special treat.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We really like this hotel. It has a beautiful dining room and nicely appointed rooms. However, I had the worst overpriced massage here. The massage therapist just lightly touched my skin and spent more time moving around the blankets. When I told her I wanted more pressure then she started rubbing my skin really hard but then went back to lightly touching which was almost comical. I would not complain but the massage was expensive. My husband had a very nice massage in contrast. One benefit of the hotel at breakfast is that they put together very good fresh juice smoothies. The concierge service was very good at recommending good restaurants in the vicinity.

2  Thank lw11152013
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great hotel with excellent service. We were here for a business meeting and the rooms were outstanding. Service was 5 Star - Concierge, doorman, turn down service, even a cocktail hour with the owners of the hotel!

I would highly recommend this hotel. The only negative would be that it is at the bottom of a rather substantial climb to get to many other parts of the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business