“Beautiful old house in a great location!”
Review of Castel du Monde

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quebec City
Castel du Monde
Ranked #30 of 119 Quebec City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at Castel du Monde in May and had a wonderful time. Yolanda the host was warm and friendly and made us feel at home. Our room was the Frontenac, and it was huge, with 2 large beds and one small bed and plenty of room. The house and decor has so much character with so many beautiful and interesting pieces. There is plenty of outdoor terrace space as well, nice for breakfast or an evening drink. The breakfast was good, with lots of choices. I would let you know that there are lots of stairs, just an FYI. We would highly recommend this b&b and will definitely be back one day. If you have questions before booking, feel free to call Yolanda directly, she is very helpful. Thank you for a lovely weekend!

Room Tip: Frontenac is a very nice and large room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank stintoronto

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at Castel du Monde in Oct 2013 for the 3rd year in a row. It is absolutely charming this time as the first time. We stayed out back in a newly renovated 2 1/2 room in the back of the hotel It was beautifully decorated and very quiet. The rooms were spacious. It was like we had our own place. The breakfasts were wornderful and different everyday. Uusally we did not need a lunch but did save room for some esquite pasteries at different shops in the city. We have already made reservations for Oct 2014. Jolanta and her daughter are excellent hostess and will see to your every needs. It is conventiently located and walking distance to everything in the old city. We strongly recommend this B&B th everyone. Dave and Sofia Thompson

Room Tip: They do have rooms on the ground floor ar the 21/2 room out back which is also ground level
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emma91_11
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed at the Castel du Monde with 4 friends, we were in QC for a union conference. The staff at this B&B were wonderful, helpful and kind. It felt like a home away from home, much nicer than a hotel in my opinion. The bed was very comfortable, the room was quaint and clean, the view was spectacular ( I was on the 3rd floor, with my own terrace). The food was great every morning, with a very nice and varied selection, different each day. It was a great place to stay, I plan to come back with my family next summer.

Room Tip: Each of the rooms that I saw were all nice, they were all different. I had the room on the top floo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Finding this B&B was great luck! The house has an old world eclectic mix of furniture and decor, and was very comfortable. Jolanta was lovely, very friendly and helpful. The rooms were immaculate, I didn't see a speck of dust. The house had a guesthouse feel to it - you could refresh supplies yourself, as needed, or request it.

The daily home-cooked breakfast was amazing, I'm not sure you could want anything more! We spent three nights at Castel du Monde and each day was a different selection of fruit, hot dish (usually egg), cheese, ham, bread, cereals and juice. Definitely a hearty breakfast!

My only warning would be that this is an old house with steep and creaky stairs. I found that I had to stay focused climbing/descending and that doing all three flights to my room made me slightly dizzy but it subsided just as I caught my breath.

This is definitely a place to return to next time I find myself in Quebec City.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2013

On top of the mountain with a spectacular ocean view. Located close to down town, walking distance to everything.
The decoration is very mid-century and you feel like you are the princess living in the castle.
Stuff there are very helpful and polite.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kun H
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is a very lovely and quaint bed & breakfast right in the old Quebec area. Wonderful location to all the sites in the city. Yolanda was very helpful, we arrived at 10:00 a.m. from our cruise and was able to join other guests for coffee/tea and leave our suitcases so we could enjoy the city before our room was ready.
Our room was very spacious & clean. One night we had wine & cheese on the back deck overlooking the city lights-beautiful! Breakfast was coffee, tea and juice with selection of wonderful breads, cereal, fresh fruit, cheeses (my husbands favorite) and a hot casserole. Only thing you must keep in mind when you book and remember when you check in is that you must be able to climb stairs and carry your luggage up one, two or three flights of stairs to your assigned room. This small inconvenience is offset by great lodge pricing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I try hard to give honest reviews and found this one to be a close call. We had a top floor room with our own door to a third floor balcony overlooking the St. Lawrence, Chateau Frontenac and Old Quebec. The stairs were a long walk up after a day of walking, however, we knew what to expect to no negative marks here. Breakfast was a full selection of breads, cereals, spreads and drinks. Hot dish was a souffle one day, an egg casserole the other, very similar, same warm sausage made breakfast very similar, although wife loved the fresh fruits so scored high with her. Nice little kitchenette unique paintings, furniture and objet d'art everywhere. Located on one of the back roads near the wall so rooms were quiet at night. A bit of a walk to lower town and all up hill walk back after a day of sightseeing. Was close to our dinner choice so it made for an easy walk. No onsite or street parking meant an extra $22 per day although look for packages in underground garage.

Arrival was well organized with letter and key waiting for us inside the front door, hostess was there every morning to ensure breakfast was made and look after checkouts.

Room Tip: Ask for lower room if stairs are a problem and ask for back room if you are a light sleeper, can be...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple