“Best breakfast in QC”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We arrived by taxi and my husband was using a walker. When looking at the front of the building I was not sure we could manage all the steps, however a guard directed us to the handicapped door and we had a personal escort to the dining room. The restaurant only had a few tables occupied during the time we were there. There was one server and she was great. She gave advice on the menu and joked with my husband and brother-in-law and we laughed a lot during this meal. The food was great. I had the french toast, my husband had the omelet and they were both excellent. The food was hot and attractively presented. Coffee was great (most of the coffee in QC is very good) and our server kept our cups full. We had such a good meal on a Friday and we were leaving on Sunday. If we had found it sooner we would have eaten more meals there because the price was good and the food was excellent.

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Had I more time in Quebec City, I would have eaten here more often. $3.99 for one egg, two pieces of toast, hash browns, bacon and coffee? Unheard of! And so tasty! A hidden gem.

1  Thank Qpdoll
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We booked our trip ahead of time. the visit was a definite must see. it is free of charge, i believe it must be booked ahead of time for security reasons. it's a very beautiful building with lots of historical items. you can dine in the main dining room or there is another less costly cafeteria in the basement. if you can afford it, dining in the main dining room is definitely worth the price.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

On September 6th after taking a tour of Québec's handsome parliament building, my husband and I had lunch at the very elegant Le Parlementaire restaurant. Parliament wasn't due to open until the next day, so the usually busy restaurant had few people and our waitress Jocelyn (a wonderful Québec character!) had plenty of time to give us warm and proficient service. (I can just imagine her chatting up the politicians as she bustles around!) The food was exceedingly good, beautifully presented, and quite reasonable. I had a seafood lasagna that was a much more delicate version of that dish without the usual tomato sauce and very delicious. My husband had a really fine plate of sweet breads. The Beaux Arts dining room is absolutely gorgeous. Definitely keep this restaurant in mind for a fine meal with a glimpse of official Québec as a bonus! Actually, I'd give this resto four and a half stars if I could.
Janet, Massachusetts, USA

1  Thank mezzomagic
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This place is a gardener's dream! Most of the plants around the parliament are vegetables and fruits. It was fascinating and so cool to see edible vegetation used in an ornamental way.

1  Thank traingos