“Close to hotel on a cold evening”
Review of Restaurant Copas

Restaurant Copas
Ranked #365 of 1,464 Restaurants in Quebec City
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Description: Across the street from the Dagobert. Spanish offerings(wines and meals) very impressed. We dined JUly 31st,2011
Sooke, Canada
“Close to hotel on a cold evening”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

As indicated with the title we chose this place because it was just two doors up from our hotel. We wanted something warm, had not decided what we might like and all enjoyed Spanish dishes. The place is warm, lots of colour without being overbearing. Unfortunately the washrooms are downstairs - not god for anyone with a disability.

My daughter and I had paella, hers with lobster added that she claimed was a good size and tasty. My paella was just ordinary. I felt they had missed out on the chorizo, had two pieces in my dish. The prawns were tasty, 3 there. I did have a good selection of scallops and mussels and small shrimp which were flavourful. The rice was too dry though and not a lot of flavour mixed with the vegetables. My grandson had spaghetti, not on the menu but available to children - they have three choices for fussy palates. A nice touch.

Overall we had a pleasant evening out of the cold. My SIL and daughter enjoyed their beer and red wine respectively. The bread was quite good.

Biggest complaint beyond the food being just alright was the broken stained glass divider next to where my GS sat and the lack of easy access to the washrooms.
They do make accommodations for all those winter garments rather than having patrons having to find space for coats, hats, scarves and mittens.

Service was friendly.

Montreal, Canada
“Great Food, great staff, great time!!!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I love Tapas and this restaurant was really worth the stop! The staff was amazingly nice, the food (I had Tapas) was delicious and the owners are real spanish people which bring the european experience to the top! My friend had the Paella and he loved it as well!! Next time I'm in Quebec City, I will stop by this restaurant again for sure!

Newport, Rhode Island
“Better than the previous reviews suggest”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We ate here having not read reviews and chose the pre-fixe menu for $22 with the soup of the day (chicken), house paella--hot and tasty-rice and all meat and seafood cooked perfectly, and tea. The service was perfectly timed. I cannot speak for their tapas or other menu items but the food was delicious this evening.

London, United Kingdom
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Enjoyed dinner here one evening, sat at a table in the window, pleasant and quiet. Gazpacho followed by tilapia, with wine, all very good, well served. Pleasant atmosphere but busy around the bar area. Good food and service, good value.

• Visited September 2013
Constable, New York
“Delicious Paella”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We read an unflattering review of Copas but as it was close to hotel and we wanted Spanish cuisine we looked at the menu board outside and decided to try it. We enjoyed a great jug of sangria with a delicious Paella dish and my wife had shrimp on a bed of rice. The meals were served pipping hot by a friendly helpful waitress. The dessert was rich and enjoyable as was the coffee . We will return on next trip to Old Quebec

• Visited October 2013