“Wonderful B&B”
Review of Castel du Monde

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quebec City
Castel du Monde
Ranked #25 of 120 Quebec City B&B and Inns
Omaha, Nebraska
“Wonderful B&B”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My 17 year old daughter and I stayed in the Ecurie room and it was perfect. With a second bed upstairs in the loft, we each had our own space. The B&B has a lovely, eclectic décor and is very well kept. The location made it easy for us to walk anywhere in the Old City. It was also easy to take a city bus to the Montmorency Falls and the Aquarium. The innkeeper, Jolanta, was welcoming and helpful. It was a pleasure to come back to our room to relax in the afternoons. Every morning she made a delicious breakfast. We could have stayed at one of the high-dollar hotels, but I'm so glad we chose Castel du Monde. I'll recommend it to all of my family and friends.

Room Tip: The Ecurie is very private. In fact, you're in a separate building. Maybe it was a coach house...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here for 5 days. Room was spacious and clean. Lovely balcony. Breakfast was quite adequate. For the money, Castel du Monde is a great value.
On a more critical note, I must say the 6 reproduction pictures in our room were quite unnecessary and truly detracted from our experience. If each picture cost more than 20.00, I would be surprised. They truly diminished our overall experience.
Secondly. the innkeeper was unable to assist us in obtaining our airline boarding passes via her computer. One would expect that doing so would be an everyday experience.
Nevertheless the B and B is in a fine location , and as I said, an excellent value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AaronFWA
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at Castel du Monde in May and had a wonderful time. Yolanda the host was warm and friendly and made us feel at home. Our room was the Frontenac, and it was huge, with 2 large beds and one small bed and plenty of room. The house and decor has so much character with so many beautiful and interesting pieces. There is plenty of outdoor terrace space as well, nice for breakfast or an evening drink. The breakfast was good, with lots of choices. I would let you know that there are lots of stairs, just an FYI. We would highly recommend this b&b and will definitely be back one day. If you have questions before booking, feel free to call Yolanda directly, she is very helpful. Thank you for a lovely weekend!

Room Tip: Frontenac is a very nice and large room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank stintoronto
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at Castel du Monde in Oct 2013 for the 3rd year in a row. It is absolutely charming this time as the first time. We stayed out back in a newly renovated 2 1/2 room in the back of the hotel It was beautifully decorated and very quiet. The rooms were spacious. It was like we had our own place. The breakfasts were wornderful and different everyday. Uusally we did not need a lunch but did save room for some esquite pasteries at different shops in the city. We have already made reservations for Oct 2014. Jolanta and her daughter are excellent hostess and will see to your every needs. It is conventiently located and walking distance to everything in the old city. We strongly recommend this B&B th everyone. Dave and Sofia Thompson

Room Tip: They do have rooms on the ground floor ar the 21/2 room out back which is also ground level
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emma91_11
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed at the Castel du Monde with 4 friends, we were in QC for a union conference. The staff at this B&B were wonderful, helpful and kind. It felt like a home away from home, much nicer than a hotel in my opinion. The bed was very comfortable, the room was quaint and clean, the view was spectacular ( I was on the 3rd floor, with my own terrace). The food was great every morning, with a very nice and varied selection, different each day. It was a great place to stay, I plan to come back with my family next summer.

Room Tip: Each of the rooms that I saw were all nice, they were all different. I had the room on the top floo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Finding this B&B was great luck! The house has an old world eclectic mix of furniture and decor, and was very comfortable. Jolanta was lovely, very friendly and helpful. The rooms were immaculate, I didn't see a speck of dust. The house had a guesthouse feel to it - you could refresh supplies yourself, as needed, or request it.

The daily home-cooked breakfast was amazing, I'm not sure you could want anything more! We spent three nights at Castel du Monde and each day was a different selection of fruit, hot dish (usually egg), cheese, ham, bread, cereals and juice. Definitely a hearty breakfast!

My only warning would be that this is an old house with steep and creaky stairs. I found that I had to stay focused climbing/descending and that doing all three flights to my room made me slightly dizzy but it subsided just as I caught my breath.

This is definitely a place to return to next time I find myself in Quebec City.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 October 2013

On top of the mountain with a spectacular ocean view. Located close to down town, walking distance to everything.
The decoration is very mid-century and you feel like you are the princess living in the castle.
Stuff there are very helpful and polite.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family