Auberge Saint-Antoine
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$141
US$136
  • Bar/Lounge
US$212
US$157
US$170
US$156
  • Pool
Super 8 Quebec City(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$75
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$201
US$292
US$266
  • Restaurant
Hotel Palace Royal(Quebec City)
US$166
US$143
2,294 results
All reviewspanache restaurantheated floorsturn down serviceold quebeclower townnespresso machinebathroom floorbeautiful hotelmuseum of civilizationboutique hotelconcierge deskriver viewart galleriescruise shipthe hotel's restaurantrain showerlawrence river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I got engaged in Quebec City while staying at the Auberge Saint-Antoine and so I have particularly fond memories of the hotel. As a hotel, in practically every way but one, it was one of the finest hotel's I've every had the pleasure of staying at. The staff is extremely warm and friendly, especially if you can speak a few words in French. Everything, from the fireplaces in the lobby, to the excellent restaurant attached to the hotel, to the rooms themselves (with an extraordinary lobby space to put your shoes and clothes and the excellent bathtub in the bathroom) was nothing less than first class. And indeed, the location of the hotel, in the most laid back lower town (rather than the more hustle bustle upper town) was perfect. In many ways, it was the perfect hotel in which to get engaged.

The only complaint we had was of the bed itself - while I wouldn't say it was uncomfortable (and there may well be a lot of people who love the bed), we found that it was less comfortable than it looked and that our sleep was average. Normally, we look forward to staying in a hotel of this class for the immaculate sleeping experience, and in this respect, it did not deliver. Again, it could very well have been us, but in giving an honest review, I thought I should mention it.

That said, next time we are in Quebec City, we would probably stay here again. The overall hotel experience offered by the St. Antoine is spectacular and it really is deserving of its accolades as one of the best hotels in the world.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bazarov
Reviewed 14 November 2010

-If you are in Quebec City, you owe it to yourself to try this hotel. The staff is beyond compare; we arrived very late in the evening (near midnight!) and we had the loveliest reception. Each day we were greeted warmly by the staff, and the concierges were wonderful as well. It was no problem getting our car out; if you call for it, it is in front of the hotel by the time you have arrived downstairs from your room.

-The hotel decor is striking,blending modern chic with a little 'old world rusticness' and elements such as artifacts displayed in chic light-boxes in the common areas.
-Very nice area to sit and sip a drink in the lower lobby areas, near two fireplaces. The bar staff were extraordinary there as well! (try out your French, they're very accommodating and helpful, but there's no need to speak it if you don't know it--all speak English as well)
-Rooms were outfitted with very luxurious linens and a plethora of great towels. I am so glad to not have to ask for more towels for once.
-Turn-down is a nice bonus, with fresh bottled water provided every evening. A great touch for your next-day sightseeing.

-Location in Lower town is proximate to many good restaurants (including the restaurant Panache), so you can walk to a good many things, and a short staircase/hill away is upper town.
-Only odd thing/negative for us was the fluctuating water temperature in the rainhead shower. It would verge on getting cold, then warm again. Some nights were better than others. ?Old pipes? Certainly it wasn't a problem, but it was less than optimal for long showers. Soaking tubs were definitely a nice touch.
-Free internet in lobby. Another plus!

-Was able to try the spa and gym; very cool, architecturally interesting area, with a great spa staff. Gym isn't huge, but certainly up to date and adequate.( If you walk up the hill from lower to upper town and back a couple of times a day as we did, you probably don't need the gym anyway!)

Definitely recommend for those 'boutique hotel' aficionados, and those who appreciate truly great service.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Westmount
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I use to browse the Relais & Chateau guide when I was in Europe & just pick up a week end destination on the big white guide.
In America the selection is thinner.
This week end we had the opportunity to be in Québec & Auberge Saint Antoine managed to have both a very beautifull suite (212) & a table at Panache (the restaurant).
That's what I love with such places: from the location, the room to the Restaurant you will benefit from an unforgetable positive experience & professional staff.
Yes it was as good as in Europe.
The Auberge is defintely a place I recomend if you can afford it (cherry pick the bigger & even the Suite).
To the staff: double check rooms & electricity (desk lights).

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I arrived at around 9pm and my room had accidentally been checked in to somebody else, so I was upgraded to a suite (one of the thematic ones) at no extra cost. To my pleasant surprise, the room was very luxurious (spacious, had a expresso maker and a water boiler with free tea, 2 TVs, living room, etc).

Every staff member was very courteous and very helpful when I asked for information.

When ordering food, I recommend that you ask about the size of the portions, because the portion of some of the menu items tend to be pretty small (think French high cuisine)(note that I'm a fit and active individual so I tend to eat a little more than food guide standard portions). However everything was delicious.

My only disappointment was that I couldn't enjoy the more cultural / museum aspect of the hotel, like the archeological visit, because of the business nature of my trip that left me burnt out at the end of the day.

After my experience there, I really want to go back and enjoy the cultural packages. And if I have to go Quebec city again, I will not want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2010

We felt the staff was very unfriendly. They did not offer us a newspaper selection, did not review the room with us upon check-in.The carpet at the edges under the desk and along the walls needed sweeping with the vacuum.The toilet paper kept falling off the holder when unrolling.
The heated floor was great.Turn down service was very nice but poor compared to the Le St. James in Montreal where we had just stayed. There was not very much to do after walking lower and upper city so we left town 2 days early.I was very disappointed in this hotel.We did have an excellent meal in the very cozy,warm Panache restaurant. This was the best quality of the cold looking stark hotel.The staff there however was a bit standoffish.The free Wi-Fi was a plus.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple